Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

seriously its because the tests are only just now becoming a possible reality. basically what i'm saying is give it time.

my fiancee and i are expecting and we are getting the blood test done this week and if it tests positive for DS she said she would keep it. i may have to sever.

How did this subject come up? Do either of you have a family history of Down's syndrome or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

turdriver posted:

bc op wopullnt be here haha op your retarded

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Clochette posted:

How did this subject come up? Do either of you have a family history of Down's syndrome or what?

she does have a low functioning autist brother but i assumed the obgyn told us that its a recommended test, regardless of any family history. of course im sure it would have came up eventually since i think its common to think about everything that could go wrong when you're pregnant.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ur still going to be raising the downy even if you sever.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

with a paycheck but i wouldnt have to look at or listen to it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Xaris posted:

well except then they'll demand that public education gives them private tutors and healthcare to fix all the hosts of problems at the taxpayers expense and subsidize their willingly downie. then if the parents somehow outlive their downie, the downie will become homeless, possibly violent or something and will end up in jail taking up space and costing you money. at least smokers pay taxes on cigerettes and alcholics pay alcohol tax. there should be a down syndrome tax

execute kids with cancer too imho

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011

waitwhatno posted:

because last time we tried to mess around with this stuff we blacked out and woke up the next morning totally hung over, with no pants on and millions of vaguely jewish-looking people gone missing

so the first release had a few bugs.

big fuckin deal.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Clochette posted:

It's a standard test that they offer to every pregnant woman nowadays, so it's pretty normal for it to come up in conversation. Especially since some women decide that they're so sure that they'd keep it anyway that some of them refuse the tests (even though the tests are covered by insurance, or in the case of California, paid for by the state.)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

waitwhatno posted:

because last time we tried to mess around with this stuff we blacked out and woke up the next morning totally hung over, with no pants on and millions of vaguely jewish-looking people gone missing

well you see, jewish people aren't retards, qed

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

StashAugustine posted:

execute kids with cancer too imho

well if they rolled around in spent fuel rods then...

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

well if they rolled around in spent fuel rods then...

kids bodies can shut down legitimate down sydrome

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Clochette posted:

idk maybe it seems like a legitimate worry for a lot of potential parents?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

its really common in older mothers (35+)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

euphronius posted:

its really common in older mothers (35+)

So am I ;D

Ladies; Call me Downs Syndrome because I'm really common in older mothers (35+)

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

she does have a low functioning autist brother but i assumed the obgyn told us that its a recommended test, regardless of any family history. of course im sure it would have came up eventually since i think its common to think about everything that could go wrong when you're pregnant.

The worst thing that could go wrong when you are pregnant is that you have a kid. I mean, I guess you could have a kid with Issues, but either way you have to raise some feeble-minded piss and poo poo machine with no recourse save for the sweet embrace of death.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hmm. I think this should go to Debate and Discussion, the forum for debating.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Hmm. I think this should go to Debate and Discussion, the forum for debating.

this is the third thread in three clicks youve posted that

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Melchior posted:

this is the third thread in three clicks youve posted that

Thank you, I was wondering.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
And hey you could cure the AIDS epidemic if you just killed everyone who has AIDS.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

GORDON posted:

And hey you could cure the AIDS epidemic if you just killed everyone who has AIDS.

ahahaha yes we definitely effectively treat and search for a cure for downs syndrome

but yeah if I knew my fetus had aids I would want it aborted also

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
If there are no kids with down syndrome then all the sexually repressed baseball coaches are gonna start going after the normal kids and loving them up for life.

There's a silver lining to everything.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
If you have a downs baby you are just dooming yourself and it to an early, slow, stressful death. That is not good for anyone.

But I mean the baby can smile so I guess that's pretty happy right.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but scorn for anyone who purposefully brings this kind of kid into the world. It's one thing if the dice rolls and it happens, that's life. To otherwise know and just go "but it's OUR BABY :byodame:" because of some stupid bit of human ego that makes you think you and your offspring are somehow special isn't brave, it's selfish.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

The worst thing that could go wrong when you are pregnant is that you have a kid. I mean, I guess you could have a kid with Issues, but either way you have to raise some feeble-minded piss and poo poo machine with no recourse save for the sweet embrace of death.

...yeah

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

seriously its because the tests are only just now becoming a possible reality. basically what i'm saying is give it time.

my fiancee and i are expecting and we are getting the blood test done this week and if it tests positive for DS she said she would keep it. i may have to sever.

there's always a hot car... reddit has some sweet tips

just dont wait till it's more than 1 year old or it's illegal

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

how many of you guys got cucked by charming downs kids? downs peeps are like the least annoying of all retards

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
instead of aborting the sterile happy people let's kill the depressed sadbrains that keep spreading their seed like a bunch of destructive viruses

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

instead of aborting the sterile happy people let's kill the depressed sadbrains that keep spreading their seed like a bunch of destructive viruses

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

sadbrains isnt genetic

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

sadbrains isnt genetic

yea but being raised by one it might as well be.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

yea but being raised by one it might as well be.

i agree death to america

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
People have been using the 90% statistic for abortion of Down's fetuses, but it's only in Europe that 92% of them are aborted. In the US, it's 67%, which means the US is going to end up with 4 times as many down's syndrome sufferers per capita if they don't do something about it. More actually, given the higher birth rate. Apparently the trend has been the exact opposite of that in recent years though, with more people deciding to keep their Down's babies. Makes me glad to live in Denmark, where free screening and a more lax attitude to abortion means the last Down's baby is going to be born in 2030 if the trends of the last decade holds.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

sadbrains isnt genetic

pretty sure it is, actually.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's looking very much like the people who go on reddit to see how bat poo poo insane the average 14 year old is these days have become infected

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Tuxedo Gin posted:

pretty sure it is, actually.

there are genetic factors but if you gas solve all the sadbrains, more will happen anyway

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
we shouldn't kill them imo but they should be sterilized asap same goes for any serious birth defects really, no point in killing them but they shouldn't be allowed to infect the gene pull any further

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

A Buttery Pastry posted:

People have been using the 90% statistic for abortion of Down's fetuses, but it's only in Europe that 92% of them are aborted. In the US, it's 67%, which means the US is going to end up with 4 times as many down's syndrome sufferers per capita if they don't do something about it. More actually, given the higher birth rate. Apparently the trend has been the exact opposite of that in recent years though, with more people deciding to keep their Down's babies. Makes me glad to live in Denmark, where free screening and a more lax attitude to abortion means the last Down's baby is going to be born in 2030 if the trends of the last decade holds.

So what your saying is that Americans are idiots about fetuses? Color me surprised.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Lazyfire posted:

So what your saying is that Americans are idiots about fetuses? Color me surprised.

Also they won't inoculate them and they will die horrible painful miserable deaths

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Is there government aid available if you end up the parent of a mongoloid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Melchior posted:

Also they won't inoculate them and they will die horrible painful miserable deaths

they also oppose vitamin k shots which prevent like 4/1000 babbies from bleeding into their skulls

its loving vitamin k

why

• Locked thread