Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Bondematt posted:

So what is the worst truck line? Is it Iveco? I want to suffer.

Iveco has the worst stock truck. The Renault Premium is the worst fully upgraded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Thanks, ended up going with the base Iveco on the multiplayer mod. If 1300nm is this bad, I can only imagine 1000.

Hilarious watching dudes have to swerve to avoid my slow rear end as I crawl up minor inclines. Even had a few wreck on hairpin turns just after passing me, well it's a hairpin at 100kph+. Even enemy drivers in single tended to at least stay on the road.

Anyone know how well mods play with ETS2MP? Their FAQ is poo poo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bondematt posted:

Thanks, ended up going with the base Iveco on the multiplayer mod. If 1300nm is this bad, I can only imagine 1000.

Hilarious watching dudes have to swerve to avoid my slow rear end as I crawl up minor inclines. Even had a few wreck on hairpin turns just after passing me, well it's a hairpin at 100kph+. Even enemy drivers in single tended to at least stay on the road.

Anyone know how well mods play with ETS2MP? Their FAQ is poo poo.

Im pretty sure ETS2MP doesnt work with mods, as it would be a nightmare to get everything synced up.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I decided to try out the ETS2MP mod, but I'm a bit leery of the fact I have to give them access to my Steam account just to download the mod.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
You're not actually giving them your Steam account, it authenticates through Steam Community and then passes the authentication along. Just Cause 2 MP did the same thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

PureRok posted:

I decided to try out the ETS2MP mod, but I'm a bit leery of the fact I have to give them access to my Steam account just to download the mod.

xergm posted:

You're not actually giving them your Steam account, it authenticates through Steam Community and then passes the authentication along. Just Cause 2 MP did the same thing.

Think of it as logging into something via Facebook.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Kibayasu posted:

Think of it as logging into something via Facebook.

Don't have a Facebook account so I don't know what that's like.

I tried the game out on the Euro server since it had 10x the amount of players. Almost failed my first delivery because some guy lagged into me and threw me 2-3 miles. Maybe I'll try the US server.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Apple Craft posted:

Why do some youtube videos not have the fullscreen icon available unless you go to youtube to watch it? Is it some sort of inconvenience trick to make people want to go to the page for likes or views or something? Or is it just a random thing youtube does?

I have my PC connected to my TV in my living room and it's annoying not to watch in fullscreen.

Its an issue with how SA embeds the video and the Youtube HTML5 player. I pointed it out to the staff, but it doesn't seem to be a priority.

Disable Youtube HTML5 on that browser (its a local cookie'd setting) and you should have the button you desire.

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.

PureRok posted:

I tried the game out on the Euro server since it had 10x the amount of players. Almost failed my first delivery because some guy lagged into me and threw me 2-3 miles. Maybe I'll try the US server.

It's pretty much like this on the US server too.

If failing deliveries for this reason is something that annoys you, then you should steer clear of Europoort and pretty much the whole of the UK.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Fantasy paint jobs dropped on Steam today, normal price is the same as the other non-nationalistic pain jobs, but until the 27th (Sunday) it's 80% off (only $0.40) http://store.steampowered.com/app/304210

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

meecrob posted:

I made a few mods and threw them upon the SCS mod\other forums and thought I would share here.

Engine Overhaul and Balance Mod v2[1.10+] balances engines between trucks at the same levels (unlocks every 2 to 4 levels) and gives 11 new engines with 21 more options overall. All truck get over 3400+nm torque options, top engines unlocked at level 20. Volvo be damned!

Level 0: 1900-2100nm torque engines for starter trucks
Level 2: up to 2100nm torque
Level 4: up to 2200nm torque
Level 6: up to 2300nm torque
Level 8: up to 2400nm torque
Level 10: up to 2500nm torque
Level 12: up to 2600nm torque
Level 14: up to 2700nm torque
Level 16: up to 2800nm torque
Level 18: up to 3200nm torque
Level 20: all engines should be unlocked

e: Forgot to mention: Improved engine exhaust brake that is varied by engine size. Up to 60% more brake power for the bigger engines than default.

Eaton Fuller Roadranger Super 13 Transmission Mod for 1.10 gives you the option for the best transmission ever. It has 2 reverse and double overdrives ("Put it in the big hole."), top 8 gears have about a 16% split and a 3.40 final ratio.
Eaton Fuller Roadranger Super 13 Transmission Mod for 1.11 has the new gearnames 1-2-3-4-5L-5H-6L-6H-7L-7H-8L-8H.

I have only been playing the vanilla game for a couple of weeks, and decided to install these mods. Since I'm on the 1.10+ I used the appropriate ones, and I'd like to say thanks for these mods. Although I already have a fully upgraded Scania Streamline and I've noticed a subtle but very nice difference in both acceleration and braking. I use the Real Automatic option for the transmission and a game-pad controller for driving. For me it just seems these two mods provide a smoother sense of momentum and handling. It does seem as though there's a slight decrease in fuel efficiency on my 6x4 chassis, but I haven't really made any real test of this, and I'm sure once I finally invest in Eco-Driving, it won't make a whit of difference.

