Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

This kind of commercial never went out of style in Indiana so I'm not sure I get the joke???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Peanut President posted:

This kind of commercial never went out of style in Indiana so I'm not sure I get the joke???

In the meth-producing parts, maybe.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

devmd01 posted:

In the meth-producing parts, maybe.

So Indiana then.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Holy crap that owned.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Peanut President posted:

You have to compare it to the advertisement for the Indy 500 that's why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBmjGV2Kb8k&t=25s

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

All that needed was a mullet, and a few monster trucks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

AirborneSpore posted:

All that needed was a mullet, and a few monster trucks.

And a Confederate flag.

That ad makes me almost slightly more likely to consider driving 4 hours for what will no doubt be an awful race. Then I remember that IRP is gone, replaced by an accompanying, even-worse-than-the-400 undercard, and it's gone.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
someone in their promo department watched this one too many times

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

edit: and the sequels/remakes of course:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbxq0IDqD04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxieMOdo6IU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru6p5NLXxvY

edit 2: NASCAR 2014 (The Chase): TOO ENERGETIC FOR NORMAL SPORTS!!!!

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 22, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Or, my Alma Mater's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niv5bfnJ3Hw

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
mines the best :colbert:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

that loving scar lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

that loving scar lol

I just saw that pic, and I'm glad I did because now it's clear the seats I was going to buy I, in fact, do not want because it looks like you're looking through the grandstands to see the frontstretch.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
one more day until this

there's a high chance this will be the greatest race we'll see all year in any series

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There is really no doubt that Wednesday will be the best day of the Oval racing season. I have my dvr set to record this all evening in case I get hit by a truck and can't watch this awesomeness live. Last year I missed the last several laps due to dvr stupidity not this year end 2hrs after.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The race will be awesome. And I'm going.

I'd forgotten that there was a Top 30 Rule in Trucks until I saw that highlight and read the format of the race, though. Good job, NASCAR...

e- Brian France on SiriusXM:

quote:

“In every decision that we have ever made that is important, the more input, the more people we heard from the better results. That will never change in the business model of NASCAR because good ideas come from all over the place. That’s the strength we have.’’

Re-iterating what was said in the LA Times:

quote:

In 2007, France rolled out a new, safer NASCAR race car dubbed the "Car of Tomorrow," developed largely without collaboration with the auto manufacturers and teams and drivers. The car proved unwieldy to drive and didn't provide enough of the passing NASCAR fans love. Drivers such as Kyle Busch openly blasted the car's design.

"I was arrogant at that time that whatever we did was going to work," France said. "I learned a great lesson. That started my collaboration with the teams, team owners, the drivers in a way I hadn't done."

quote:

"We have a long history of doing business by listening to everyone in the garage," he said. "It's worked well and each owner will continue to have input."

We've always worked with and had a great relationship with the teams, except for the time I created my very own racecar because I said it was going to work and therefore it was going to work, but it didn't exactly work like I wanted it to.

Looks like somebody's taking his 120 foot yacht on a cruise up Denial River.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 22, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
That wing was the best part. Anybody who knew the least bit about aerodynamics knew that thing was shithouse, and it took until the Newman flip at Daytona for people to question it.

Geez, that car just did a front flip blowover which has happened like, never, think it was the wing?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Well if anyone was gonna find a way to flip that thing, it was gonna be Newman.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Clint continues to own.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
zombie elvis, gold leaf and rhinestones

:thumbsup:

I really think there's just a loop of Unknown Hinson quotes in his brain at all times

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Supposedly the schedule changes for next year:
Darlington takes Phoenix's spring date.
Phoenix takes Bristol's spring date.
Bristol takes Darlington's date.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
that's actually not stupid

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Here's something stupid to keep you level so you appreciate the non-stupid moments:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/here-it-is--the-worst-nascar-sponsorship-ad-campaign-ever-153840605.html

It's a TV commercial, where a girl asks Kyle Larson how he takes care of his rear end after he goes.

It is a real commercial.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I loving hate you

like that ad is bad and shame on him, but you exposed me to that so it's on you

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Trucks at eldora tomorrow.

I'm too excited to sleep.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Trucks at eldora tomorrow.

I'm too excited to sleep.

Tickets still available!

Seriously, how the hell did Eldora go from sold out in January to about 1,000 reserved seats still available night before? Other than the fact that they're running it on a god drat Wednesday night.

e- Outlook tells me above my confirmation e-mail "This sender failed our fraud detection checks". Jesus Christ. :laffo:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 23, 2014

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

...they're running it on a god drat Wednesday night.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

On further review, it probably doesn't help that the nearest decently-sized center of population (Dayton) is an hour away.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I'm pissed I'm going to miss a good chunk of the beginning since I work til 5 pm and don't get home until just before 6:30. Why not make it a loving Friday or Saturday night.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Tickets still available!

Seriously, how the hell did Eldora go from sold out in January to about 1,000 reserved seats still available night before? Other than the fact that they're running it on a god drat Wednesday night.

I think one reason (other than Weds night and being in the middle of nowhere Ohio) is that last year was the first year and everyone wanted to be there and see it.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

Tickets still available!
Other than the fact that they're running it on a god drat Wednesday night.

Were it not on Wednesday, I would have definitely gone, and not alone either.

If they run next year's on a Friday, I'll buy my tickets tomorrow.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Nope, do the whole week right.

Wed - eldora trucks
Thurs - silver crown at Lucas oil
Fri - Tudor at ims, ARCA at Lucas oil
Sat - nwide
Sun - brickyard
Mon - Betty ford center

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Brickyard is one of the he bottom 10 races of the season for me. The amount of lovely races that track has produced has made me totally turned off.
I'm excited to see eldura and Lucas oil races.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Harveygod posted:

Well, I've packed up my wife and baby and I'm heading to Lebanon Valley. Hopefully it's as good as I've been told.

So how'd this turn out anyway

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/NYeoman/status/491952590255435776/photo/1

Damnit

Lake Speed would have been the winner we deserve.

Also, that top 5 :allears:.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Cannot Find Server posted:

So how'd this turn out anyway
It actually went well. We had a good time. The baby actually enjoyed watching for awhile and didn't mind the noise. I especially enjoyed walking onto the track after the race.

Thanks to Viking for the recommendation.

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 23, 2014

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
JWT spin count: 2

:allears:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Harveygod posted:

Thanks to Viking for the recommendation.

No problem man, did they run the modifieds too?

Always happy to get more people to go to a dirt track.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Did anyone see that Jeremy Mayfield did an AMA on r/NASCAR? It was pretty interesting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/comments/2biisr/im_jeremy_mayfield_former_nascar_driver_and_some/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

VikingSkull posted:

No problem man, did they run the modifieds too?
Yes, they did. They were pretty good. I'm thinking of doing a camping trip and maybe bringing our nephew.

• Locked thread