Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FizFashizzle posted:

Pryor hasn't spent his career behind the best oline in the league.

The Niners o-line wasn't good last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MourningView posted:

poo poo, so they weren't.

Oh well, they rocked rear end in 2012.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It would be nice if Anthony Davis flipped the give-a-poo poo switch back on this year. Iupati had nagging injuries all year and that didn't help.

Joe Staley is loving rad though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Okay seriously Cowboys this isn't funny anymore

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 5m

Bad news from @dallascowboys camp: DE Demarcus Lawrence just carted off with right lower leg injury. Wasn't putting weight on it

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Grozz Nuy posted:

It would be nice if Anthony Davis flipped the give-a-poo poo switch back on this year. Iupati had nagging injuries all year and that didn't help.

Joe Staley is loving rad though.

Davis was dealing with injuries (that required off-season surgery) last year, too.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I agree, but their defense should take a step back without Johnson and Zimmer.

I can't see the drop off from Zimmer to Guenther being too bad but it'll definitely be a downgrade. But I'm really not too broken up about MJ being gone although the team would undoubtedly be better with him. I mean, the defense definitely got worse after Hall and Atkins got hurt but I'm not so sure them being there turns any losses into wins or anything.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Devonta Freeman is the future

Or something

Jackson will be back before the week 1, according to the announcement.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

Coldforge posted:

Veteran players with a certain number of years in the league aren't subject to waivers, but all young players are.

To be claimed, they have to be signed to the full team roster, and the claims operate with draft order priority (Texans have the first shot at everyone).

Aha! Thanks for the lesson.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I can't see the drop off from Zimmer to Guenther being too bad but it'll definitely be a downgrade. But I'm really not too broken up about MJ being gone although the team would undoubtedly be better with him. I mean, the defense definitely got worse after Hall and Atkins got hurt but I'm not so sure them being there turns any losses into wins or anything.

I've watched three games this past couple of weeks where MJ was the key reason we won. He's a huge omission. The NE game in particular he batted a ton of easy completions and caused pressure every other snap. I like Gillberry a lot and am optimistic re: Hunt. That said, MJ was either the best or second best member of the Bengals defense last year. It was a huge loss.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

MourningView posted:

Lucas Nix started 10 games last year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Charean Williams @NFLCharean · 3m

Cowboys fear DE DeMarcus Lawrence has a broken right foot.

I hope Romo is ready to throw for 500 yards in all 16 games this year.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Benne posted:

I hope Weeden is ready to throw for 500 yards in 14 games this year after Romo's back gives out from carrying the team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, Romo's probably not making it to Week 16 at this rate

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I sure would love to fuckin die

why do I even watch football presesaon hasnt even started

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I sure would love to fuckin die

why do I even watch football presesaon hasnt even started

next week bitch :getin:

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Eifert Posting posted:

I agree, but their defense should take a step back without Johnson and Zimmer.

Losing Zimmer may hurt in the long run, but for now the defensive scheme will remain more or less exactly the same. Meanwhile, watch out for Margus Hunt at LDE now that he has a year under his belt and knows a little bit about football. The Bengals coaches are pretty giddy about him this season.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, if we're lucky he could be almost as good as Michael Johnson was in 2013 (9 PDEF) or 2012 (11.5 sacks).

Dude had more passes swatted down last year than Watt.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 30, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
"Lucky" is the key word there. I refuse to be excited about Hunt until he actually does something. The Bengals should've kept Johnson.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shelley Smith has botched like 5 snaps in camp so far. Miami is going to need a real center to fill in for Pouncey.

He doesn't even need to be good. We just need someone who can get the ball to Tannehill reliably.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just realized the irony of the situation. I am lamenting the loss of Mike Pouncey and his ability to snap the ball properly.

Oh god I'm having flashbacks of John Brantley running after high snaps.

