Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

What a fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Maybe our suspicions have something to do with your posting, Opop :allears:

I would still be ok with an Opop vote, but I like the Burgen "I'm going to let dead merk have done the work for me - oh wait that's bad? well I'm new to this game but won't actually do any work still after being called out to it" case better atm.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

Pretty sure it's racism

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Opopanax (2): kaschei, apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Asiina
King Burgundy (2): Quidnose, greatZebu
Hal Incandenza (1): King Burgundy
Quidnose (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier

Not Voting (4): apostateCourier, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, Opopanax

There are 9 living players. It takes 5 votes to lynch!

The current deadline is August 01st, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I would still be ok with an Opop vote, but I like the Burgen "I'm going to let dead merk have done the work for me - oh wait that's bad? well I'm new to this game but won't actually do any work still after being called out to it" case better atm.

So I reread the thread just now, and combed through individual posters history, and I'm really not seeing the reason for the focus on me Quid. I know you don't like my low effort retread of Merk's cases, but after looking back through the thread, that is more effort than almost everyone else in the thread has put forth at this point. As long as others continue to go days without even posting, and those who are posting are mostly not doing much, it makes it awfully hard for me to build a solid case that isn't just "look at how this person never answered these questions" or "look at how this person doesn't post".

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't checked, but I would be willing to bet I am somewhere in the middle in terms of posting this game.

You definitely aren't the guy with the lowest post count, I'll give you that. FV,Great Zebu and AC have less to say. Having read the thread again, it certainly feels like all AC is doing is hopping around from vote to vote and not contributing anything of any meaning. Seems pretty scummy.

apostateCourier posted:

:supaburn: ##vote opop
##unvote I'm not that stupid don't worry

This post hit me wrong, "Look I'm jumping on another joke vote! Just Kidding! See, I'm still here doing things guys!"

##vote apostateCourier

Hi AC! Who do you think is scum and why?

Also, Hal, next time you grace us with your presence, have you formed any opinions yet?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

9 hours left. Helllllllooooooooooooo?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Let's spice this game up. Somebody claim.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

This post hit me wrong, "Look I'm jumping on another joke vote! Just Kidding! See, I'm still here doing things guys!"

Don't do capps's thing that's capps's thing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Let's spice this game up. Somebody claim.

I'm a 2x4 grey block!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm a 2x4 grey block!

NO YOU'RE NOT I'M wait I'm a different color

got my eye on you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also KB I graced you with my opinion on noted badguy Captain Foo yesterday, learn to appreciate.

I'm driving across the country so posting is a bit spotty.

I'm still suspicious of people who wanted to put the brakes on the Foo vote yesterday which was quidnose, asiina and someone else.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm a 2x4 grey block!

Cool!

I'm a 2x4 white block.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also KB I graced you with my opinion on noted badguy Captain Foo yesterday, learn to appreciate.

I'm driving across the country so posting is a bit spotty.

I'm still suspicious of people who wanted to put the brakes on the Foo vote yesterday which was quidnose, asiina and someone else.

This is stupid, Hal.

Foo was 3P. Scum would have thought he was town, you dumb, they wouldn't care what happened to him.

Why are you saying things that don't make sense?

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

This is stupid, Hal.

Foo was 3P. Scum would have thought he was town, you dumb, they wouldn't care what happened to him.

Why are you saying things that don't make sense?

##vote Hal

No, it makes perfect sense. Scum would think foo was town and want to look townie by arguing against the lynch so when he flipped town they would have clean hands. Since foo wasn't acting town at all there wasn't any other good reason to take a hard stance against it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You could say this no matter how Foo flipped though.

If Foo had turned out scum you could say let's look at the people who didn't want Foo lynched.

Also you just called him "noted badguy" when he was a Survivor, not necessarily a bad guy.

I'm starting to think you're not a bad guy you just don't even know who the bad guys are in this game.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

Don't do capps's thing that's capps's thing

I thoughts Capps's thing was posting insanely clipped sentences without proper grammar, punctuation or sense?

Also, AC, you still haven't really taken a stand on anything, and you are one of four who hasn't bothered to place a vote yet today. Honestly, I'm feeling better about my vote on you the more time passes. Anyone want to join me?

Having said that though, there aren't really enough people in this game for so many of you to be such wallflowers. Someone has to do something. It isn't just AC.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

I thoughts Capps's thing was posting insanely clipped sentences without proper grammar, punctuation or sense?

Also, AC, you still haven't really taken a stand on anything, and you are one of four who hasn't bothered to place a vote yet today. Honestly, I'm feeling better about my vote on you the more time passes. Anyone want to join me?

Having said that though, there aren't really enough people in this game for so many of you to be such wallflowers. Someone has to do something. It isn't just AC.

