Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Does this make CM Punk Poochy?

EDIT: Upon further thought Poochy is obviously Batista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Sanguinia posted:

Does this make CM Punk Poochy?

EDIT: Upon further thought Poochy is obviously Batista.

CM Punk is Krabappel

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

CM Punk is Bleeding Gums Murphy. Too good for this world.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
"That'll make yo back crack and yo liver quiver."

- Dusty Rhodes, Starrcade 1997

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Supreme Allah posted:

Thank you Bautista for getting rid of punk.

This. Punk is the whiniest baby I've ever seen in wrestling. Dude sucks and I was laughing when Kane pulled him out of the royal rumble.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

He's pretty cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HulkaMatt posted:

He's pretty cool.

Also quite a good wrestler!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Gatts posted:

JR was amazing during his tenure as talent head I believe, getting guys like Rock, Brock, etc. I believe.

JR doesn't get enough credit for his talent scouting abilities. He was the guy who had to sell everyone else on the Rock being a big deal, and obviously Rock went on to be one of the highest paid movie stars in history and unquestionably the biggest success story to come out of pro wrestling. I believe WM 27 still has the record for most PPV buys, and given the card it's hard to attribute that to anything but the Rock coming back to host it. For that, alongside other times where he was just 100% right about guys having what it takes, he should have been given free reign to run talent scouting/relations forever, but since it's WWE that obviously didn't happen.

For the most part, people think about JR for his :bahgawd: calls at the announcing booth, but for quite awhile he was doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff and doing it quite well.

Then he got replaced by John Laurinitis and we got an endless parade of models and big guys who couldn't work or do promos.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Another Person posted:

Watching Smackdown late, and I like to see Miz signing things for little kids when they didn't want it. Going full John 'Cage' Carlton. I really hope they keep him up with this persona.

Did he really? That is incredible. I have been enjoying it as well. As soon as he made them put his face on the titantron the entire match I was all in. On Raw before the match he explained to the ref the opponent should not be allowed to touch his face and I was laughing my rear end off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

Did he really? That is incredible. I have been enjoying it as well. As soon as he made them put his face on the titantron the entire match I was all in. On Raw before the match he explained to the ref the opponent should not be allowed to touch his face and I was laughing my rear end off.

Miz really is so much better as a heel. He also interviewed his parents in the crowd and asked his mom who her favorite wrestler was, and she said,"Roman Reigns!"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I may have spoken too soon about the Miz being 100% terrible.

This new gimmick of his is pretty rad.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The mysterious and unhealthy love affair between PSP and the miz begins anew in mid 2014.

(I like the gimmick too)

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If you didn't see Hercules yet, don't go out of your way. It was a decent by-the-numbers summer popcorn movie but nothing to write home about. I was more excited about the Expendables 3 poster in the lobby.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
You know, people complaining about nothing but the main event being plotted out might well be wrong right now (not saying the complaints were not made with good reason though). The Miz/Ziggler feud seems to be written and both are putting in some good effort. I think Ziggler needs some mic time right now to make it a more 'real' feud, but it is definitely one. Then you also have Ambrose/Rollins, who are technically midcard right now because they are usually towards the middle of the card and are definitely not the main event. The US belt isn't being used much really, but Sheamus' plot seems to be "I want to unify" (rare thing to hear someone from South Ireland say...), but he isn't exactly being used much but it seems like they may be building towards that sooner or later, perhaps when Barrett is bacl. They seem to be building towards a Dust/Uso feud, putting some effort into building towards it with these Dust brother promos.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

If you didn't see Hercules yet, don't go out of your way. It was a decent by-the-numbers summer popcorn movie but nothing to write home about. I was more excited about the Expendables 3 poster in the lobby.

I heard all the cool rear end monster fights are just a bunch of clips in the beginning of the movie

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Miz really is so much better as a heel. He also interviewed his parents in the crowd and asked his mom who her favorite wrestler was, and she said,"Roman Reigns!"

Those are all great but this one especially is brilliant, long live the heel Miz!

I'll take any chance to post this, the best video package of the Miz's career and a true high point, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O20Po-_kyuk

Please just take a minute to reflect on the Miz, of Miz and Morrison fame, making it to headline Wrestlemania 27 in which he beat john Cena to retain his WWE Championship.

