Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Peyton's doing things on his feet this year in training camp that we've never seen from him before

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/2014/07/28/manning-rocky-top-dancing/13271693/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

White people dancing lol

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Carolina's tight ends are a very solid starter a complete gamble of a draft pick and a player who might recreate his solid 2011 where he was the clear #2 tight end. Maybe.

That's not exactly inspiring confidence.

Williams is a udfa if I recall, so no draft pick. I am spot checking rosters across the league and a solid starter, a serviceable backup that is a decent blocker and had 1 starter like statistical season and a high upside development player is not bad TE depth

Let's take the AFC east:
Miami: Charles Clay, Egnew, Dion Sims
Not pretty
NE: Gronk, Hoomanaeanui, DJ Williams
Healthy gronk would make this group solid
Jets: Jeff Cumberland, Jace Amaro, Zach Sudfeld
Rookie high draft choice
Bills: scot chandler, tony moeaki, lee smith
Good depth, but everyone is dinged up

I see a few teams that are better than the Panthers for sure, but they are nowhere close to bottom of the barrel.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Greg Olsen and Mike Tolbert will continue to be Cam's top receivers

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SpclKen posted:

Williams is a udfa if I recall, so no draft pick. I am spot checking rosters across the league and a solid starter, a serviceable backup that is a decent blocker and had 1 starter like statistical season and a high upside development player is not bad TE depth

Let's take the AFC east:
Miami: Charles Clay, Egnew, Dion Sims
Not pretty
NE: Gronk, Hoomanaeanui, DJ Williams
Healthy gronk would make this group solid
Jets: Jeff Cumberland, Jace Amaro, Zach Sudfeld
Rookie high draft choice
Bills: scot chandler, tony moeaki, lee smith
Good depth, but everyone is dinged up

I see a few teams that are better than the Panthers for sure, but they are nowhere close to bottom of the barrel.

Charles Clay owns tho

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Eli could complete 70% if we include passes successfully hauled in by defensive backs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Charles Clay owns tho

Second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ufRYKPtA4

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Re-open the AFCW divisional thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNw1LmnZTM

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Holy crap that balding old lady :stare:

Still disappointed that video doesn't feature...holy poo poo I've forgotten his name. The guy whose picture we posted every page.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Holy crap that balding old lady :stare:

Still disappointed that video doesn't feature...holy poo poo I've forgotten his name. The guy whose picture we posted every page.

Derek Lokey? Why do I even remember that...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kuechly knows: the most subtle troll is the best

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I'm pretty sure getting it up in the mid sixties would be a huge accomplishment, especially considering that his career passing percentage is hovering around 58%.

Unless the Giants new offense is 70% HB screens then 70% seems completely impossible.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A Pale Horse posted:

Unless the Giants new offense is 70% HB screens then 70% seems completely impossible.

Looking at Eli's stats, he's been right at 70% on those and 65-70% the last three years on passes thrown 1-10 yards.

So just go full Brian Schottenheimer and maybe 70% is attainable!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

A Pale Horse posted:

I'm pretty sure getting it up in the mid sixties would be a huge accomplishment

Maybe we should ask Sash or Det about this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Some old guy showed up to Chargers training camp and started bugging Rivers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Chargers preseason mantra is very zen. I look forward to a Chargers Superbowl game in which Phillip Rivers transforms into a 30 foot tall golden Buddha in the fourth quarter, ascending beyond the need for ringz.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Now send a Chiefs fan to the Raiders training camp.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Chargers preseason mantra is very zen. I look forward to a Chargers Superbowl game in which Phillip Rivers transforms into a 30 foot tall golden Buddha in the fourth quarter, ascending beyond the need for ringz.

