Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote bigup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
one day I'll be good at scum

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

##vote bigupdj

Didn't realize it was deadline night. Actually went out tonight, spent time meeting new people. I HAVE PROOF OF THIS!

Also not sure if he's hammered or not.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bigup DJ posted:

one day I'll be good at scum

And with that!

:redhammer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCSSuxvluwk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BigupDJ, Frank Hardy, Mafia Aligned roleblocker, was killed D1

It is now N1

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

Bigup DJ (8): Bigup DJ, mr.capps, JakeP, Bigup DJ, DGK2000, Juanito, Juanito, CapitalistPig, Poison Mushroom, Poque, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Poque, Poque, merk, Pander
merk (2): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Meinberg, Poison Mushroom, Juanito, Juanito, Juanito, Poque, Poison Mushroom, Poque
Grandicap (1): Bigup DJ
Poison Mushroom (1): Grandicap, Poque, Poque
Juanito (0): merk, CapitalistPig, Pander, Pander, CapitalistPig, merk
CapitalistPig (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Pander (0): Poque, Poque
Poque (0): JakeP, JakeP

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 23rd, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meinberg posted:

I'm not going to vote for Bigup DJ. I see him to be more likely to be bad town than scum.

Please, tell us more about how misunderstood poor big up is.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Bigup DJ (8): Bigup DJ, mr.capps, JakeP, Bigup DJ, DGK2000, Juanito, Juanito, CapitalistPig, Poison Mushroom, Poque, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Poque, Poque, merk, Pander
merk (2): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Meinberg, Poison Mushroom, Juanito, Juanito, Juanito, Poque, Poison Mushroom, Poque
Grandicap (1): Bigup DJ
Poison Mushroom (1): Grandicap, Poque, Poque
Juanito (0): merk, CapitalistPig, Pander, Pander, CapitalistPig, merk
CapitalistPig (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Pander (0): Poque, Poque
Poque (0): JakeP, JakeP

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 23rd, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Please, tell us more about how misunderstood poor big up is.
Wrong =/= scum, Pig, you know this.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

##vote bigupdj

Didn't realize it was deadline night. Actually went out tonight, spent time meeting new people. I HAVE PROOF OF THIS!

Also not sure if he's hammered or not.

Prove it!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Poque and meinberg are the two I dislike the most. Poque's case on me feels like bullshit. Yes, I was pushing juanito while unsure if he was scum. Pushing someone is how you can really tell if they're scum, gauge their reaction. Juan's reaction was pretty legit, so I backed off him. Casework and evidence against him doesn't mean he's scum.

Meinberg's main motivation today was pushing merk/juanito as the only vote possibility for the day, and he strongly resisted a bigup vote despite no reason better than bigup might be a dumb town. He wasn't really reading bigup, he was just pushing the narrative he hoped people would accept.

Meinberg posted:

He went from an early joke phase persona to something more serious
See that looks like something bigup would have complained about to meinberg in PMs rather than something meinberg would have concluded himself.

I think juanito and merk are both town, largely because that's what bigup was pushing. He knew it was town and couldn't really articulate any fabricated reason to vote either person. So he cases both of them as town, tried to be the voice of reason.

Grandicap would be a good target for bigup to try to distance from. He's the only person bigup pushes, and bigup pushes him with almost no case at all. Bigup clearly wasn't very good scum, so some awkward distancing may be par for the course.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Speaking as someone who now realizes he should have probably not been so goofy, I rescind that offer until a more proper time arises. Cause...shut up?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Wrong =/= scum, Pig, you know this.

I fail to see where I said meinberg was scum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I do feel fairly chagrined at Bigup DJ's flip. I wanted to believe that he was just being silly and/or dumb, but no, he is not. He's just scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im only slightly chagrinned, maybe even not very

I'd be more sure if I knew what chagrinned meant

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I feel 0% chagrined because he was scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yeah i guess im the same

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I feel 0% chagrined because he was scum

My chagrin is internally focused, at my inability to see the signs. Whatever, tomorrow will be a brand new day.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
thats the worst kind of chagrin

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Meinberg posted:

I do feel fairly chagrined at Bigup DJ's flip. I wanted to believe that he was just being silly and/or dumb, but no, he is not. He's just scum.
Do remember that in Zodiac Mafia, he let the scum turbolynch at LyLo. (That game was an amazing display of my terrible lies constantly getting covered for by absurd random chance and anyone who hasn't read it really should. :allears:)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bigup DJ posted:

##vote grandicap grandicap's only posts are white noise advice on how to use votefinder, and a lovely case on poison mushroom. grandicap is the scummiest guy in the game right now.