Anyway, thanks for these and the gear transitions really do seem much more smooth. I do use the speed limiter, as I found out quite quickly that I'm far too prone to hitting 135kph and losing control too easily. Nevertheless, if anyone else is interested, I really like the general improvement to both feel and handling the Engine and Transmission mods here are worth a look.

I still can't park a load properly, but I'm slowly learning how the turning works on backing up a trailer without taking ages to correct its placement.

Edit: corrected which transmission type I use

Corzen fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 24, 2014

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Is there a list of essential mods I should be grabbing?

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
After failing to fall asleep last night, I decided to buy this because why the gently caress not.

A day later, and I spent my entire free day pretend driving trucks. Why is this game so drat addictive?

Ah well, time to get my driver level up to 5 and maybe buy a truck so TOOT TOOT IM A TRUCK Incorporated can really start taking over the European road transport world by storm!

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I was driving around some ammunitiongas? when the weather turned poo poo. Rain, I thought; aight, I got this. Then slowly visibility started to go down, and get worse, and worse. I was driving near blind even though I had a few €10k worth of illumination hopelessly trying to pierce through the fog.

I need even more and harsher adverse weather. Torrential rainfall, 100km/h winds, hail, snow. Just try to stop my ammunition train.

Edit: Huh actually I've been playing too much and I'm confusing my cargo. I'm currently shipping ammo to Scottish nationalists in Aberdeen; the fog episode was toxic gas or something.

Fleve fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 25, 2014

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Damned inconsiderate place to leave your digger. Honestly, anyone could be coming down that hill at 120km/ph in the rain and need the full width of the road to make the turn successfully.

But no, you had to leave your digger there. Guess I'm not getting paid for this job.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Yo truck people I have a very serious problem:

The side of my cabin doesn't get painted with the cool metallic/flip paints (Vanilla, and Halloween paint work fine though). How can I fix this and get cool paints working?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
drat I don't know the solution, but I wonder if whoever named that Bokehlicious watches digital rev tv.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

grancheater posted:

The side of my cabin doesn't get painted with the cool metallic/flip paints (Vanilla, and Halloween paint work fine though). How can I fix this and get cool paints working?

I have the same problem on my Volvo. Maybe it's some sort of UV error?

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Would someone be able to zip up retarder.ogg for internal and external of Mercedes truck:

(/sound/truck/mercedes/int/retarder.ogg)
(/sound/truck/mercedes/ext/retarder.ogg)

A mod is trying to use the files and bizarrely they're not packed in the mods .scs file.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh man, swoop in and get those fantasy paint jobs while they are still $0.40. They are wonderfully gaudy.

YER A WIZARD, 'ARRY

AND YER TRUCK IS ON FUCKIN FIRE

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 25, 2014

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
Sold a couple of steam cards. Bought the skins. Thanks for the heads up on the offer, that dragon skin looks very nice.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
The paints in-game are $50k each. For the rich only, but they are pretty baller.

And the price being $0.40 after the exclusive period is a steal!

Do I dare?

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 25, 2014

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wooo, managed to get part 2 done!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQXiz0rIb7s

Also it looks like they wont be releasing 1.11 this week then?

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Hmm, if I make any keyboard input on the "save" screen the game just freezes up. If I just double click a save slot it works fine.

Any ideas what causes this?

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

track day bro! posted:

Wooo, managed to get part 2 done!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQXiz0rIb7s

Also it looks like they wont be releasing 1.11 this week then?

That's fine by me. I'll be away for the next week anyway as I am heading up to that Glasgow to get my teeth kicked in and get ripped off by a load of corporate wankerswatch some sports and stuff! As long as 1.11 and Promods 1.7 have been released when I get back I'm all cool.

meecrob
Jul 3, 2007
I'd scarf down a whole wet bucket full of shit before I ate another plate of meecrob.

Corzen posted:

I have only been playing the vanilla game for a couple of weeks, and decided to install these mods. Since I'm on the 1.10+ I used the appropriate ones, and I'd like to say thanks for these mods. Although I already have a fully upgraded Scania Streamline and I've noticed a subtle but very nice difference in both acceleration and braking. I use the Real Automatic option for the transmission and a game-pad controller for driving. For me it just seems these two mods provide a smoother sense of momentum and handling. It does seem as though there's a slight decrease in fuel efficiency on my 6x4 chassis, but I haven't really made any real test of this, and I'm sure once I finally invest in Eco-Driving, it won't make a whit of difference.

Anyway, thanks for these and the gear transitions really do seem much more smooth. I do use the speed limiter, as I found out quite quickly that I'm far too prone to hitting 135kph and losing control too easily. Nevertheless, if anyone else is interested, I really like the general improvement to both feel and handling the Engine and Transmission mods here are worth a look.

