Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'd probably vote either but I think I would rather go for Juanito

Note what you didn't do: vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Note what you didn't do: vote.

Note, I've been voting him all day.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Note, I've been voting him all day.

The quote was from yesterday. You didn't vote yesterday.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

The quote was from yesterday. You didn't vote yesterday.

That is because I fell asleep and didn't end up voting anyone. What's your point? It's also a different day with more information.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Pander, you appear to be flinging poo poo around and seeing what sticks and what doesn't. That is a scummy thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I disagree. I've liked a lot of Pander's hunting so far, especially in D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

I disagree. I've liked a lot of Pander's hunting so far, especially in D1.

Yeah I've felt pretty good about Pander most of the game myself. He's wrong about me, but I am pretty sure he's town.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

Pander, you appear to be flinging poo poo around and seeing what sticks and what doesn't. That is a scummy thing.
I'm not feeling great about grandicap after his last post. It's weirdly confrontational for a guy who seems otherwise screwed over. I might be wrong, but the gut is telling me no. He's a likely lynch though.

Meinberg's play yesterday was so goddamn hopeless and damning. Everything about what he says kinda jives.

I'm looking elsewhere.

Not feeling you. Capps, PM, and DGK did a good job of pushing bigup, not feeling them for today. Juanito feels townish.

Poque and Hal are the two I feel most strongly are scum. Hal's here, and he has poo poo play so far. Pushing him to find out why he didn't vote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandi's appeal to Pander in his most recent post doesn't feel scummy to me, and I'm not sure I see the merits of the case against him. I think Grandi's reaction to Pander and the way he keeps expanding on his case against PM all read pretty good to me. I would still vote him if that's the only option but I think there are better choices.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I agree about Poque, but I'm kinda neutral on Hal. CPig keeps pinging me as scum, but that vigilante keeps making me back off again.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

I'm not feeling great about grandicap after his last post. It's weirdly confrontational for a guy who seems otherwise screwed over. I might be wrong, but the gut is telling me no. He's a likely lynch though.

Haha I guess we really don't see eye-to-eye on that one

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Pander posted:

Meinberg's play yesterday was so goddamn hopeless and damning. Everything about what he says kinda jives.

Clarifying: As scum, his play would have been the worst play possible yesterday. Naive mason feels reasonable one of the few non-scum reasons he'd push people off bigup at a glance. More time to examine posting from D1 would help corroborate or disprove it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha I guess we really don't see eye-to-eye on that one

Clarifying: "I don't feel great about lynching grandicap"

I'm typing this while I'm trying to watch Dollhouse with the gf.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, you've got all of tonight (hopefully).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

I agree about Poque, but I'm kinda neutral on Hal. CPig keeps pinging me as scum, but that vigilante keeps making me back off again.

Stop letting setup spec control you! Scum vig isn't some wacky thing that could never happen.

I've gone back and forth on Poque but leaning scum on him. I didn't like the positions he took yesterday on Pander, merk and Juanito and he's been pretty quiet overall today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

Clarifying: "I don't feel great about lynching grandicap"

I'm typing this while I'm trying to watch Dollhouse with the gf.

Oh ok, that makes more sense to me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pander posted:

I'm looking elsewhere.

Not feeling you. Capps, PM, and DGK did a good job of pushing bigup, not feeling them for today. Juanito feels townish.

Poque and Hal are the two I feel most strongly are scum. Hal's here, and he has poo poo play so far. Pushing him to find out why he didn't vote.

I like this, you look much better.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

##vote poque

Left field I know. Chagrinned if he flips town or grandi flips scum, but I'm gonna trust my gut here.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pander, we have one hour. Do you really think we have time for this? I mean, I agree, but if we split the votes now, we might well no-lynch.

##vote Poque, but I'm switching back 15 to deadline if we don't get this moving.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
not feelin it enough on poque for a last minute lynch. his vote on bigup yesterday didn't feel like scum distancing

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

Pander, we have one hour. Do you really think we have time for this? I mean, I agree, but if we split the votes now, we might well no-lynch.

##vote Poque, but I'm switching back 15 to deadline if we don't get this moving.
That's called having a backup plan. It's what you do when you want to take a risk.

quote:

I was Bigup's mason partner, and he seemed to be fairly sincere about scumhunting in the doc.
So now that you have the doc, does the rest of your stuff line up?

how early was his grandicap pushing? Any details?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

not feelin it enough on poque for a last minute lynch. his vote on bigup yesterday didn't feel like scum distancing

It absolutely did. He jumped on the first suspicious thing he could originally point to. He tried to go back to merk until it wouldn't move.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote grandi

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pander posted:

It absolutely did. He jumped on the first suspicious thing he could originally point to. He tried to go back to merk until it wouldn't move.

When did he try to go back to merk?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

mr.capps posted:

##vote grandi
Welcome back. How do you feel about a Poque lynch?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Pander posted:

So now that you have the doc, does the rest of your stuff line up?

how early was his grandicap pushing? Any details?

He just asked me to look at grandicap's history. This happened about the same time as when he began making the push in thread about him.

I don't think Poque is a good scum candidate, his activity yesterday felt pretty sincere to me, and it's not like anyone has been particularly active today. Hal, on the other hand, remains suspicious to me. I think Grandi is probably the better lynch target for today, though.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Poque posted:

this whole post is weirdly terrible. Bigup is erratic but I don't get any sense of scum out of it.

Trying to dismiss early criticism of bigup too.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

When did he try to go back to merk?

misplaced timing. he did it when bigup had a huge amount of traction, but just after juanito made a swap back to merk. It looks like an attempted momentum shift.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pander posted:

misplaced timing. he did it when bigup had a huge amount of traction, but just after juanito made a swap back to merk. It looks like an attempted momentum shift.
You mean like what you just did? :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote Grandicap

gently caress it, we're 35 from deadline and this Poque thing isn't going anywhere.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

You mean like what you just did? :v:

I like using a flip as evidence with which to gauge intent, so unless you already know how grandicap and/or poque are gonna flip, no, not like I just did.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Grandicap

gently caress it, we're 35 from deadline and this Poque thing isn't going anywhere.

Yeah. It annoys me too.

I can hammer whenever unless someone's got a brilliant idea.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Poison Mushroom posted:

Welcome back. How do you feel about a Poque lynch?

Its not happening

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Gonna play Dominion with gf.

##vote grandicap

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Been out all day, and just got back.

I'd definitely vote Hal, but that isn't going to happen today.

I'm okay hammering Grandi.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pander posted:

Gonna play Dominion with gf.

##vote grandicap

i love dominion (assuming the card game not the spergy pc game)

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I skimmed the 78 unread posts that there were before.

Saturday night deadline is literally the worst thing ever.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

JakeP posted:

i love dominion (assuming the card game not the spergy pc game)

card game. Base set only since we hadn't played in forever.

Yeah Juanito, saturday night after like 2 full days of not much posting because *weekend*

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
some of the expansions make the game less fun I feel. The base set is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself