Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They should go the opposite direction, start it as a thong, then when they change it to normal panties everyone will be grateful and think it's progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Deadpool posted:

I think Durance was season four.

Anyway, everyone needs to get Stephen Amell's attention and have him replace the Salmon Ladder next season with the Swap Salmon Ladder.

http://gfycat.com/KindheartedSecondBasil

Stephen Amell's training routine from video's makes me feel sad.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The new 52 Wonder Woman with all the heavy Greek myth poo poo should be the way they adapt Wonder Woman henceforth. Having a bad-rear end Amazon going around fighting gods and giant monsters practically writes itself. It could be Xena but less homoerotic.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The new 52 Wonder Woman with all the heavy Greek myth poo poo should be the way they adapt Wonder Woman henceforth. Having a bad-rear end Amazon going around fighting gods and giant monsters practically writes itself. It could be Xena but less homoerotic.

So remove coming from an all female island part?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

So remove coming from an all female island part?

That's still around, it's just Less Gay.

i hope it's still really gay but some bad things happen and I don't want to spoil it

all the girls get turned to snakes and diana's mom gets stoned

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

That's still around, it's just Less Gay.

i hope it's still really gay but some bad things happen and I don't want to spoil it

all the girls get turned to snakes and diana's mom gets stoned

I think they would keep the gay part and remove the super rapey part of 52's Paradise Island.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

I think they would keep the gay part and remove the super rapey part of 52's Paradise Island.

You mean the part about how new Amazons are born? I mean...you can't really remove that since it's a factor of the historical Amazon legacy or whatnot, can you?

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Having a kick-rear end lesbian Wonder Woman show in the vein of "arrow" would be awesome, what are you talking about.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Thwomp posted:

I wonder if Amell will replace his salmon ladder with the whole American Ninja Warrior course now that that 100-lb gymnast just destroyed the course last week.

Funny you say that.

"some article about that gymnast posted:

One A-lister from whom Catanzaro would like to hear: Arrow star Stephen Amell, a self-proclaimed Ninja Warrior superfan, who has hit the gym with Catanzaro’s boyfriend and trainer Brent Steffensen (himself a four-time ANW competitor). Watching a video of Amell’s Ninja-esque “Superhero Workout,” Catanzaro noted that “his form is just tip-top. Maybe he could teach me some things. I wouldn’t hate that.”

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Amell posted that article to his Facebook with the message "Ready when they are."

Please let this happen.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

hcreight posted:

Amell posted that article to his Facebook with the message "Ready when they are."

Please let this happen.

Is it against the rules to do it in costume?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Azubah posted:

Not the show's.

(Probably WB's though :()

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Azubah posted:

There doesn't seem to be one against doing it without:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_WMG2Q5pQ

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

You never know. The networks have no problem promoting clips on each others' late night shows and this seems like it would be a logical extension of that.

Whether Amell would want to do it in costume is another story.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Do they have the crazy cliff-hanger in the American version because that is some bullshit. Is the American version easier then Sasuke (I've only watched Sasuske)?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Oh my god, if Amell does the ANW course decked out in full Arrow gear... :allears: I'd probably lose my poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LorneReams posted:

Do they have the crazy cliff-hanger in the American version because that is some bullshit. Is the American version easier then Sasuke (I've only watched Sasuske)?

Yes. In fact last night's episode, which was the St. Louis finals, had it.

They use the same Mt. Midoriyama as Sasuke, though they build a copy in Vegas.

Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Show no fear. Show no emotion at all.

LorneReams posted:

The course looks hard as balls to me, but I'm a fat internet nerd. You can see Catanzaro's run here and judge for yourself.

Amell actually attempting this would be awesome.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LorneReams posted:

Any obstacle course without the redonkulous cliff-hangar is easier than Sasuke. It don't know if it's possible for an inanimate object to cheat but I'm 95% sure that the Ultimate Cliff-Hangar is cheating.

Amell should do the Sasuke course in costume. In Character. As Ollie. In the show. As in, Ollie should have to fight dudes while navigating the Sasuke course.

E: With help from Makoto Nagano. Not him playing a character, just the man himself.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 22, 2014

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

You mean the part about how new Amazons are born? I mean...you can't really remove that since it's a factor of the historical Amazon legacy or whatnot, can you?
"Historical." :crossarms:

We can change things from "history" so that Amazons survived to contemporary times on a magic island and sent their princess to fight Nazis and werecheetahs, but we can't change the absolute worst part of Brian Azzarello's run, which was a recent revision to the way they were depicted in DC Comics beforehand anyway?

If they can depict Thor without including the part where he's a dwarf-murdering rear end in a top hat, I think we can include Wonder Woman without the retcon where her people raped men for two thousand years and killed their own sons.

(Of course, knowing Snyder, that's gonna be the part he fixates on the most.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BrianWilly posted:

"Historical." :crossarms:

We can change things from "history" so that Amazons survived to contemporary times on a magic island and sent their princess to fight Nazis and werecheetahs, but we can't change the absolute worst part of Brian Azzarello's run, which was a recent revision to the way they were depicted in DC Comics beforehand anyway?

If they can depict Thor without including the part where he's a dwarf-murdering rear end in a top hat, I think we can include Wonder Woman without the retcon where her people raped men for two thousand years and killed their own sons.

(Of course, knowing Snyder, that's gonna be the part he fixates on the most.)