The ultimate coping mechanism.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

soggybagel posted:

Chiefs fan found dead in port-o-potty. News at 11.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Meanwhile, at Bengals camp:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ehud posted:

Charles Clay owns tho

Third'ed, Clay was one of the only competent players on the Dolphins last year, and was a red zone beast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

soggybagel posted:

I'd buy a ticket to watch that.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

soggybagel posted:

Nothing happens because the Raiders camp is under complete lockdown and the fans are hand picked for the special privilege to view the camp. It's 1984 as poo poo

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What's the stupidest thing convinced yourself of based off of training camp.

So far mine has been Josh McGowan will lead us to respectability.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ZenVulgarity posted:

What's the stupidest thing convinced yourself of based off of training camp.

So far mine has been Josh McGowan will lead us to respectability.

That my team will be good this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

swickles posted:

yeah, this

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
That Jordan Palmer would beat out Jimmy Clausen. I guess it's just something that was bound to happen.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Clowney allowed Dennis Johnson to live

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaptRonBRB/statuses/493823563099803649

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

I'm moving back to Cincy from Korea in December and the Bengalsiest thing would be for them to be good the three years I can't go to games and fall to earth when I return.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

There goes my hero, watch him as he goes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'd take Charles clay over Greg Olsen right now. Olsen has more yards but he was the only receiver they really had looking at the other receiving stats.

Clay was a wrecking ball last year who is crazy versatile. I can see at least 10 teams that have better tight end rosters but over the whole nfl. I guess that proves the point they are "better than average" but not some top unit. Pitta might have that break out year

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In case you were wondering how panthers fans are handling having a six round depth running back shanghai'd from them, it's all Jonathan Stewart's fault.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'd take Charles clay over Greg Olsen right now. Olsen has more yards but he was the only receiver they really had looking at the other receiving stats.

Clay was a wrecking ball last year who is crazy versatile. I can see at least 10 teams that have better tight end rosters but over the whole nfl. I guess that proves the point they are "better than average" but not some top unit. Pitta might have that break out year

Clay freakin' rules and I would love to have him in Atlanta. I feel like he could be a star if put in the right situation.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So Odell Beckham hasen't practiced at all because of a bad hamstring and apparently he had some sort of meeting with Coughlin about how he really wants to play and isn't milking it or some poo poo.

So this is apparently "a thing".

Like, if the dude has a bum leg he's got a bum leg, let him get healthy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shath Hole posted:

Clay freakin' rules and I would love to have him in Atlanta. I feel like he could be a star if put in the right situation.

He's not physically dominant like a Vernon Davis or jimmy graham but he does so many things well he's tough to account for. He's average on size and speed (6'2 255 4.69 guy) but because of matchup issues he presents he finds ways to be a headache.

I think he's a constant 700/6-7 td guy in Miami.

Not to mention he has a rushing td. I desperately want another tight end in Miami that is not Egnew. He stinks

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

davecrazy posted:

Like, if the dude has a bum leg he's got a bum leg, let him get healthy.

Coughlin used to be a hardass on things like that, I'd imagine he's mellowed a little bit with age but he's probably still doing some pressuring trying to get him on the field. Which would seem extra dumb to me with a hamstring because they end up lingering a lot of the time if you don't let it heal right, but whatever.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Miami really has no excuse besides pride to ignore Ted Ginn as a legitimate return option. He's a very good returner, and hes a hell of a lot better than the guy Miami is going to be counting on.

Punt returns we go with Rishard Matthews, kick returns we go with Ginn. Our receiving corps is filled with quite a few great receivers, especially in their respective roles, but only Wallace is the burner with return ability.
Ted Ginn mentioned?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSxJgjjJFc

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm moving back to Cincy from Korea in December and the Bengalsiest thing would be for them to be good the three years I can't go to games and fall to earth when I return.

Man, you'll be here just in time to watch the Bengals lose out of the first round of the playoffs with your fellow countrymen. It will be glorious. :smith:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Like the Bengals are making the playoffs this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

Like the Bengals are making the playoffs this year.

Who is winning the North? Ravens didn't make many moves to improve this season, Browns will crumble under the weight of Manziel's hubris, and the Steelers are just another year older and stodgier.

• Locked thread