Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Twilight powers???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
How about we just stop misgendering people entirely, hm?

ThirdEmperor, Noble-aligned Sheriff (Jailer) has been killed!

Reports indicate that the hapless dwarf was hanged until dead!

Night 1 begins now! The thread will reopen at 9 PM, EST on Thursday, September 24th. Or earlier, if I receive all relevant action PMS before then.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

ThirdEmperor (12): The Science of Suck, mr.capps, Kumbamontu, The Science of Suck, mr.capps, Rascyc, mr.capps, Dr. Hurt, mr.capps, CapitalistPig, mr.capps, Somberbrero, Grandicap, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt, Philip J. Fry, Juanito, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, The Science of Suck, Jefepato, Anonymous
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (4): Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, Philip J. Fry, CapitalistPig, ThirdEmperor, Big Nothing, The Science of Suck, Philip J. Fry, Jefepato, yuming, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, The Science of Suck, Jefepato
The Science of Suck (2): ThirdEmperor, Opopanax, Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt, tearshed, ThirdEmperor
Lynch No One! (1): Rascyc, Rascyc, Tremendous Taste
Philip J. Fry (1): ThirdEmperor, Somberbrero, mr.capps, apostateCourier, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, CapitalistPig, ThirdEmperor, The Science of Suck, mr.capps, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): yuming, Rascyc, Rascyc, yuming, The Science of Suck, The Science of Suck, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Somberbrero (0): mr.capps, mr.capps
Hal Incandenza (0): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Philip J. Fry, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Philip J. Fry
Dr. Hurt (0): Big Nothing, Somberbrero, Big Nothing, Somberbrero
Tremendous Taste (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Grandicap (0): Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu
Rascyc (0): Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt
apostateCourier (0): yuming, yuming
yuming (0): Philip J. Fry, The Science of Suck, Philip J. Fry, The Science of Suck
Opopanax (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Dr. Hurt, Dr. Hurt
tearshed (0): The Science of Suck, mr.capps, mr.capps, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, The Science of Suck
chaoslord (0): Philip J. Fry, Philip J. Fry

Not Voting (1): chaoslord

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 23rd, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

--------------------------------
Anonymous = The Hammerer

CapitalistPig is Hated until the end of D1!

The Science of Suck is permanently Hated!

:siren: 45 minute warning! :siren:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A body has been found! If you can even call it a body any more.

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, ??? (???) has been killed!

Reports indicate that the hapless dwarf was drained of all its blood!

Day 2 begins now! The deadline is Monday, July 28th, at 10:00 PM, EST!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey Capps did you dracula that guy?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMs on night actions are still going out, sorry.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (19): apostateCourier, Big Nothing, CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Dr. Hurt, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jefepato, Juanito, Kumbamontu, mr.capps, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, Rascyc, Somberbrero, tearshed, The Science of Suck, Tremendous Taste, yuming

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 28th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 days.

--------------------------------
Anonymous = The Hammerer

The Science of Suck is permanently Hated!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote capps

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Oh great, it's one of those ?????? games

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Goddang vampires, I tell you what.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i put together a huge post on meds

i made a gif

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I stand by my choice of team Jacob

Also I will be on a plane tomorrow and at a wedding on Sunday

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

i put together a huge post on meds

i made a gif

So...Are you saying you killed him?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh all the dwarf fortress related things to joke about, i had to choose that one

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

mr.capps posted:

oh all the dwarf fortress related things to joke about, i had to choose that one

Are you a dracula y/n?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

Are you a dracula y/n?

n

do we think dracula was actually just a janitor hence the only night kill, making all the bad guys things like draculas, dragons, forgotten beasts and stuff like that?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what if dracula is a third party who as long as they live there is no flip

that would be horrible WHY DID YOU COME UP WITH SUCH A TERRIBLE ROLE POISON MUSHROOM

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am busy but I just wanted to pop in and gloat that I was right about 3E. Okay thanks have a great night.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

mr.capps posted:

what if dracula is a third party who as long as they live there is no flip

that would be horrible WHY DID YOU COME UP WITH SUCH A TERRIBLE ROLE POISON MUSHROOM
I think a role that janitors flips is the 'bastard role'. But not as complicated as you laid out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ohh what if they have to guess who the night kill is, it becomes a janitor flip, and that is how they drink blood

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
wow capps you are a very helpful.. vampire.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its probably actually a janitor and they decided to use it immediately because i mention the vampire thing :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

tearshed posted:

I think a role that janitors flips is the 'bastard role'. But not as complicated as you laid out.
it's only bastard if janitor shows the flip only to the scum team, otherwise standard janitor is pretty vanilla

