Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

SlipUp posted:

the robinson injury stings but it's doubtful anyone is gonna mourn the loss of tandon doss

No, but at some point you need a body to line up someone outside the tight end who knows the playbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not that doss changed anything but you can't realistically put bortles out there this year with these assholes.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wait, what happened to Shorts?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

WR1
1. Cecil Shorts
2. Allen Robinson
3. Tandon Doss
4. Chad Bumphis
5. Allen Hurns
WR2
1. Marqise Lee
2. Mike Brown
3. Ace Sanders
4. Lamaar Thomas
5. Kerry Taylor
WR3
1. Allen Robinson

They of course have Marquise Lee, but Mike Brown is barely a WR4 and the rest of the dudes are practice squad material. Dear lord

Is there a reason Blackmon isn't on the list?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Chichevache posted:

Is there a reason Blackmon isn't on the list?

ooh I just grabbed the roster off of Rotoworld, I guess indefinite suspension takes you off

Great White Hope posted:

Wait, what happened to Shorts?

Injured Hammy

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

Injured Hammy

Well crap. At least it sounds like he'll be back in time for the start of the season.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Nail Rat posted:

Word is he tore his quad. Again. :lol: :shepicide:

Thanks for taking the line seriously, Grigs.

Well, Grigson did use the very first pick he had in the draft on a projected interior lineman, who will now be competing for the starting spot, so he's taking the line a little seriously.

I honestly figured Mewhort would win the job from Thomas at some point during the season unless Thomas just blew everybody away. The big loss with Thomas (as I see it) is that he was our backup plan at center, so now we'll probably have to keep a dedicated center behind Khaled Holmes.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Holy poo poo did you make that because :lol:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Holy poo poo did you make that because :lol:

I had a little free time yesterday and schaubsquat.jpg was sitting right there on my hard drive

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chris James 2 posted:

RT @APMarkLong: Jaguars WR Tandon Doss down and in serious pain. Possible broken right ankle

That's actually pretty good news for Jacksonville. You're much better off throwing UDFAs at the jugs machine than you are actually starting Tandon Doss.

E: Ravens Rookie DE Brett Urban has an ACL tear.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 31, 2014

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Ehud posted:

Me and you.

Wut? I thought we were trying out for Center this Saturday at Miami's scrimmage :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We were talking about rookie TEs earlier and welp

quote:

Rookie TE Jace Amaro suggested going from Texas Tech's offense to the Jets is like going from Chinese to English.

Amaro is reportedly struggling so badly that he's begun frustrating teammates, including Geno Smith. After another drop in Wednesday's practice, one teammate yelled "Can't catch a cold" at Amaro, who was later taken aside by GM John Idzik. Amaro should be left off the re-draft radar in fantasy leagues.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Post that poo poo in the farthouse

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Benne posted:

We were talking about rookie TEs earlier and welp

lol Jets

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Every player I really wanted in the draft seems to be doing pretty bad in camp. Makes me feel good I guess.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah, I was especially mad about the Chiefs not having a 2nd round pick because I desired Jace Amaro. Now I feel good, I hope this doesn't change

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's fine, everything's fine. He'll be good when the regular season starts, I'm sure of it.

Even if he can't understand the playbook and drops half of what's thrown at him, he'll still be an improvement over last season.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 1, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

zimbomonkey posted:

Every player I really wanted in the draft seems to be doing pretty bad in camp. Makes me feel good I guess.

You could be a great scout you just are completely wrong

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Two years ago, Eric Weddle said he was gonna grow his beard until the Chargers got to the Superbowl.

2012:

2014:

Brett Kiesel literally grew that same beard in a single offseason.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You could be a great scout you just are completely wrong

Well now TB has done an about-face on ASJ so I don't know what the gently caress.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Meanwhile, his replacement beard...

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

sirtommygunn posted:

It's fine, everything's fine. He'll be good when the regular season starts, I'm sure of it.

Even if he can't understand the playbook and drops half of what's thrown at him, he'll still be an improvement over last season.

When Keller left I thought 'sure, he's a decent part of the offense and a mostly reliable target but we should be able to replace him, right?'

Wrong :smith:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why are white dudes rocking Civil War era facial hair these days, I seen it everywhere and its weird

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

Why are white dudes rocking Civil War era facial hair these days, I seen it everywhere and its weird

Soup-catchers are comin' back, man.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Pron on VHS posted:

Everyone wants to be a special unique snowflake and they all do it the same loving way.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

The only concern I've got is Ealy is apparently getting a lot of coaching but I guess having Johnson and the Kraken as your litmus test isn't easy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
As a big fan of the movie Jeremiah Johnson I have no problem with the beards

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

As a big fan of the movie Jeremiah Johnson I have no problem with the beards

As a man with a luxurious beard, beards own.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
In other Cool-Catches-With-Unnecessary-Epic-Music news, Davante Adams made a really nice one handed grab: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152539262470073

(sorry for the facebook link but it doesn't seem to be on the Packers website.)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

FizFashizzle posted:

Not that doss changed anything but you can't realistically put bortles out there this year with these assholes.

I don't think they intended to, Jacksonville's gonna be revving up the Hennewagon.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

BlindSite posted:

The only concern I've got is Ealy is apparently getting a lot of coaching but I guess having Johnson and the Kraken as your litmus test isn't easy.

He'll be fine. Carolina seems to be slightly above average at drafting linebackers and d-line. Receivers, well... :lol:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I don't think they intended to, Jacksonville's gonna be revving up the Hennewagon.

They swore they'd sit him for the whole year and so far I think they mean it. Khan seems pretty patient and set on doing this rebuild the right way and I think he's in touch enough to know that throwing Bortles in too soon could ruin him. I really hope they let Bradley have the time he needs to clear out the dreck and get a good team together.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BlindSite posted:

As a man with a luxurious beard, beards own.

I've got a Grizzly Adams beard, so I agree

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Who else are they going to coach?

Hardy and Johnson are a premier tandem, and apparently Mario freakin Addison is a monster or something.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Jared Abbrederis missed practice today with an unspecificed knee injury. Mike McCarthy dodged questions on the issue and there are now rumors that he blew his ACL. Rough break if so.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oliver Vernon looks like he's gotten even stronger but who knows.

I've got a chubby thinking about Miamis defensive line. poo poo they're good.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And now to the Miami offensive line,

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

anime gently caress pillow posted:

And now to the Miami offensive line,

That's what he thinks about instead of cold showers and baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Eric Berry's carting off yesterday was because of an 'heel injury' which supposedly isn't a big deal and he'll just rest it for a few days. He's supposedly walking without a limp. Also Marcus Cooper was a full participant in practice after some hamstring deal yesterday.

Oh and for ivy league fans Mike Catapano has the flu but supposedly has looked pretty good.

e: Heel not ankle

Wow I didn't realize my distrust of SBNation reporting was forcing me to put the word supposedly in everywhere. The distrust itself is good but I don't like that side effect.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 1, 2014

• Locked thread