Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Klyith posted:

Perhaps they could find a different symbol? One that doesn't involve blowing up israelis?

feel free to give them an alternative that can go over the wall and specifically target idf soldiers

quote:

If they leveled schools and hospitals without that excuse more people might be convinced that they were the bad guys.

if you are the kind of person that isn't convinced that Israel is doing something wrong when they bomb schools and hospitals, because an IDF spokesperson says (with no evidence whatsoever) that there were rockets underneath, then no other situation is going to convince you otherwise, you have gone off the deep end

quote:

Clarified:
1. isreal does "targeted" airstrike against "terrorist" Hamas leadership. Civilian casualties happen because Gaza is overpopulated.
2. hamas launches lots and lots of rockets targeted at civilian settlements, mostly ineffectually but doing enough damage for good pictures
3. israel bombs the gently caress out of gaza, destroying more infrastructure as hamas rocket attacks continue

#3 would not happen without #2. #1 would not happen without Hamas

airstriking government officials who are not attacking you during a ceasefire is explicitly breaking your end of the ceasefire, this isn't rocket science

also lol at "good pictures", you mean the ones where there's an almost looney-tunes style splat mark on the (undamaged) ground?

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

peak debt posted:

Like becoming completely passive and hoping for salvation from outside?

Remember that Israel doesn't need the Palestinians as consumers or workers like the British did with the Indians. Passive resistance and civil disobedience will only lead to Israel silently completing the ethnic cleansing over the next century.
Well the plan they're working on now seems to have a target of well under a century, so the alternative looks pretty good to me.

Not even gonna respond to the idea that this is all the Jew Master Plan.

Neurolimal posted:

feel free to give them an alternative that can go over the wall and specifically target idf soldiers
Sure, here's my suggestion: white guy Neurolimal goes to palestine, joins Hamas, and uses his non-suspicious whiteness to get really close to a bunch of israeli soldiers. Then he detonates the C4 vest.

Caro cared enough to die for brown people, do you?

quote:

if you are the kind of person that isn't convinced that Israel is doing something wrong when they bomb schools and hospitals, because an IDF spokesperson says (with no evidence whatsoever) that there were rockets underneath, then no other situation is going to convince you otherwise, you have gone off the deep end
If there were no rockets at all it would be much harder to lie about rockets being hidden under every roof in Gaza now wouldn't it?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Klyith posted:

Sure, here's my suggestion: white guy Neurolimal goes to palestine, joins Hamas, and uses his non-suspicious whiteness to get really close to a bunch of israeli soldiers. Then he detonates the C4 vest.

why would I join hamas if i wanted to suicide bomb people, hamas stopped doing that like, a decade ago

quote:

If there were no rockets at all it would be much harder to lie about rockets being hidden under every roof in Gaza now wouldn't it?

if it isnt rockets, then it would be rocket launchers, if its not rocket launchers, then its AK's, if its not AK's, then it's "vital terrorist supplies", if it's none of those, then it's a secret underground bunker to house terrorists opposing Israel's rule

getting rid of one excuse to bomb civilian structures isn't going to suddenly make them stop coming up with new excuses to bomb hospitals and schools

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Klyith posted:

If they leveled schools and hospitals without that excuse more people might be convinced that they were the bad guys.

you really don't get it, do you

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
lol i really hope someone actually responded to this

quote:

VVV didn't say it was but at least they are only being hosed in one hole and their situation is gradually improving.

yeah israel might still be building settlements on palestine land, slowly condensing them into easily managed ghettos, but its kind of better than gaza!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Neurolimal posted:

why would I join hamas if i wanted to suicide bomb people, hamas stopped doing that like, a decade ago
Yeah it doesn't look good to your recruits when they keep getting killed at the border crossing long before they get close enough to do any damage.