Bigup DJ posted:

look me in the eye and tell me I'm a better lynch than Grandicap.

Grandicap is probably Bigup DJ's scum buddy. This Grandicap line of stuff comes out of nowhere after Bigup says that he thinks capps is scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i agree with merk wrt Grandicap + Bigup

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's the worst kind of case because Grandicap can't defend against what a flipped scum said about him. The issue is that Grandicap hasn't done anything townie that might sway me the other way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

As successful as that last-minute change in lynch candidates was, I don't like the idea of using it to push a bandwagon without any further discussion of any other possibilities. We still have 12 players left (11, most likely, once morning comes around), but until we see who the kill is, there isn't really much we can do but twiddle our thumbs and look at BigUp's words, is there?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

As successful as that last-minute change in lynch candidates was, I don't like the idea of using it to push a bandwagon without any further discussion of any other possibilities. We still have 12 players left (11, most likely, once morning comes around), but until we see who the kill is, there isn't really much we can do but twiddle our thumbs and look at BigUp's words, is there?

No, we can still talk about who we think is scum. This could be your last chance to get your thoughts out before you die!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grandicap posted:

I find the merk wagon suspect (is it a wagon if it is only 2 people + CPig who since bailed on it). I think it is way more likely that scum are jumping on a perceived opportunity to get a strong player lynched d1.

This is scummy too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, we can still talk about who we think is scum. This could be your last chance to get your thoughts out before you die!
I'm not too worried, personally. v:v:v But, point taken. Lemme get some thoughts out.

Poque's cases have been very "me-too". Mine, merk's, and BigUp's. His case on Pander was more outside the norm. I don't believe it, but I see where it's coming from. But two posts about one decent case doesn't make up for everything else.

CapitalistPig, I really, really don't want to think he's scum because he had a dayvig (and that's an insane power to give a scum), but there's definitely a gut ping there. But I don't know his meta well enough to say whether or not I think his flippant behavior is townie, or just how he is.

DGK2000 would ping lurkerscum, but recovering from a concussion trumps playing internet forum party games.

JakeP and Hal Incandenza have no such excuse. JakeP gets it worse for almost entirely contributing with just "I agree with ____", but popping in to drop a vote on BigUp (distancing?). Other than that, he's been in perpetual jokephase, and it feels very artificial.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I don't think Jake's scum. He joined on Bigup just after Capps did. It's a big step toward making momentum shift to him instead of merk/juanito. Feels too early for scum bussing.

Poque's looks like the belated bus. Goes for Merk to swing momentum, then jumps off after Poison puts a nail in the coffin when bigup gives an incredibly convenient super-scum post.

Meinberg's position on bigup is absolutely baffling because even if meinberg isn't scum trying to save bigup, he has to know there's no shot bigup is long for the world. The best case for him would have been if neither merk nor I showed up, but even then it's a no-lynch that he looks super-scummy for regardless of bigup's flip. Meinberg: What specific posts did you see as silly? Or dumb? Those are nice generalistic terms to throw out, but he was all-but scumclaiming with some posts ("I called you town!") and professing earnestness in his reads that belie arguments that he was joking around.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

This is scummy too.

Look at the time the case was made.

Super early day 1, it was good reasoning at the time. Merk you are a known strong player and if scum can neutralize you early via lynch it is a good thing. I posited they jumped on your early aggression to this end.

If I had followed up and not dropped off of the face of the earth it could have been explored and looked at further. But instead work happened and I did not.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grandicap posted:

Look at the time the case was made.

Super early day 1, it was good reasoning at the time. Merk you are a known strong player and if scum can neutralize you early via lynch it is a good thing. I posited they jumped on your early aggression to this end.

If I had followed up and not dropped off of the face of the earth it could have been explored and looked at further. But instead work happened and I did not.

So who, in those couple of votes on me at the time, is scum? You waved your hand over everyone voting me without analyzing any individual vote.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

So who, in those couple of votes on me at the time, is scum? You waved your hand over everyone voting me without analyzing any individual vote.

At the time I thought it was PM, which is why I voted. IT could still be PM but I think it is way less likely now than then due to posts like this:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Sorry I haven't been super-attentive, been doing a lot of phoneposting the last couple days because my modem was being a poo poo. Now that I'm not typing with a lovely touch keyboard, let me elaborate on my feelings in more detail, if only to get a bit of information out there before I'm lynched D1/D2 again.

