Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

The Hammerer has voted for Somberbrero!

Capppppppppppppps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
tear is scum too

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was a vig!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
haha i trick all of you so go you never suspected the hammer would vote himself

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

tear is scum too

then why would you not be pushing tear???

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

then why would you not be pushing tear???

i mostly been sitting back and trying to figure out what is going on with this setup by pushing random buttons

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
for example these levers

i mean i haven't touched any of those yet because knowing dwarf fortress one will fill the place with magma

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Capps, what happened when you fulfilled the mandate?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
bullshit, i want levers

A double-vote is a pretty huge power for scum soooo i guess capps is town. I also think yuming is town. I don't want to lynch any noble. Kumba was a really early vote on Jefe and stirred up a lot of the initial pressure. I guess Fry is town but I'm kinda having trouble with that. Opoppa has some weird tonal shifts but his reads feel genuine.

yep still feel best about ac.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Opopanax posted:

Capps, what happened when you fulfilled the mandate?

Nothing. Mandates in DF don't give you jack poo poo, they just limit you to doing things, mine is if the vote candidate the mayor is voting is at -1 my extra vote moves to the player immediately.

I think if there are any special conditions that have effects after they fulfilled it will be the demands if those pop up.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

bullshit, i want levers

i am pretty sure its some bizzare night action so just get visited by someone

which one should i pull, i have to pull one before the next night, lets let the thread vote for it:
lever 1, 2, and 3 are your options

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

i am pretty sure its some bizzare night action so just get visited by someone

which one should i pull, i have to pull one before the next night, lets let the thread vote for it:
lever 1, 2, and 3 are your options

if i get lynched 1, if AC gets lynched 2, and any other outcomes for 3.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

yep still feel best about ac.

Remind me of your case on ac?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

Remind me of your case on ac?

I don't really have one, I just feel better about everyone else besides him. Part of it is lack of activity, but what little content he has isn't great either. The 'readlist' he posted only calls Fry scum and opts out of opinions on most of the other players.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I don't really have one, I just feel better about everyone else besides him. Part of it is lack of activity, but what little content he has isn't great either. The 'readlist' he posted only calls Fry scum and opts out of opinions on most of the other players.

I ran out of time. I have a life outside of internet mafia. S'why I was saying I may need an alternate.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I figured I should post what thoughts I had instead of just more nothing.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Fair enough, I just didn't remember one and thought I had missed it so I wanted to check and find out.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

apostateCourier posted:

I ran out of time. I have a life outside of internet mafia. S'why I was saying I may need an alternate.

dude, before right now you had 16 real posts over the course of the game, if you count one-word posts. I too have poo poo to do, but if you're gonna play then play.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

dude, before right now you had 16 real posts over the course of the game, if you count one-word posts. I too have poo poo to do, but if you're gonna play then play.

The head injury didn't help anything either. I fully intend to play, and this lurker call-out is starting to get annoying. chaoslord is also post-deficient, if that's what you're basing your case on, and more egregiously so. Granted, he also has a drat good reason for not posting so drop the lurker angle please.

I find MEDS' call-out of Hal interesting. Not sure what else, but it's interesting, and "OTHER" aligned isn't quite the slam dunk case MEDS seems to think it was, but it's still something to think about.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The point isn't that you're lurking, it's that it seems like at this point you are almost aggressively avoiding giving any actual opinions on other players. "Interesting" isn't an actual opinion, neither are "not enough to go on" or "calling attention to people that aren't lynch leaders, null tell?"

I am genuinely sorry that you hit your head! I am just trying to kill scum and I can't find a single point in your favor.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

apostateCourier posted:

The head injury didn't help anything either. I fully intend to play, and this lurker call-out is starting to get annoying. chaoslord is also post-deficient, if that's what you're basing your case on, and more egregiously so. Granted, he also has a drat good reason for not posting so drop the lurker angle please.

I find MEDS' call-out of Hal interesting. Not sure what else, but it's interesting, and "OTHER" aligned isn't quite the slam dunk case MEDS seems to think it was, but it's still something to think about.

Yeah. Family stuff + newbie means I am very post shy. But that's not the point! I agree about the call out of Hal being interesting. Like, great, we know there is another noble and with all the nobles in the game so far that narrows the pool of potential scum down to like 8 players. That's good to know.

The part that gets me with Meds is what comes after calling Hal out as OTHER. Meds says "Go for it, lynch someone other than the vampire. Go ahead. I'll just wait here being dead and not brewing drink". Then when it becomes clear that we aren't going to lynch Hal, both Hurt and Meds basically say "we are dead forever now". Also, Hal claims to have borrowed a shovel but it looks like Meds is claiming he is vampire.

Hal, why would Meds think you are a vampire?

Taste, can you shed some more light on the situation since you're a spirit now?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

The point isn't that you're lurking, it's that it seems like at this point you are almost aggressively avoiding giving any actual opinions on other players. "Interesting" isn't an actual opinion, neither are "not enough to go on" or "calling attention to people that aren't lynch leaders, null tell?"