For you I'm sure they'd make an exception.

tranime scholar posted:

you really don't get it, do you
I really don't get that Israel is in the middle of a secret century long plan to wipe out all the palestinians because _______

Nah I'll stick to the interpretation that the situation is one where two groups in political power are both using conflict escalation to cement their own control of their respective nations, and regular outbreaks of fear and violence are the tools they find easiest to use.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Klyith posted:

this is a bad-faith argument because i'm 100% sure that if he did that today, it wouldn't affect your position in the slightest

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Klyith posted:

Well the plan they're working on now seems to have a target of well under a century, so the alternative looks pretty good to me.

Not even gonna respond to the idea that this is all the Jew Master Plan.

Year after year after year Israel annexes more land to build settlements on. What is the logical conclusion to this?

Klyith posted:

It having absolutely no basis in reality sure isn't doing the rumor about Hamas using civilians as human shields any bad.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
reminder that this entire incident started because israel falsely accused hamas of kidnapping some teens. if you dont give israel an excuse to bomb gaza then they will make one up

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Klyith posted:

Yeah it doesn't look good to your recruits when they keep getting killed at the border crossing long before they get close enough to do any damage.

actually the number of suicide bombers dwindled long before any suicide-bomber-specific countermeasures were put in place

quote:

I really don't get that Israel is in the middle of a secret century long plan to wipe out all the palestinians because _______

they want to expel palestinians from the gaza strip because they want more land, but absorbing the palestinians in the West Bank + the palestinians in the Gaza Strip, combined with palestinians within Israel already, would render jews a minority, emphasizing the current apartheid-state setup, crazy anti-arab sentiment, and threatening their status as a jewish state

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 29, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Klyith posted:

caro was literally schizo you dumbass

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hi

Literally The Worst posted:

also he kinda got way worse than he deserved what with the horrific syrian torture dungeon thing

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Literally The Worst posted:

So? He accomplished a lot more than a guy posting on the internet about how evil israel is going to put all the palestinians into the gas chambers.

(Incidentally the same thing as should happen to this thread.)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Klyith posted:

So? He accomplished a lot more than a guy posting on the internet about how evil israel is going to put all the palestinians into the gas chambers.

(Incidentally the same thing as should happen to this thread.)

no he rly didnt

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
caro sounded like a coen bros character right up to the moment he ended up in a basement getting his teeth pulled out one by one

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Klyith posted:

i actually regularly donate to palestine-focused charities (second reminder that you should totes donate here http://www.map-uk.org/) and regularly attend pro-palestine/human rights protests because it's an issue i care about quite a bit, thanks for assuming i just post on the internet just because I talked back to a clown like you, though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
in non-clownposter related news, this song is p dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgr9lO3Amu8

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

in non-clownposter related news, this song is p dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgr9lO3Amu8

thats why theres a correlation between advanced studies and high intellects, you need to be a real dumb retard baby to think this is any good lmao

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Likely saved some lives, because even basic life-saving techniques are pretty useful in combat.

Neurolimal posted:

second reminder that you should totes donate here http://www.map-uk.org/
I have given some bucks.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Twee as gently caress posted:

thats why theres a correlation between advanced studies and high intellects, you need to be a real dumb retard baby to think this is any good lmao
i'll get on board the boycott train, but then i'll get off when the political rappers show up

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Klyith posted:

That's like three terribly dishonest debate tactics in one sentence so kindly gently caress off.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
really OP i don't believe there have been any funny moments in this conflict imo

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
or this thread

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Twee as gently caress posted:

twee as gently caress are you going to answer any of my questions or just disappear again :(

Exclamation Marx posted:

hey twee as gently caress do you have any evidence whatsoever to back up your claims that

a)
mohammed abu khdeir was murdered by family for being gay

b)
today's bombing of a un school was perpetrated by hamas, or that hamas was housing rockets there immediately prior

thanks

Exclamation Marx posted:

this was explained to you last time, twee as gently caress. the 'mal' in 'malnourished' beans 'badly', as you should know if you're as algerian as you say you are. israel was caught counting calories to give gazans the bare minimum required not to starve to death.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

newreply.php posted:

or this thread

i know, isreally bad

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Klyith posted:

of course it would because the zionists want everything between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea to be Israel.