I still can't park a load properly, but I'm slowly learning how the turning works on backing up a trailer without taking ages to correct its placement.

Edit: corrected which transmission type I use

Thanks for the feedback! I have newer versions on the SCS forums and have been trying to keep up with the beta patches and add in more features. I just added in compatibility for 50keda's DAF XF model in my latest update.

I love the transmission. I just about can't play without it anymore.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Tindahbawx posted:

Is there a list of essential mods I should be grabbing?

The only mod I consider essential is Jazzycat's trailer and cargo mod

http://jazzycat.ucoz.net/

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Largepotato posted:

The only mod I consider essential is Jazzycat's trailer and cargo mod

http://jazzycat.ucoz.net/

Yeah, modding used to be a lot more critical but they fixed a lot of the old problems in various patches. The only things I use these days are some of Jazzycat's packs -- aside from the trailer and cargo mod, some of his traffic mods are great too and just add variety -- and Improved Weather Reloaded. Although the current version of Improved Weather makes your own headlights/high beams/beacon fairly weak, so you might want to wait for the next version (apparently coming soon) if that will bother you.

People also like TSM and ProMods for map expansions, those are in the OP.

meecrob
Jul 3, 2007
I'd scarf down a whole wet bucket full of shit before I ate another plate of meecrob.
+1 for Jazzycat Cargo mod.

His AI mods are nice too. I just can't stand the Hummers, Escalades, 300s, etc in there. I also hate the Harley because it just doesn't look right in action. I edit out all of the American bullshit he throws in there and am good.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

grancheater posted:

Those are supposed to be like that, the pattern is only visible from certain angles. If you spin the truck, you should see the pattern becoming visible on different parts of the truck body.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

meecrob posted:

+1 for Jazzycat Cargo mod.

His AI mods are nice too. I just can't stand the Hummers, Escalades, 300s, etc in there. I also hate the Harley because it just doesn't look right in action. I edit out all of the American bullshit he throws in there and am good.

I don't mind all that, but I suggest avoiding the Russian traffic pack unless you want hard mode on your game. There's a couple cars in there that do like 30 mph all of the time, even on the freeway. Good if you want the "oh poo poo here's an old person that doesn't know how to drive and now I'm gonna wreck it" experience but I found it annoying after awhile.

duz posted:

Those are supposed to be like that, the pattern is only visible from certain angles. If you spin the truck, you should see the pattern becoming visible on different parts of the truck body.

As far as I've been able to tell, the pattern is only visible on the top, while the sides alternate between the other two colors depending on what angle you look at the cab. Maybe I just haven't had the right angle to see the pattern elsewhere.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

StarkRavingMad posted:

As far as I've been able to tell, the pattern is only visible on the top, while the sides alternate between the other two colors depending on what angle you look at the cab. Maybe I just haven't had the right angle to see the pattern elsewhere.

I could've sworn I got the pattern on the sides just by rotating around the camera, I'll have to double check when I get home.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I found the patterns won't appear unless you rotate the camera if you are using the metallic paints or the flip paints. Only one angle doesn't make them work, sort of like those cheap holograms you may have gotten as a kid.

meecrob
Jul 3, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh man, swoop in and get those fantasy paint jobs while they are still $0.40. They are wonderfully gaudy.

YER A WIZARD, 'ARRY

AND YER TRUCK IS ON FUCKIN FIRE

IAmTheRad posted:

The paints in-game are $50k each. For the rich only, but they are pretty baller.

And the price being $0.40 after the exclusive period is a steal!

Do I dare?

And for the all new low price of $1 in game!
Cheap Fantasy Paint Mod (Requires DLC)

meecrob fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 26, 2014

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
I want to see this guy try to play a truck sim. :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qwmvBJV5Pg

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.

xergm posted:

I want to see this guy try to play a truck sim. :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qwmvBJV5Pg

The comments are :smug:

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

meecrob posted:

Thanks for the feedback! I have newer versions on the SCS forums and have been trying to keep up with the beta patches and add in more features. I just added in compatibility for 50keda's DAF XF model in my latest update.

I love the transmission. I just about can't play without it anymore.

After playing a bit more with your engine and transmission mods, I take back my previous assumption that they caused a slight decrease in fuel efficiency. In fact, after testing it with identical trailers and tonnage over identical routes, it actually seems as though they're MORE fuel efficient. Nearly, to the point of having the first box of Eco-Driving for free. I guess it's the smoother gear transitions that causes this, but nevertheless, they're a couple of really great mods.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Played some 1.11 beta last night and the first mod I want is one that displays both truck & car speed limit on the GPS.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 26, 2014

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Does changing the tires on a truck make any difference, or is it just cosmetic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Just cosmetic

• Locked thread