Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

CaptainHollywood posted:

Now there's no more awkwardness :downs:

Well, she chose me, so that probably won't be happening :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god he tried to promote Dumb Starbucks in a Starbucks parking lot and got in an argument with a Starbucks employee :swoon:

"Maybe this is Banksy" :lol:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Lol Banksy

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

For the first time in my life, it felt like people actually wanted to be around me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This has to be a two-parter.

HAS TO.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This is the best episode of this show and possibly all shows.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This has to be a two-parter.

HAS TO.

No, it's almost over :(

"I thought we were friends" :smith:

Ok, that last shot- was a loving :master: That was probably the endgame the whole time.

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 30, 2014

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Beautiful. I may cry.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That was loving genius. Next week he takes on online dating, oh man.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Outstanding final shot.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

http://stores.ebay.com/Auction-Cause/_i.html?_fsub=6722358014

Jamba Jews

CaptainHollywood fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 30, 2014

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I never thought we could top the Claw of Shame...but here we are. If Nathan keeps turning out gold like this, every season is going to get harder as he gets more recognition.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Is that a dumb protest?

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
Dangit why isn't this on the comedy central website yet? It's still just the apology video for not finishing the episode on time

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

That episode was loving amazing. I'm sold on this guy forever and ever, no matter what he does.

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

Shave tonight, lets get that beard all gone

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Augh, for some reason the Comedy Central app still doesn't have the Dumb Starbucks episode. However, it does have the Internet Dating/Party Planner ep., and without giving anything away I'll just say it has some amazing callbacks and made me cry from laughing on two separate occasions. I think he may also have literally gotten someone fired this time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Next weeks episode is pure gold as always. His weight loss scheme might be the most viable thing I have ever seen on the show.

At this point I'm not worried that he will ever run out of ideas. The only thing that could kill Nathan For You is him inevitably getting too famous for his own good.

I really wish they weren't doing this app thing. I want to watch it with everyone else but I have really bad impulse control.

Edit:

Tacier posted:

I think he may also have literally gotten someone fired this time.

hopefully not. I am little bit bothered that this season has seemed more mean spirited than the first one. It was funny as hell when he made the psychic/exorcist/bad bill gates impersonator look like morons, but in the case of that lady and the realtor part of me was thinking "I really hope you didn't ruin this persons career for your comedy Nathan..." The realtor was nutzo, but still.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 30, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite detail was that he credited the bodybuilding forum with his idea blowing up, just like the petting zoo.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

PostNouveau posted:

I think my favorite detail was that he credited the bodybuilding forum with his idea blowing up, just like the petting zoo.

My favorite part was he called it "a straight bodybuilding message board"

That episode was brilliant. Nathan has really outdone himself. I didn't think the claw of shame would ever be topped as my favorite episode

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even though it's hilarious, I think that actually is the forum that first pointed out his stuff that went viral first.

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

That episode deserves to win some kind of Emmy even if they have to create a new category for it

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Another amazing episode. I bet the original coffee shop owner beat himself up over not going along with it.

Also, Nathan loving with the lawyer was incredible, there's no way that contract would hold up in court, would it?

Sammus fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 30, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I like you the most Nathan. And you're not even my boss.

A bit disappointed that they didn't really show him interact with any customers after the slow first day.

Also that Shart Week thing that popped up on screen really felt like something they made up for this ep.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 30, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was a loving masterpiece. Oh my god. That tops anything else this show has ever done, and any piece of comedy that has aired on TV this year, by a long way. The parody songs and art show were utterly incredible.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
What a perfect episode. All the promise, fulfilled!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
That was entertaining on so many levels. I think my favorite moment is Nathan having to be recognized as a parody artist and leveraging none of his actual talent for it; that joke is so goddamn dense you could pave a street with it.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That was entertaining on so many levels. I think my favorite moment is Nathan having to be recognized as a parody artist and leveraging none of his actual talent for it; that joke is so goddamn dense you could pave a street with it.

Shave tonight.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainHollywood posted:

"Shave tonight"

This was my favorite

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

Here's a good interview with the Co-Creator of Nathan For You

http://www.comedynews.org/inside-039nathan-for-you039-with-co-creator-michael-koman/link/49673/

HIGHLIGHT

quote:

Do you guys ever have ideas for segments that are too ambitious?

Oh yeah. I was so convinced that the centerpiece of the whole season was gonna be — I don’t wanna give away the idea in case it happens in the future, but it required travel to Asia. I just was so convinced that was gonna be the big episode and when we found out we couldn’t afford it, I was just depressed for two weeks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sammus posted:

Also, Nathan loving with the lawyer was incredible, there's no way that contract would hold up in court, would it?

I like that the lawyer keeps rolling with him through 2 seasons despite everything. He seems at least half aware that Nathan is loving with him for laughs with the contract. I doubt the contract would ever hold up since the episode shows it was given to him under false pretenses.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tacier posted:

Augh, for some reason the Comedy Central app still doesn't have the Dumb Starbucks episode. However, it does have the Internet Dating/Party Planner ep., and without giving anything away I'll just say it has some amazing callbacks and made me cry from laughing on two separate occasions. I think he may also have literally gotten someone fired this time.

The girl on the date thinks that we don't know all the answers about 9/11 and that Obama planned the school shootings to get rid of guns. And she thinks that is a good topic for a first date. That poor guy. This show gets things out of people you would never in a million years expect.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Chinese Dragon Rentals in China

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
As an added bonus, when Nathan's parody music flops, he says "it seems that people aren't really into parody music lately", which is a week after Weird Al's album hit #1.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I was hoping more "L@@K AUTH DUMB STARBUCKS BANKSY???" listings would be up on eBay but there's only a few cups and poo poo left. I guess the fake market dried up with the airing of the episode.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

As an added bonus, when Nathan's parody music flops, he says "it seems that people aren't really into parody music lately", which is a week after Weird Al's album hit #1.

That explains why it wasn't ready on the Comedy Central App last week. He probably added that joke last minute specifically.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

CaptainHollywood posted:

That explains why it wasn't ready on the Comedy Central App last week. He probably added that joke last minute specifically.

I think that was just a happy coincidence to be honest. CC knew this would be the most anticipated episode of the season and probably just wanted people to watch it on tv as much as possible. Its funnier if they didn't add it in later.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think that was just a happy coincidence to be honest. CC knew this would be the most anticipated episode of the season and probably just wanted people to watch it on tv as much as possible. Its funnier if they didn't add it in later.

He said he wasn't finished editing the episode, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The sign at the end was actually kinda heartwarming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eb
May 6, 2003
The lawyer part was too god drat hilarious, it was comedy perfection.

• Locked thread