Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, there's definitely demand for Death Cargo. Mostly from people who paid money for it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Strap yourselves in!

hahahahah. loving hysterical. What a bunch of apes.

How many characters were in the first one? Three?

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

UNIEL is up for download on the Japanese PSN now.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Strap yourselves in!

lol

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Uniel feels so silky smooth... now to figure out how to fight the Gordeau army.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Seems that this has already been mentioned in the Pro FG thread. So I'll spare some minds and remove this.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 24, 2014

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im not sure if i can feel bad for something thats almost certainly self inflicted from not taking care of oneself

also thats more lets watch pro fg thing because who gives a poo poo about marn is sick in here

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

im not sure if i can feel bad for something thats almost certainly self inflicted from not taking care of oneself

also thats more lets watch pro fg thing because who gives a poo poo about marn is sick in here

Yeah, you're right -- I'd actually forgotten that thread existed. I have no admiration for the guy (it popped up on my Facebook feed) but I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Edit: Seems it's already been mentioned there. Oh well!

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 24, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That's a helluva gross leg, wow.

Anyway, back to UNIEL, even though I am most interested in Hilda, I have messed around with a couple other characters so far just to feel things out. One of those characters is Byakuya, since he's all new and fresh and has traps going on kinda like Testament. There's not much out there for him at the moment, but I pieced together a BnB combo component that seems to work with most starters and gives good damage:

(starter) XX 236A XX 214A~A~B (whiff j.A), 2C XX 236A 236A 236A (XX 236C for damage or 623C for time to set up traps or something)

The only tricky part to this is chaining the ~B knockdown move from his trap jump into a whiffed j.A, but that's just a matter of not rushing it and trying to cancel the B before it connects. Byakuya can do this off a bunch of starters I've tried thusfar, including 5A 5B 2C 5C, Assault (6D) into Charged j.2C 5C, Dash B, Dash C, etc. Off the 5A starter it does 2646, 3186 with the 236C EX move ender.

This particular end sequence does more damage than other combos I've seen in the still limited amounts of Byakuya info out there. The one issue with it, though, is that it does cross over the opponent midway, so if you want to push them toward the corner, you have to either end the combo in 623C to switch sides again or just do a different combo entirely. There's a high chance this isn't optimal yet, as it doesn't do any jump cancel stuff, so hopefully someone smarter than I am will get some really good stuff up for him soon.

Edit:
5A 5B 2C 5C jc j.B j.A j.C, 5C XX 236A XX 214A~A~B (whiff j.A), 2C XX Rekkas [2791 / 3331 with 236C at end]
Dash B XX 236A XX 214A~A~B (whiff j.A, 2C 5C jc j.B j.A j.C, 2C XX Rekkas [2874 / 3414 with 236C at end]
Assault (6D) into Charged j.2C, 5C jc j.B j.A j.C, 2C XX 236A XX 214A~A~B XX (whiff j.A), 2C XX Rekkas [2500 / 3040 with 236C at end]

Worked the jump cancel in for more damage. There's different patterns there now but that's just the way these things go. The hard part is probably slightly delaying the start of the air chain so that it ends as Byakuya is close to the ground.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 24, 2014

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I loving broke my thumb and probably can't play unib the world is poo poo

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Which one? Shouldn't be too hard to play on stick without either one, or are you a pad player?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Which one? Shouldn't be too hard to play on stick without either one, or are you a pad player?

Left, but it's more about agitation and movement. Would rather it heal correctly so I can have a functioning thumb

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
This game is so anime it won't let you play it even if you want to

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

This game is so anime it won't let you play it even if you want to
dude anime owns

Ryzen
Apr 7, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Which one? Shouldn't be too hard to play on stick without either one, or are you a bad player?

i read it this way and think it's more fitting for interro

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I've had my Hori SCV stick for two years and it's gotten a decent amount of use in that time. Not everyday, but close to it. I know Sanwa parts are supposed to last a long time, but I think my stick is wearing down a little.

I've actually gotten to the point where I've reduced my movements and don't need to ride the gate...but now it feels like I have to push the stick to the gate or my moves won't come out. It's most noticeable in Ultra. I had the "DP, FADC, U1/2" movement (usually QCFx2 + 3P/3K for the chars I use) pretty well burned into my muscle memory, but now I'm only hitting it 50% of the time.

I'm more than willing to admit my execution could have backslided, but I really think the stick is getting worn. Is two years a reasonable time for a Sanwa to start showing wear? I'd really rather not deal with trying to replace the stick, but I guess I should learn to do it sometime.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
UNIEL Orie notes, generously given to me by Stunedge.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s408/sh/94aa7e98-65da-4c25-9d27-d4af249eaba2/58c1f0f08b512fb7777a76c0270dba9f

So... much... to learn. I also enjoy the "When the B button is broken" troll combos at the very bottom.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone ever download and decrypt a fully non corrupted version of death cargo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Static Rook posted:

I've had my Hori SCV stick for two years and it's gotten a decent amount of use in that time. Not everyday, but close to it. I know Sanwa parts are supposed to last a long time, but I think my stick is wearing down a little.

I've actually gotten to the point where I've reduced my movements and don't need to ride the gate...but now it feels like I have to push the stick to the gate or my moves won't come out. It's most noticeable in Ultra. I had the "DP, FADC, U1/2" movement (usually QCFx2 + 3P/3K for the chars I use) pretty well burned into my muscle memory, but now I'm only hitting it 50% of the time.

