Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Korranus posted:

And nobody wants to know what A&M's smells like

Do they make a Yankee Candle of 8 month old fecal matter mixed with period blood and semen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Do they make a Yankee Candle of 8 month old fecal matter mixed with period blood and semen?

this is a pretty apt description of walking past any Hollister

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

MourningView posted:

Oh yeah the transfer thing. But calling them "West Georgia" is a thing, right? I swear it is. I don't get that.

It is a thing among the Updyke variety. The kind of people that think saying "UGAy" is funny/damning say that and think it's funny.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
LSU tickets should come with a free sample of Les's special blend of grass seed

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Numlock posted:

Wet Dead Dog.

Fixed.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Get ready

quote:

Free agent Brady Quinn has been hired by FOX Sports as a college football announcer.
Quinn said just last month that he hoped to continue his playing career, but he apparently didn't like his odds of finding a home for the 2014 season. Quinn spent time with the Seahawks, Jets and Rams in 2013, but failed to attempt a single pass before undergoing back surgery in November. One of the bigger draft busts in recent memory, Quinn turns 30 in October. He's almost certainly played his final down.
Source: NFL.com Jul 31 - 7:04 PM

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

:siren: scandal watch :siren: Penn State has posted a position for matching band director and neither the current director nor university has responded to media inquiries.

I'm pretty sure Bundy is supposed to be retired right now, according to band gossip. I thought that happened already, but various web things still have him around and directing the band this year. Hmm

The job is going to Biggers. There's a reason they hired him last year

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 1, 2014

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Isn't Bundy in his 70s?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Holy poo poo I was in the band and even I wanna slit my wrists from reading this conversation.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sash! posted:

Isn't Bundy in his 70s?

Quick math puts him at 66. Hm, that's younger than I thought.

From my understanding, Bundy planned on retiring sooner rather than later and lets Penn State know. The chief assistant that been there a while now, Drane, only has a masters. PSU wants/requires a PhD to direct the Blue Band. So they hire Biggers last year and learns the ropes as PSU apparently promised him the director's job whenever Bundy retires. Which was supposed to happen over the summer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Komet posted:

:siren: scandal watch :siren: Penn State has posted a position for matching band director and neither the current director nor university has responded to media inquiries.

Had to let the old guy go, he couldn't stop playing in A minor.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Frackie Robinson posted:

Had to let the old guy go, he couldn't stop playing in A minor.

Not bad. :golfclap:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DOOP posted:

The job is going to Biggers. There's a reason they hired him last year

This post. This is it. The bottom of the offseason. It only goes up from here.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Thoguh posted:

This post. This is it. The bottom of the offseason. It only goes up from here.

No, that happened when people started debating what Alabama smells like. Which might actually have been the lowest low point in any offseason thread ever.

At least the whole LSU = corndogs was funny because...I mean, corndogs?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rutgers smells like a burning subterranean landfill

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Alouicious posted:

rutgers smells like a burning subterranean landfill

Spoken like a true enemy of Rutgers Athletics.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i live like <5 miles away from where that thing was

the burning subterranean landfill, not Rutgers

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sash! posted:

No, that happened when people started debating what Alabama smells like. Which might actually have been the lowest low point in any offseason thread ever.

At least the whole LSU = corndogs was funny because...I mean, corndogs?

I've tailgated at LSU and have legitimately never seen a corndog.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

bhsman posted:

There's no actual logic to it. Story goes that an Auburn fan was at a Nebraska game and heard the opposing fans call them "corndogs" for obvious reasons. He then takes that home and starts using it for LSU fans and it somehow sticks, despite being completely divorced of context.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

There's no actual logic to it. Story goes that an Auburn fan was at a Nebraska game and heard the opposing fans call them "corndogs" for obvious reasons. He then takes that home and starts using it for LSU fans and it somehow sticks, despite being completely divorced of context.

Completely divorced of context is about 92% of why college athletics rules.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

bhsman posted:

I've never set foot in Louisiana, but I have to think LSU has the best tailgating food around. How could it not?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Thermos H Christ posted:

I've never set foot in Louisiana, but I have to think LSU has the best tailgating food around. How could it not?

It does and the whole "corndog" thing is due to Auburn fans being some of the most tame in the SEC, so they just use an insult from another team in another conference.

(No knock on AU, mind. It's the only place I've traveled to in the SEC that I haven't been threatened with a beating/asswhipping/tar-and-feathering)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The corndog thing is actually super funny.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Death To Akron

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

The corndog thing is actually super funny.

I've seen a few tailgate spots just rolling with it the past few seasons & throwing some on the grill.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Death To Akron

Too late.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I've seen a few tailgate spots just rolling with it the past few seasons & throwing some on the grill.

Wait, they grilled an already fried corndog?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Scarf posted:

Wait, they grilled an already fried corndog?

No, they took frozen corndogs & threw them on the grill.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

C2C - 2.0 posted:

So, yes?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C2C - 2.0 posted:

that is not how you cook corn dogs

how the gently caress do Louisianans of all people gently caress up frying something

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\Yes, yes...question the ability of our natives' cooking ability?/\/\/\

Is it starting to become clear to you & others in this thread who are much more versed in the way of the Corndog that I'm not terribly familiar with them and am only telling you what I've seen?

EDIT: I suppose maybe they were reheating them? You know grilles are capable of doing that, miracle of miracles!

C2C - 2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 1, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This just makes the odor that much more baffling.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

This just makes the odor that much more baffling.

I dunno' guys, it's mostly the children eating them. I'll be sure to sample the corndog wares this season & report back (I'll likely love them and fulfill my destiny of becoming a fat SEC goon or something).

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Pro tip: wrap the corndog in bacon. Fry again.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

You cook it in the oven if you have time.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Frackie Robinson posted:

You cook it in the oven if you have time.

No time for that: assuming a 6 or 7 pm kick-off, I drink my meals all day starting at around 7 am.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Thermos H Christ posted:

Elementary: there are better things to cook and eat than corndogs. :eng101:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have never been able to resist a corndog but I have also never thoroughly enjoyed one. They are always like a 6/10 food yet inexplicably appealing. Maybe it's my Midwestern blood.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Akron, Kill It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Gimme a Sillicon Valley Fire Hydrant (bourbon w/Soylent)

• Locked thread