Everything else is just pretense. They've been doing this poo poo for way longer than Hamas has been around.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Klyith posted:

yes why would anyone think th

note this doesn't include newer settlements or the permanent 3 km "buffer zone" just introduced in gaza that i posted a map of previously

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TERROR CHILDE *bitchin guitar riff*

its a model

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SplitSoul posted:

yes why would anyone think th

note this doesn't include newer settlements or the permanent 3 km "buffer zone" just introduced in gaza that i posted a map of previously

holy poo poo gaza is only like 6 miles wide
and Isreal is saying everyone who lives there has to jam themselves further down

jesus Christ no wonder they say that there's bombs in schools, they wouldn't be able to loving miss a school if they wanted too
(I think they purposely want to blow up schools)

lol the horror rockets are coming Israel brace yourselves for unstoppable retribution hahhaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh yah that graph reminded me that btselem is getting the dolchstoss treatment now and they might get murdered by crazy likudniks

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

quote:

Bar Ilan University students, faculty and administrators are up in arms over a law professor’s email to his students that opened with an expression of sympathy for all victims of the Israel-Gaza war, implicitly reminding them that the overwhelming majority of those victims are Gazans.

Prof. Hanoch Sheinman’s email was sent to reassure his second-year law students that because the security situation had disrupted many students’ routines, there would be an additional date scheduled for his course’s final exam. Sheinman opened the email, however, by saying that he hoped the message “finds you in a safe place, and that you, your families and those dear to you are not among the hundreds of people that were killed, the thousands wounded, or the tens of thousands whose homes were destroyed or were forced to leave their homes during, or as a direct result of, the violent confrontation in the Gaza Strip and its environs.”

Sheinman then proceeded to inform the students of the additional testing date.

Sheinman’s reference to the victims of the fighting with no reference to their national affiliation led many students to complain to the dean of the law faculty, Prof. Shahar Lifshitz, who issued an urgent message to the students yesterday. “I was shocked to learn of the email sent to you by Professor Sheinman,” Lifshitz wrote. “It was a hurtful letter, and since this morning we have been justifiably flooded with messages from students and family members, many of whom are involved during these very days in the battles in the south.”

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Just like a cowardly Gazan sympathizer to issue a hurtful letter like that while hiding in a school.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

israel is insane

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Klyith posted:

Clarified:
1. isreal does "targeted" airstrike against "terrorist" Hamas leadership. Civilian casualties happen because Gaza is overpopulated.
2. hamas launches lots and lots of rockets targeted at civilian settlements, mostly ineffectually but doing enough damage for good pictures
3. israel bombs the gently caress out of gaza, destroying more infrastructure as hamas rocket attacks continue

yes if only palestine didn't try to defend itself israel wouldn't have to hurt her more

excuse me your honour the only reason I had to give the bitch that black eye is because she wouldn't just let me rape her

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

A UN resolution for Israel to leave Palestine the gently caress alone and turn over the policymakers responsible for the conflict to be put on trial for war crimes.

And, obviously, a multilateral military intervention to enforce the terms of the resolution should Israel not comply.

like give me one single good reason why this isn't exactly what should be done

now tell me why it isn't/won't

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
on Wikipedia there's a map that shows gaza and west bank. Theres' some roads in between marked Safe Passage (Non-Functional). heh eat poo poo mud people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

like give me one single good reason why this isn't exactly what should be done

now tell me why it isn't/won't

it should be what happens

it wont happen because lolololol UNSC veto power suck it other countries you aren't worth poo poo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also the last time the UN attempted prosecute war crimes, they ended up sending peace keeping forces to protect the genocidaires from the people they tried to wipe out

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

only a perfidious terrorist lover would express even an iota of sympathy for palestinians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

also the last time the UN attempted prosecute war crimes, they ended up sending peace keeping forces to protect the genocidaires from the people they tried to wipe out

isn't that a good thing, when someone is on trial for murder the cops don't just let the victim's family stroll into the defendant's cell

• Locked thread