I'm more than willing to admit my execution could have backslided, but I really think the stick is getting worn. Is two years a reasonable time for a Sanwa to start showing wear? I'd really rather not deal with trying to replace the stick, but I guess I should learn to do it sometime.

Replacing a stick is insanely easy, but you may be able to just get away with just replacing the PCB, which is also easy as hell. It's a JLF-TP-8YT-SK, which Focus-Attack sells for 24 bucks here. All you do is unscrew the old joystick, swap the harness onto the new stick, screw it in, and screw on a balltop or bat top.

If you want to just do the PCB, which is here, it's only going to be $12.75.

It could certainly happen in two years, depending on how much you use it. Replacing this stuff is insanely easy though, nothing like soldering or anything- just some screws and a plug.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Replacing a stick is insanely easy, but you may be able to just get away with just replacing the PCB, which is also easy as hell. It's a JLF-TP-8YT-SK, which Focus-Attack sells for 24 bucks here. All you do is unscrew the old joystick, swap the harness onto the new stick, screw it in, and screw on a balltop or bat top.

If you want to just do the PCB, which is here, it's only going to be $12.75.

It could certainly happen in two years, depending on how much you use it. Replacing this stuff is insanely easy though, nothing like soldering or anything- just some screws and a plug.

Alternatively, it may be fixable by re-lubricating the actuator and where it sits. That lube goes for $25 on FA though :(

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Static Rook posted:

Test it in training mode. Do the motion and if it doesn't come out, check what the problem with the inputs is. Then test the switches by activating them as lightly as possible and letting off as lightly as possible, making sure they don't deactivate the entire time they're clicked in. It's also possible the grease has worn off and there's extra friction, making it feel like you have to use more effort to activate the switches.

You can pretty much fix any problem with a stick for $15. New switches and a new spring and some fresh lube (silicone grease is preferred) and you're good to go.

The silicone grease on FocusAttack is way overpriced because it's imported from Japan and is the "official" grease that Sanwa uses and you can find much larger quantities at a hardware store for a fraction of the price.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ryzen posted:

i read it this way and think it's more fitting for interro

play me st (after my thumb heals)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Test it in training mode. Do the motion and if it doesn't come out, check what the problem with the inputs is. Then test the switches by activating them as lightly as possible and letting off as lightly as possible, making sure they don't deactivate the entire time they're clicked in. It's also possible the grease has worn off and there's extra friction, making it feel like you have to use more effort to activate the switches.

You can pretty much fix any problem with a stick for $15. New switches and a new spring and some fresh lube (silicone grease is preferred) and you're good to go.

Realtalk I love the oversize actuator and 2lb spring from focus attack, I really need to order another one of each for my TE stick.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to use my stick woes as an excuse to order one of those new Crown 303-FK sticks. I've been wanting to try out a Korean style stick for a while since I play Tekken as well. The stick + pin converter thing + shipping from FA is like $30 so that's not bad at all.

Are there any beginner guides for stick fixing/modding that people in here would recommend? There's plenty to choose from just from a quick Google search. I don't want to clutter the thread with my Arcade Stick 101 questions.

Except for this one: It looks like the screws on the top of the Hori SCV stick are Torx screws? Will I be able to walk into my local Ace hardware and pick up a torx screwdriver or should I just use Amazon?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Some company called Kiss Ltd, who is a publisher for PC games, said this:

quote:

Stand by for some big news from Kiss, all you Guilty Gear fans......

Could be an Xrd port?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Some company called Kiss Ltd, who is a publisher for PC games, said this:

Could be an Xrd port?

Nah, the western console ports will come with an exclusive version of the soundtrack, recorded entirely by Kiss. Gonna be great.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Finally, the PC ports of Judgment and Overture we've all been waiting for.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

HMS Boromir posted:

Finally, the PC ports of Judgment and Overture we've all been waiting for.

maybe it's a Steam release of #R with the netcode taken out

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Dust Strikers on Steam.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Pretty obvious what it's going to be.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
You know, I wouldn't be completely disappointed if it were Guilty Gear 2 and not a fighting game at all.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKJ2imcEp5c

ASW, please add a camera editor option for saved replays, tia.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Question Mark Mound posted:

Dust Strikers on Steam.

Because Dust Strikers is the fighting game we deserve, not the fighting game we need

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

S-Alpha posted:

wheres my first person view

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

S-Alpha posted:

Gotta say, a 2D fighting game with 360 degree stages is really fuckin' cool.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Disappointed that the side we never see isnt the inside of a TV studio.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

S-Alpha posted:

wow, that's really neat. if you weren't aware, in the arcade version, the side the player sees from actually isnt complete, you can see complete blackness during the quick swivels (very briefly mind you). however, in this video they actually filled that area out. wonder if its just for that video.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

S-Alpha posted:

You missed the really interesting implication of that video, which is that the second part of 4gamer's making of Xrd article is up!
http://www.4gamer.net/games/216/G021678/20140714079/

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
If someone's still looking to share UNIB I'm interested!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/26/sdcc-2014-new-marvel-fighting-game-announced

lmao they probably pulled marel 3 for this

• Locked thread