Juanito: Juanito is taking merk's case and voting of him very personally, and this post continues the trend of raising the same red flags as well. This all despite that he's only at -4, more than a day from deadline. I don't like how he bent over backwards to constantly remind us that his ":siren: mason partner :siren:" went killing. Maybe I'd believe it if he'd said something like "confirmed mason partner", but just being masons is absolutely nothing of note in this game. Together, it all stinks of false outrage, pretending to be upset about this horrible unfair behavior he's been getting, while actually contributing nothing but an OMGUS.

Would vote.

merk: While Juanito is being hyper-defensive, merk is being hyper-aggressive. Or rather, that was the read I was getting when I was posting from my phone last night. On a re-read, I still feel he's being quite aggressive, but my conviction is less absolute now. It's not enough to make me unvote him, but it's enough to make me question if he's the only one playing into this.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm getting a feeling like this "slap fight", as I called it, is entirely artificial distancing between two scumbros. Just because Juanito's mason is a CPigDVig (which I'm still 90% sure makes him town), that doesn't mean he couldn't also coordinate through the good old-fashioned scumdoc.

Smaller thoughts: I'm liking Pander's hunting so far, Poque's case has been very "me too", and I'm not sure I buy BigUp's "look how wacky and non-serious I am!" act.
and

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm not too worried, personally. v:v:v But, point taken. Lemme get some thoughts out.

Poque's cases have been very "me-too". Mine, merk's, and BigUp's. His case on Pander was more outside the norm. I don't believe it, but I see where it's coming from. But two posts about one decent case doesn't make up for everything else.

CapitalistPig, I really, really don't want to think he's scum because he had a dayvig (and that's an insane power to give a scum), but there's definitely a gut ping there. But I don't know his meta well enough to say whether or not I think his flippant behavior is townie, or just how he is.

DGK2000 would ping lurkerscum, but recovering from a concussion trumps playing internet forum party games.

JakeP and Hal Incandenza have no such excuse. JakeP gets it worse for almost entirely contributing with just "I agree with ____", but popping in to drop a vote on BigUp (distancing?). Other than that, he's been in perpetual jokephase, and it feels very artificial.

Compare this to BigUp's everyone but no content posters are town posts.

However, her interactions with Bigup are odd. Cotes, but unvotes before revoting. Under the guise of stopping the lynch train close to deadline, but could have easily been to derail it.

And the throwaway mention of him in the first post I quoted. All of his Bigup centric content is scummy actually. He doesn't vote Bigup until the worst case in the world materializes.

Actually even with the effort posts she is making, I still think PM is scum based on interaction with Bigup.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm feeling largely better, so expect more out of me. For instance:

mr.capps posted:

bigup seems scum here, all these posts are weird as gently caress and wishy washy

##vote bigup

Aside from this one post, Capps has been shitposting this whole game. It seems largely to avoid putting down opinions on anyone at all, and almost the exact opposite of bigup.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
CPig: Reads pretty town. I can understand motive for shooting Peta. The rest of his posting I find pretty funny.
GCap: I don't like his explaining poo poo to Merk, it seems like just an opportunity to put poo poo into a post for content. May be more active?
Hal: Well, this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

What if you didn't have to choose and we could lynch both?
is strange to me. Also

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also seems strange. Not exactly scummy, but not sold on being town either.

JakeP: Seems like his VT game to me, pretty town.
Meinberg: Looks like the Meinberg I've seen. I feel good that he's probably town.
Capps: Already mentioned him, scummy to me.
Pander: I have a hard time reading Pander every game we're in. Not sure either way yet.
Shroom: I like shroom as town right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poison Mushroom posted:

This is my townie flippant behavior not my scum flippant behavior.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how am i scum i am hero who help kill bigup dj the villian

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*flexes*

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

mr.capps posted:

how am i scum i am hero who help kill bigup dj the villian

This. Capps, Jake, and PM all look pretty towny based on D1 votes and options at hand.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk, Sherlock Holmes, Town Aligned Vanilla, was killed N1

It is now D2

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (11): CapitalistPig, DGK2000, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, JakeP, Juanito, Meinberg, mr.capps, Pander, Poison Mushroom, Poque

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 26th, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

That is a... confusing night kill.

• Locked thread