He reall is awesome

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 26, 2014

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

WWE seriously needs to change up their booking. I didn't watch Smackdown, but saw the Ziggler/Bo Dallas gifs and knew instantly how that match ended. Looked up results, and I was exactly right.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

a decent by-the-numbers summer popcorn movie but nothing to write home about.

brettratner.txt

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Frankston posted:

Punk is the whiniest baby I've ever seen in wrestling

Oh, so you just started watching wrestling this year, then? :v:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

hoo boy, can't wait to see that failure Rock come crawling back to the WWE haha

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm seeing Hercules this afternoon with a few buddies, not expecting much from it apart from Rock hitting things and maybe a few shots of butts. Maybe if I'm lucky there is a shot of Rock's butt :c00lbutt:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bigass Moth posted:

I don't know anyone who expects anything more from Hercules than a decent by-the-numbers summer popcorn movie.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I'm seeing Hercules this afternoon with a few buddies, not expecting much from it apart from Rock hitting things and maybe a few shots of butts. Maybe if I'm lucky there is a shot of Rock's butt :c00lbutt:

I actually really liked it, mainly for what they do with the Myth.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

If initial reviews are accurate, Batista probably had the better summer movie than the Rock.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Lucy was pretty bonkers too if your into that sort of thing.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

BigRed0427 posted:

Lucy was pretty bonkers too if your into that sort of thing.

I get viscerally upset whenever I hear about the dumb conceit for that movie, so I'll pass thanks.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oh, so you just started watching wrestling this year, then? :v:

I watched in the 90's, I started watching again last year. I'm aware I missed his best years but all I've seen from him is constant moaning and sluggish, poor wrestling matches so that's how I see him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

anakha posted:

If initial reviews are accurate, Batista probably had the better summer movie than the Rock.

Well The Rock had the unfortunate task of being in a Brett Ratner film. So there was very little hope even with him being The Rock.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CzPA5LbX-U

I keep rewatching this and we really need to have this/an orchestra playing Sting to the ring at Mania

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Would WWE let him come down from the rafters?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Professor Funk posted:

God no

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Professor Funk posted:

No way in hell. They might let him stand up there and point a bat. Maybe. But standing in the skybox is far more likely.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

I wouldn't say it's an impossibility. I am sure they could figure out a relatively safe way to do it. Think of Bad News Barrett and his podium; that got pretty high. Not RAFTER high but still

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Is Wrestlemania not outdoors next year?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Semprini posted:

Is Wrestlemania not outdoors next year?

This...is a fair point.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

I get viscerally upset whenever I hear about the dumb conceit for that movie, so I'll pass thanks.

Imagine if you got viscerally upset with 100% of your brain. What would happen?

And you're all forgetting a little movie called Hercules, starring John Morrison botching flips, from the folks who brought you Sharknado and Mechashark vs. Squidigator.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Valeyard posted:

I wouldn't say it's an impossibility. I am sure they could figure out a relatively safe way to do it. Think of Bad News Barrett and his podium; that got pretty high. Not RAFTER high but still

There is a huge difference between standing on a solid platform that goes high into the air and rappelling from the top of an arena on a rope.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Frankston posted:

I watched in the 90's, I started watching again last year. I'm aware I missed his best years but all I've seen from him is constant moaning and sluggish, poor wrestling matches so that's how I see him.

Well my point was more that if you think Punk is anywhere near the biggest crybaby in pro wrestling, then you have some major catching up to do history-wise, because there are guys out there who had no hesitation in making GBS threads on others (as in, ruining programs and killing pushes) if it meant they were not going to get their way. All Punk did was decide to call it a day (and apparently offend both HHH and Batista, but oh well :v:).

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sir Jebus posted:

There is a huge difference between standing on a solid platform that goes high into the air and rappelling from the top of an arena on a rope.

The question asked was "Would WWE let him come down from the rafters" and I suggested they would take a safer approach than rappelling down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvw3H8FueU like this but higher, faster and darker/shadowier. I could see them doing that

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

CM Punk is Bleeding Gums Murphy. Too good for this world.

Punk is Maude Flanders.

• Locked thread