Is part of Azzarelo's narrative since WW is making changes to the amazons now that she's their queen. Taking it away would need to change the whole narrative.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is part of Azzarelo's narrative since WW is making changes to the amazons now that she's their queen. Taking it away would need to change the whole narrative.
Oh god I don't loving care.

edit: Okay, I know I'm talking to the biggest brick wall of a Nu52 white knighter here who has been hellbent on defending this and all their other offensive storylines for actual years by now, but in brief: Who cares if we need to change the narrative if our whole point was that the narrative was offensive and therefore bad in the first place? So Azzarello would've been forced to write a different story if he hadn't been allowed to make the Amazons rape monsters? Good!

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 22, 2014

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Rape? But I thought they were all born from clay! :(

We should have a WW claymation show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who cares, Wonder Woman is never going to be on TV again.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Yeah she will. She's gonna run the American Ninja Warrior course.

In She-Hulk's costume.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BrianWilly posted:

Oh god I don't loving care.

Ah good, then you can shut up.

Captain Mog posted:

Having a kick-rear end lesbian Wonder Woman show in the vein of "arrow" would be awesome, what are you talking about.

I don't disagree, but I think a lot of fans, both male and female, would be a bit peeved if they made WW a straight-up lesbian. Isn't it a negative stereotype that only lesbians (or "mannish women") are capable of doing "manly" things like beating up bad guys and the like, and "proper" straight girls are interested in playing house and poo poo? To say nothing of all the bondage.

Anyway, Azzarello's run on WW has been absolutely excellent and should be read by everyone who loves WW and wants to see her kick lots of rear end. It has all the Greek gods show up too and they all look sweet. It reads more like DC Magic stories than proper super hero nonsense--kind of a Constantine feel to some of it, and a lot of Clash of the Titans too.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Ah good, then you can shut up.
Ooooh so meeeaaan. :what:

I care about the state of Wonder Woman and of characters that were once held as foremost examples of empowered, admirable women in comics. I don't care about the litany of thin-rear end excuses that DC apologists continue to come up with to defend a series that -- despite whatever else it may have going for it -- is still layered in heavily-misogynist bilge.

In the meantime this is becoming less and less relevant to Arrow, though I'd be happy to continue derailing on whatever thread is more appropriate for it if there are any particular problematic things you want to add.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 22, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Krad posted:

Rape? But I thought they were all born from clay! :(

We should have a WW claymation show.

Wonder Woman and Gromit and the No Trousers.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

It could be Xena but less homoerotic.

Thanks for ruining my Lucy Lawless as Hippolyta dream casting, Agents of Shield.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A few more details surrounding Season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of The Flash.

quote:

What’s interesting about the villain in season three is that he doesn’t necessarily disagree with [Oliver]. He doesn’t have any personal animus towards the Arrow, and he actually in some ways has a very similar worldview. [But] the Arrow is thinking too small.

They're pretty much saying it'll be Ra's al Ghul, but is there anyone else who might think like him and Oliver?

Also, looks like they're really going to go all out for the big Arrow/Flash crossover and lead that into a mid-season finale. The more I hear about this the more hyped I get because it means that metahumans might start making their way into Arrow.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Scyantific posted:

A few more details surrounding Season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of The Flash.

They're pretty much saying it'll be Ra's al Ghul, but is there anyone else who might think like him and Oliver?

Batman. :can:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'd lose my poo poo. Casting Batman as the antagonist in a Green Arrow show would be gigantic golden balls. As soon as that got out, it would literally be must-watch TV and people would lose their loving minds.

It'll never happen, of course.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If that were the case then no one would watch for Arrow, just for Batman. I honestly hope they keep Superman and Batman away from the TV universe for a long while.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Warmachine posted:

I'd lose my poo poo. Casting Batman as the antagonist in a Green Arrow show would be gigantic golden balls. As soon as that got out, it would literally be must-watch TV and people would lose their loving minds.

It'll never happen, of course.

I could see that happening... with the Red Hood instead of Batman.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Scyantific posted:

If that were the case then no one would watch for Arrow, just for Batman. I honestly hope they keep Superman and Batman away from the TV universe for a long while.

BATMAN, YOU HAVE FAILED TO TURN UP IN THIS CITY!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Krad posted:

I could see that happening... with the Red Hood instead of Batman.

Don't play with my feelings :smith:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BrianWilly posted:

Ooooh so meeeaaan. :what:

Go back to Tumblr.

Scyantific posted:

I feel like this now, but I would honestly love to see Batman show up later in the show--for the final season, maybe, if they decide to ramp up a big event to lead into Justice League. Problem is, ain't no way you'll get Ben Affleck to cameo in a TV show without tanking the budget.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

I feel like this now, but I would honestly love to see Batman show up later in the show--for the final season, maybe, if they decide to ramp up a big event to lead into Justice League. Problem is, ain't no way you'll get Ben Affleck to cameo in a TV show without tanking the budget.

Why would they need to get Ben Affleck?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Scyantific posted:

The more I hear about this the more hyped I get because it means that metahumans might start making their way into Arrow.

Is the Atom likely to be purely a tech-based character, or internalize his powers as a metahuman? Either way, he's going to be a main character with decidedly non-street level powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Klungar posted:

Is the Atom likely to be purely a tech-based character, or internalize his powers as a metahuman? Either way, he's going to be a main character with decidedly non-street level powers.

If he's a business rival of Ollie as we've been presented, tech based. Actually, have any of the comics versions of Atom ever been a meta? I think it's been the belt for all of them.

• Locked thread