Cool that's fine trying to have fun here goofing off. You're thinking right though honestly. I'm cool with voting Hal though, and I don't like asiina pulling off of him. ##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

Cool that's fine trying to have fun here goofing off. You're thinking right though honestly. I'm cool with voting Hal though, and I don't like asiina pulling off of him. ##vote Hal

What? Why?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dunno. Oh wait no Quidnose was the one that cribbed merk's post, you were the target. ##vote Quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

No, that was Burgundy.

##vote AC you are all over the place and seen to have no idea what is going in.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Was it? Oh. ##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

I suffered an injury to the head recently and am just trying to have fun instead of thinking too hard.

Uhhh, how serious was this AC? Maybe you should get some more rest?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
aC clearly wants to get lynched. Thats what all his ridiculous no-content vote hopping indicates to me and I'm happy to oblige.

##vote aC

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, it makes perfect sense. Scum would think foo was town and want to look townie by arguing against the lynch so when he flipped town they would have clean hands. Since foo wasn't acting town at all there wasn't any other good reason to take a hard stance against it.

I agree with this, and I thought the same thing D1. Both Asiina and Opop commented that they thought there was scum on the vote despite voting it anyway. To me that is a particularly scummy comment because

a) it contradicts with the fact that they are voting that player.
b) it gives them an excuse to make their vote look better after the player flips town

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I don't like the way that this turbo materialized. It makes me feel there are scum on it.

That said, I'm on it now because of Foo's reaction to your obvious joke was way too serious and looked like panic.

This is the post from Asiina that stood out to me on D1. I dont understand how these two opinions are not contradictory. She thinks the turbo gained momentum from scum voting on it, but at the same time tries to justify voting for it anyway.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry I'm not very with it. But take a look at f_v for voting to get rid of a distraction, instead of to get rid of scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

greatZebu posted:

I read Hal as saying that he wouldn't have tried to turbo Foo if he'd done something notably townie, but since he hadn't Foo was fair game. That seems like a straightforward explanation to me (although i think the whole "rush of the turbo" thing is silly). I'm not sure what you're looking for, and this line of questioning seems like "hey everybody look I'm investigating" posturing that doesn't actually help clarify anything.

I dont like this vote from GZ. Hal had already explained his opinion. GZ seems to be defending Hal and trying to make Quidnose look bad, but without providing much of an opinion or vote on Quid.

The rest of his posts seem ok to me, but if Hal or GZ do flip scum, I think this post is worth going back to look at.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

Sorry I'm not very with it. But take a look at f_v for voting to get rid of a distraction, instead of to get rid of scum.

You're not a distraction because no one is paying attention to you.

I'll switch to Asiina, I think she's scum. Who do you think is scum aC? You've been asked before in this game and haven't actually given an opinion.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am not a scum fv, how could you say that!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I am not a scum fv, how could you say that!

explain how you vote for Foo when you think scum are too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I thought maybe Opop had a point that they could be bussing. He said it as "no matter how Foo turns out there are scum on this vote" but that's what I took it to mean.

It wasn't really a strong conviction anyway but rather a bad feeling, but his freaking out over Hal's joke claim was enough to overcome my concern about the vote and actually turn my attention to Foo himself.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

hey aC, still waiting to hear that opinion on who you think is scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I thought maybe Opop had a point that they could be bussing. He said it as "no matter how Foo turns out there are scum on this vote" but that's what I took it to mean.

It wasn't really a strong conviction anyway but rather a bad feeling, but his freaking out over Hal's joke claim was enough to overcome my concern about the vote and actually turn my attention to Foo himself.

It was a bad feeling you felt the need to mention twice.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It was a bad feeling you felt the need to mention twice.

The second time was in response to Hal who said I was "strongly against it". I wanted to clear it up that it wasn't that strongly, but I guess I didn't do that as clearly as I hoped. My point was my reservations had nothing to do with Foo's behaviour which until that point I felt were rather neutral but instead to the way the vote came up, but then Foo behaved in a scummy way so that trumped my feelings about the vote.

I hope that makes more sense, cause that's what I meant.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So fv how are you? I don't know if anyone else is here.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I've just been cleaning up dog vomit, so I think it would be fair to say life has been better. How about you?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm alright. Making dinner and gonna play some zombie panic later. It's a fun game I haven't played in years, so I hope it still works.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi!

2.5 hours left. Asiina, Opo, AC, Hal, would any of you actually like to vote on anyone before the deadline?

Voters, any new thoughts? For my part, I'm still fine with AC or Hal, but I'm really feeling the AC vote.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'll switch to Asiina, I think she's scum.

I would consider this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

What's the current state of mafia, while I cook dinner?

• Locked thread