I am genuinely sorry that you hit your head! I am just trying to kill scum and I can't find a single point in your favor.

I have actual opinions down, you are cherry picking out areas where I'm not sure what to think.

Capps confuses me, but a double vote is probably a town thing and capps confusing me isn't new. Town.

I really don't like tearshed's defense of Fry, I'm convinced that Fry isn't dumb enough to not know what BP is. I also don't like his defense of TT- it looks like scum trying to build town cred by defending someone he knows isn't scum- right before the end of the day, too. Would definitely vote today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

apostateCourier posted:

I have actual opinions down, you are cherry picking out areas where I'm not sure what to think.

I don't think my interpretation is at all unfair. You called fry scum and hopped on the TT turbowagon. Yeah, you're responding to pressure now and I think your point against tearshed makes sense, but I still would be happy to vote you.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well we haven't voted the other nobles, and my win condition doesn't involve anything bad happening to the town so I'm happy to help town as much as possible.

I thought I was responsible for people talking because I borrowed a shovel from someone two nights ago and I assumed that was the person responsible for burying dwarves so they couldn't do their job, but they have it back so I guess I was wrong.

this sounds like horseshit, and in fact we did vote a noble to death (3E)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
3e wasn't killed for being a noble though

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think my interpretation is at all unfair. You called fry scum and hopped on the TT turbowagon. Yeah, you're responding to pressure now and I think your point against tearshed makes sense, but I still would be happy to vote you.

Of course I jumped on the TT turbo wagon, his hard defenses of people were completely baseless, and his defense made no sense. Now we know he was dumb and not scum, but if the same pattern happened again you bet your rear end I'd vote for him again.

As for calling Fry scum, I think he's scum. I have said why. Why are you bringing that up alongside accusing me of bandwagoning?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
while true, i see no reason to accept noble claims at face-value at this point. given we already have a claimed noble who gained no pressure, it is the perfect thing to claim as scum at this point in the game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

apostateCourier posted:

Of course I jumped on the TT turbo wagon, his hard defenses of people were completely baseless, and his defense made no sense. Now we know he was dumb and not scum, but if the same pattern happened again you bet your rear end I'd vote for him again.

As for calling Fry scum, I think he's scum. I have said why. Why are you bringing that up alongside accusing me of bandwagoning?

It's not about the content of your cases, I'm saying those are the two opinions you've offered up the whole game, so your cherry-picking defense is baseless. You called someone scum on day one and have ridden it out by restating the same reasoning and voted someone that everyone else was voting for obvious reasons, those are hardly actual opinions.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kumbamontu posted:

while true, i see no reason to accept noble claims at face-value at this point. given we already have a claimed noble who gained no pressure, it is the perfect thing to claim as scum at this point in the game.

Right, but Betrayer didn't say I was scum (invasion) aligned, we dont even know what faction he was and he could easily just have been trying to discredit me.

Do you have a reason to vote me other than meds claim?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I seriously can't figure out how to play around the Nobles mechanic. I feel like if we're going to lynch any claimed Noble, we'll lose because there's enough of them that, even if a scum has claimed Noble, it'll take long enough to get there that the game will be over. If we don't lynch claimed Nobles, then scum can claim that alignment with impunity.

I dunno, it's almost like Poison Mushroom expects us to play mafia or something.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I believe meds was town, he claimed you are not, you confirmed you are not. Worst case scenario we lose a noble, best case you're an opportunistic scum who tried to 3P claim after Grandi got away with it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wasn't dumb, I wa obviously a pr telling the truth

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
janitored flips suck

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

I wasn't dumb, I wa obviously a pr telling the truth

the way you went about it was really dumb, hth

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

I believe meds was town, he claimed you are not, you confirmed you are not. Worst case scenario we lose a noble, best case you're an opportunistic scum who tried to 3P claim after Grandi got away with it

Yeah, okay. This makes a lot of sense.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the nobles are just a faction of bastard roles

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let's turbo Hal to make TT shut up ##vote hal

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
majority of nobles are probably town aligned
some nobles might be third party aligned
the vampire is probably a noble and is actually probably scum aligned

what they all have in common though is that they are all bastard roles

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Right, but Betrayer didn't say I was scum (invasion) aligned, we dont even know what faction he was and he could easily just have been trying to discredit me.

Do you have a reason to vote me other than meds claim?

He didn't say noble aligned either. He got NK'd, and there has only been one NK per night. Barring shenanigans with a PGO or something like that, he was likely town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

majority of nobles are probably town aligned
some nobles might be third party aligned
the vampire is probably a noble and is actually probably scum aligned

what they all have in common though is that they are all bastard roles

nobles are an alignment by themselves though though? you can't be noble-scum because that makes as much sense as saying town-scum. there is no reason scum can't claim nobles though, as it seems they can't talk oot.

sorry, am I really stupid and misunderstanding this?

• Locked thread