Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
What's the deal with the red treasure boxes that they keep avoiding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They are locked and Lightning is too classy to take the whole ball-safe with her.

Bricoleur
Feb 1, 2012

How much would it take to rent the entirety of Luxembourg, anyway?

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Bricoleur posted:

How much would it take to rent the entirety of Luxembourg, anyway?

It isn't Luxembourg, it's the little country of Liechtenstein near Austria offering itself out for rent. Apparently it goes for $70k a night and hasn't actually been rented yet because they can be picky and refuse clientele.

http://io9.com/5831972/you-can-rent-an-entire-country-for-a-weekend

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Oh look everybody, it's the end of day 2! Starting with day 3, audio is not hosed up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tw24LTg2Ec

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This might mean nothing to you, but I do appreciate how the delay in the past videos has made it so you have some kind of schedule behind releasing the videos, and I thank you for not having us wait long periods of time now.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Lumina is a demented puppeteer chipmunk who randomly pops her head into the story, puffs her cheeks, chirps and leaves to look for more nuts to talk to. Can you feed her some greens?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Look I think it is safe to say at this point its all bullshit and the only real course of action is to just start stabbing things until you decide it's time to stop.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You need to learn how to speak cat. How else will you steal cat erotica?

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.
I had trouble starting the cat quest too. You need to speak to the cat a night and before 2:00am. Sorry I can’t tell you exact time.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Double Rabite posted:

I had trouble starting the cat quest too. You need to speak to the cat a night and before 2:00am. Sorry I can’t tell you exact time.

Oh, is that how it works? It's weird because everyone else with that kind of setup just disappears when they're unavailable instead of hanging out with a useless quest marker. Maybe it's to remind you to come back there since most of the time you wouldn't go that way anyway.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Gologle posted:

This might mean nothing to you, but I do appreciate how the delay in the past videos has made it so you have some kind of schedule behind releasing the videos, and I thank you for not having us wait long periods of time now.

While this is definitely a big plus, a minor minus is that if they get confused by something, the thread will answer it but they will keep being confused by it for a dozen more episodes, because they were all recorded before the answer. Example: the thief quote on that one outfit.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Polsy posted:

Oh, is that how it works? It's weird because everyone else with that kind of setup just disappears when they're unavailable instead of hanging out with a useless quest marker. Maybe it's to remind you to come back there since most of the time you wouldn't go that way anyway.

There were a few other NPCs that had the "I have a quest!" marker without being able to be talked to earlier in the videos. Those opened up at night.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Felinoid posted:

While this is definitely a big plus, a minor minus is that if they get confused by something, the thread will answer it but they will keep being confused by it for a dozen more episodes, because they were all recorded before the answer. Example: the thief quote on that one outfit.

This is only a minus if you do not enjoy confusion.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

bathroomrage posted:

There were a few other NPCs that had the "I have a quest!" marker without being able to be talked to earlier in the videos. Those opened up at night.

Hmm, I don't remember that happening with anyone else who actually had the quest difficulty stars. There's a bunch of people with ??? that you can't talk to which is usually code for 'will be a quest-giver later', but not stars.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Day 3 dawns and brings better audio!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ8yeCe18Zc

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

First video recorded since the thread went up

Only day 3 and part 14

Ah gently caress, the good times where we get a regular schedule are going to be coming to an end soon, aren't they?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Just call them the Last Days of North Carolina.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I like that Lightning is very Wa-ffical now

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 24, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad the crew has now fully explored the menu space.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I like that Lightning is very Wa-ffical now

Lightning is clearly now sporting the same colour scheme as FFVII Cloud Strife

The resemblance is uncanny.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 24, 2014

Ztarlit_Sky
Mar 4, 2014
Nap Ghost
When Chaos arrived, spacetime was damaged and the day now only lasts 24 hours instead of 26? :what:

This smells like a thinly veiled excuse as convenience for the players that are used to 24 hours.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Were 26 hour days a thing in the ~nova chrysalid lore~?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Ztarlit_Sky posted:

When Chaos arrived, spacetime was damaged and the day now only lasts 24 hours instead of 26? :what:

This smells like a thinly veiled excuse as convenience for the players that are used to 24 hours.

Perhaps their hours are longer than our hours :v:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's all fancy talk for saying that the average citizen of this world now spends 2 hours a day in a drunken coma, and is not much better at other times. Did you see those tripping NPCs?

Ztarlit_Sky
Mar 4, 2014
Nap Ghost

SelenicMartian posted:

It's all fancy talk for saying that the average citizen of this world now spends 2 hours a day in a drunken coma, and is not much better at other times. Did you see those tripping NPCs?

Well, when you're unaging and have been for hundreds of years...

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Hope had that stupid cloth to cover up his l'cie brand, something he doesn't need to do or cares about anymore (I think). Unsurprisingly, Squeenix doesn't put any effort into character models other then our waifu lord Lightning or whatever Toriyama calls his true love.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Ztarlit_Sky posted:

The funny thing is if they had made it 28 originally and it lost 4 hours, you could easily imagine the extra days being made from the lost time being called back by the power of Lightning's Erotica.

Until you realize that there'd only be enough lost time in 6 days to fill out one extra. I suspect they were originally hinting at that, though.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

bathroomrage posted:

The funny thing is if they had made it 28 originally and it lost 4 hours, you could easily imagine the extra days being made from the lost time being called back by the power of Lightning's Erotica.

Until you realize that there'd only be enough lost time in 6 days to fill out one extra. I suspect they were originally hinting at that, though.

It actually has to do with something separate and dumb, and that conversation is the only real hint you get for it.

I don't think Square Enix quite gets how days work to be honest.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

LeafyOrb posted:

It actually has to do with something separate and dumb, and that conversation is the only real hint you get for it.

I don't think Square Enix quite gets how days work to be honest.

Jesus, really? :psyduck:

Well, I'll give them credit, Square-Enix really knows how to make time travel as stupid as possible in every game they make that it shows up in.

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

bathroomrage posted:

Jesus, really? :psyduck:

Well, I'll give them credit, Square-Enix really knows how to make time travel as stupid as possible in every game they make that it shows up in.

Come now...
Chrono Trigger?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

4th Asclepiadean posted:

Come now...
Chrono Trigger?
That was just Square. In the merger of Square and Enix Enix was the company that came out on top.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bathroomrage posted:

Lightning's Erotica.

This is brilliant and will never stop being hilarious.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 24, 2014

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So in a land ravaged by Chaos, you have to play Chronobind without any Kings in the deck?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can't wait to see what kind of crazy adventures you have in Snow's disco palace!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Can Lightning can get a Disco Stu jacket there?

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

WELCOME TO YUSNAAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHnQUYc684o

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Neruz posted:

Lightning is clearly now sporting the same colour scheme as FFVII Cloud Strife

The resemblance is uncanny.

I'm very glad SOMEONE else knows what I was going for there

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I think I heard you say 'Cloud Strife' and since the only Final Fantasy game with Cloud in it that I have ever actually seen is FF7 I immediately made the connection. Then I started laughing and didn't stop for awhile :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
Yusnaan just makes me want naan bread.

Potato naan is the poo poo.

• Locked thread