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Dr. Hurt posted:

I am busy but I just wanted to pop in and gloat that I was right about 3E. Okay thanks have a great night.
we were half-right, noble and all

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I glanced at Dr. Hurt's post history because I was curious about "how right" he was. And he threw his vote all over, before going back to 3E.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait wasn't hurt one of those kill the noble people or am i getting confused

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
He was also joking most of the day, note the constant dwarf fortress theme

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ok it looks like he wasn't I was confused

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyway

##vote Jefepato

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Anyway

##vote Jefepato

Why

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
Odd. Can't remember you even bringing me up until now. Of course, a couple others did but there wasn't much reasoning besides "not active enough." Perhaps you'd care to elaborate?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jefepato posted:

The nobles might all be individually aligned (some town, some third party, some scum maybe) rather than an entire faction unto themselves; in fact it seems more likely because SoS's day 1 nobleclaim would make little sense if they were a hidden faction all aligned together (unless something really odd is going on with their win condition, or SoS is actually very stupid).

On SoS: I wouldn't be against lynching a noble, but we may not learn much from an SoS lynch right now. I do kinda wish I knew if the CPig condemnation was for an actual reason though. (If someone is an unusual third party or whatever, does the flip include any kind of explanation usually?)

If MEDS is saying what I think they're saying -- and if it's actually true -- I don't really want to lynch them yet, but they're acting pretty drat weird and also I have no idea how to react to someone asserting "half of a gambit." I mean come on.

The case against 3E seems awfully weak to me honestly. I mean, was there even anything to it besides a shaky-sounding reading of BN as town?

I don't understand why being slow to contribute is suspicious in someone who's still getting used to this game, but unfortunately the horrible jerks pointing fingers at me seem at least plausibly town so far.

Long story short, I'm not buying what MEDS is selling and I don't have a better idea on anyone else.

##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

probably has something to do with this post

Jefepato posted:

Ugh, fine. I'll gamble on me being a bad judge of character then, because that's usually not a bad bet.

##unvote
##vote ThirdEmperor

and this one

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah Jefepato is scum. Can someone explain the AC and Hal stuff to me?

i want to slay Capps but my spirit is gone since Meds died before I could kill him. I just don't have it in me right now.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

:ghost:

It is Terrifying

:ghost:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah Jefepato is scum. Can someone explain the AC and Hal stuff to me?

i want to slay Capps but my spirit is gone since Meds died before I could kill him. I just don't have it in me right now.

I think it's mostly due to my inactivity. I fell down some stairs yesterday, and immediately fell down another set, which hampered my ability to post somewhat. As for Hal I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet and won't until the morning so I can't give you my take just now.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

apostateCourier posted:

I think it's mostly due to my inactivity. I fell down some stairs yesterday, and immediately fell down another set, which hampered my ability to post somewhat. As for Hal I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet and won't until the morning so I can't give you my take just now.
Well there's a new inactivity excuse I hadn't heard before

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

probably has something to do with this post

and this one

Jefe is scum but he isn't wrong. The reason 3e got lynched was only because you and Ras were the loudest voices. There was very little actual reasoning. I don't like Rascyc's vote either in retrospect because if he was voting 3e for 'fake anger/reasoning' i do not understand why he wouldn't switch to Meds, who exhibited both of those qualities way more than 3e ever did. Meds easily could have happened. Ras said he was willing to switch but he was playing hardball come deadline.

Also I'm assuming at least one kill got blocked because I refuse to believe that there aren't at least two killing roles in a 21 player game. I am sure Meds was scum, zero doubt.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
Wow. I guess the newbie makes an easy target.

As for Hal, I don't think there was ever a real case against him, unless MEDS had an actual reason for the immediate "joke" vote. But we didn't have a Night zero, right?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

apostateCourier posted:

If we were voting people for inactivity there would be several people in front of you in line. Feel better dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

Jefe is scum but he isn't wrong. The reason 3e got lynched was only because you and Ras were the loudest voices. There was very little actual reasoning. I don't like Rascyc's vote either in retrospect because if he was voting 3e for 'fake anger/reasoning' i do not understand why he wouldn't switch to Meds, who exhibited both of those qualities way more than 3e ever did. Meds easily could have happened. Ras said he was willing to switch but he was playing hardball come deadline.

Also I'm assuming at least one kill got blocked because I refuse to believe that there aren't at least two killing roles in a 21 player game. I am sure Meds was scum, zero doubt.

its more the tone of that post and where it came from and the context that would make it seem scummy, not what he actually argued

• Locked thread