Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Chicago's defense is so slow

Holy gently caress Cato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Grim2k3 posted:

How 'bout now?

i hope so

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

porkface posted:

San Jose are the best team in the league, apparently.

yup I blame the world cup for being last in the west

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
Was Djaló on the turnover.

e: and then he did that

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Congrats on being utterly destroyed by the 2nd worst team in the league Chicago.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Watching the MUFC-LAG friendly. Looks familiar. If the Gals can refrain from giving up 4 more goals and losing a keeper permanently to concussion, good for them.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Was Taters posted:

Watching the MUFC-LAG friendly. Looks familiar. If the Gals can refrain from giving up 4 more goals and losing a keeper permanently to concussion, good for them.

it's a shame you're missing San Jose tie a five spot on Chicago

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
If the Fire going to play like this I fear for saturday.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

If the Fire going to play like this I fear for saturday.

literally no one should give a poo poo about a dumbass friendly.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

it's a shame you're missing San Jose tie a five spot on Chicago

I'm following that through Eel's happy convulsions in IRC.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Was Taters posted:

I'm following that through Eel's happy convulsions in IRC.

but you're missing Sean Johnson's angry convulsions because his defenders can't move faster than a jog

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Hello Towel posted:

I know but still there's some pride to play for. Hopefully the Fire will try to play and not get killed like they did tonight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I felt embarrassed for Chicago fans watching that game, and angry that they allowed SJ fans to be happy about something

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

I know but still there's some pride to play for

no there isnt

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Man, this was like the first game I didn't watch this season and it was the one in which the quakes finally remembered how to play. I am a curse, apparently.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Free Sean Johnson

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Just back from the Man U - LA Galaxy game. Feel bad for the Galaxy; it was basically a home game and their fans were easily outnumbered 10 to 1.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Just back from the Man U - LA Galaxy game. Feel bad for the Galaxy; it was basically a home game and their fans were easily outnumbered 10 to 1.

MLS fans aren't really interested in the friendlies, many stay home. Ideally our teams just don't have anyone get a career ending concussion out of it.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Free Sean Johnson

Please stay Sean :(

I'm sure he's gone the first chance he gets, though.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Hello Towel posted:

I'm sure he's gone the first chance he gets, though.

Can't be a national team keeper hopeful if you are getting shelled 5-1 on the reg.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I wouldn't say last night's game was "regular." And Hamid stuck around at DC during the bad times, and he's still in the national team picture.

But I still think Johnson will be moving on soon, unfortunately.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Hello Towel posted:

oooooo someone is cranky about the fact that their team is gonna get wrecked by the lilywhites

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Free Sean Johnson

Deal, you can leave him on Providence Park's doorstep after the ASG.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Bewildrbeast posted:

oooooo someone is cranky about the fact that their team is gonna get wrecked by the lilywhites

i dunno he is definitely right that these friendlies are dumb and no one should care

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

i dunno he is definitely right that these friendlies are dumb and no one should care

why do you hate fun?

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Bewildrbeast posted:

why do you hate fun?

there is a guy i know who won't support his local team but is so hyped to spend 150 dollars to see arsenal play ny and i just want to slap him

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

there is a guy i know who won't support his local team but is so hyped to spend 150 dollars to see arsenal play ny and i just want to slap him

gently caress that. Support the team you enjoy watching. Is he supposed to owe his allegiance to someone based on his current geography?

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

yeah the only legitimate reason to support any team is geography

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

I'd want to slap a gunner too.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

yeah the only legitimate reason to support any team is geography

But that's the easy way! Teams you can actually see, what's the challenge in that.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Does it count if you live in the market, but can't watch the game because your cable company doesn't carry the channel the game is on? Because I like the Dynamo, and they're on CSN Houston, which less than half of Houston gets, and barely anyone outside of Houston gets.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

You don't need to make excuses for not supporting Houston. Few people here would hold that against you.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CaptainYesterday posted:

Does it count if you live in the market, but can't watch the game because your cable company doesn't carry the channel the game is on? Because I like the Dynamo, and they're on CSN Houston, which less than half of Houston gets, and barely anyone outside of Houston gets.

Yeah, if your local club tells you they don't want you...

No one's saying that you have to support the team you don't even have to day-trip for - though it does simplify things - but it's strange when people grow up in an MLS town when MLS was already a thing and they still live there and go to their local game dressed as the other team.

I'm gonna be bitter about this for a while.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

i hope no montreal players kill themselves tonight

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Oh hey, Montreal did something not-incompetent.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Camara is really good tonight.

e: also this is surprisingly watchable for an Impact game

JayMax fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 25, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Guy who I have to keep reminding myself is not Jon Busch just game up HUGE there.

edit: Straight red for Montreal (studs up tackle), they're hosed now.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 25, 2014

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
ouelp

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Subway Sub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009