Ehud fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 30, 2014

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Welp, it took all of 2 practices before Pat Angerer needed to be assisted off the field into the trainer's room. :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Welp, it took all of 2 practices before Pat Angerer needed to be assisted off the field into the trainer's room. :smith:

Lets be honest here, man, Pat was only ever a walking injury camp body to help coach all of these rookies.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

"Lucky" is the key word there. I refuse to be excited about Hunt until he actually does something. The Bengals should've kept Johnson.

Didn't they offer him a similar contract to the one Tampa offered him?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Lets be honest here, man, Pat was only ever a walking injury camp body to help coach all of these rookies.

Oh absolutely, you gotta root for a guy with that name though. Hope it's minor.

The odds that Pat and SJax actually making it to Week 1 healthy were 0.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, Romo's probably not making it to Week 16 at this rate

The o-line is still actually really good so there's that at least I guess.

Pat nooooooo

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

korrandark posted:

Didn't they offer him a similar contract to the one Tampa offered him?
If they did, he would've stayed. They offered a similar contract to the one Anthony Collins took with the Bucs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is apparently the Panthers goal line set.

quote:

Ed Dickson, Greg Olsen in two TE set.

Brandon WIlliams, Kelvin Benjamin out wide.'

Cam under Center.

Mike Tolbert in the backfield.

If you're not familiar with Brandon Williams, he's their second year project basketball convert/TE. He's large.

6'4, solid 260.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Looks like he won't be out for long (hopefully)

quote:

vaughn mcclure ‏@vxmcclure23 2m

Apparently LB Pat Angerer was complaining about headaches yesterday and could have a concussion. Will know more tomorrow.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Looks like he won't be out for long (hopefully)

He might also have just been loving dehydrated... which causes headaches.

News at 11, it's hot in Georgia.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

He might also have just been loving dehydrated... which causes headaches.

News at 11, it's hot in Georgia.

It's been like 75 degrees this week.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Geno Atkins has been activated from PUP :woop:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

It's been like 75 degrees this week.

No it hasn't, man. It's been mid 80's to 90's since camp started, yesterday being the coolest at ~80 degrees.

It's chilly as gently caress this morning and I love it... and the birds aren't practicing today.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

Geno Atkins has been activated from PUP :woop:

Great news for the Bengals.

Bad news for everyone who plays the Bengals.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

If you're not familiar with Brandon Williams, he's their second year project basketball convert/TE. He's large.

6'4, solid 260.

Keep going, I'm almost there.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chief on Chief crimes going down, ya'll.

quote:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m

Oof. Breaking ankles RT @adamteicher: Jamaal Charles just put open field move on Commings, who has to be helped off field with injury

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

ozymandius1024 posted:

Keep going, I'm almost there.

Break the eagle's neck

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Atticus Finch posted:

Keeping Johnson would have meant letting go of Green, Dalton or Burfict instead. Hunt was specifically drafted to replace him, and I wager he will. By the way, it took Johnson 3 years to become productive.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Son of a bitch, Sanders Commings just got back on the field today.

Who knows if it's a big deal or not, but there was a lot of hope that he'd be the answer at free safety. And as far as I can tell he's been injured for his entire career so far.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

6'4, solid 260.

The front office is going all in on the "You can't coach big" mantra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

pigdog posted:

Keeping Johnson would have meant letting go of Green, Dalton or Burfict instead. Hunt was specifically drafted to replace him, and I wager he will. By the way, it took Johnson 3 years to become productive.
It didn't have to. If you gave Johnson the contract he currently has with the Bucs, you could very easily have given an extension to Burfict and had money left over. Green is with the team for 2 years, minimum. Dalton could be with the team for one extra year. Both deals can be extended with the franchise tag. None of that even takes into account the growing cap number.

I know Johnson was a long wait, but Johnson also knew what football was and had played it for a while/didn't start his sophomore season as an old man. Hunt is not going to magically replace Johnson. Also, Hunt isn't taking Johnson's spot on the line.

• Locked thread