Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
Anyone going to the Raw on August 4th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sprecherscrow posted:

How the hell do you fail to turn Kristofferson's kid into a star? His talent should be irrelevant to that, he can coast on his dad's legacy. There insistence on giving everyone a name so they can own the name is so silly. Call him Joe Hennig, this Curtis Axel poo poo is stupid.

What's wrong with "Joey Perfect"?

Although the Curtis Axel thing is a reference to his lineage, too - so it's not just a random name.

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

Why. Just why.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Red posted:

What's wrong with "Joey Perfect"?

Although the Curtis Axel thing is a reference to his lineage, too - so it's not just a random name.

I know. They even had Heyman explain it for the slower members of the audience when they introduced it. That doesn't make it not stupid.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sprecherscrow posted:

I know. They even had Heyman explain it for the slower members of the audience when they introduced it. That doesn't make it not stupid.

"Mike McGillicutty" is stupid.

"Curtis Axel" is just trying too hard for a guy that doesn't have the charisma of his dad, but is talented in his own right.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Ratedargh posted:

Why can't they just go back to his second theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2w5IkBnYPU

yeah this theme was fine and distinctive and fit him well so I don't know why they didn't just go back to it

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
It's not like they're giving him "American Males" or anything. Maybe the sirens are obnoxious and shouldn't go on for nearly as long as they do, but they're at least distinctive in the WWE right now, and they do their job as a stinger. I really don't think this is a sign of a burial (As opposed to his booking, which is, if not a burial, loving insanity).

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Red posted:

"Mike McGillicutty" is stupid.

"Curtis Axel" is just trying too hard for a guy that doesn't have the charisma of his dad, but is talented in his own right.

Curtis Axel rules because he's excellent at arguing with kids in the audience, and his "Better Than Perfect" shirt is an amazing heel move I haven't seen before-- making a clearly untrue claim that's you're more talented than your very talented dad.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Curtis Axel rules because he's excellent at arguing with kids in the audience, and his "Better Than Perfect" shirt is an amazing heel move I haven't seen before-- making a clearly untrue claim that's you're more talented than your very talented dad.

I don't know about all this, but his theme is amazing.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

He is a very good worker. Hopefully they recognize him (I believe they do) as a dependable guy who can be slotted anywhere on the card and make anybody look good.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Just give Cesaro Perry Saturn's theme and call it good

Man that Jimmy Hart sure could make generic versions of hit songs from 10 years prior.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Desumaytah posted:

It's not like they're giving him "American Males" or anything.

Cesaro coming out to "American Males" after his break-up with the Real Americans would have been amazing, though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sprecherscrow posted:

He is a very good worker. Hopefully they recognize him (I believe they do) as a dependable guy who can be slotted anywhere on the card and make anybody look good.

I think they do see this in him - otherwise, he'd have been "future endeavored" a while ago.

The Rock personally vouched for him when getting into shape for wrestling again.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Desumaytah posted:

It's not like they're giving him "American Males" or anything. Maybe the sirens are obnoxious and shouldn't go on for nearly as long as they do, but they're at least distinctive in the WWE right now, and they do their job as a stinger. I really don't think this is a sign of a burial (As opposed to his booking, which is, if not a burial, loving insanity).

Actually I think you'll find that if they gave him American Males he would be better, instead of being a jobber who loses miserably all the time.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Desumaytah posted:

I don't know why everyone here hates on American Males, it's unironically one of the best wrestling themes in history.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Red posted:

I think they do see this in him - otherwise, he'd have been "future endeavored" a while ago.

The Rock personally vouched for him when getting into shape for wrestling again.

This is true, but Curt Hawkins also worked with the Rock and he got Future Endeavored a few months ago.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sprecherscrow posted:

This is true, but Curt Hawkins also worked with the Rock and he got Future Endeavored a few months ago.

Didn't Hawkins piss people off with the YouTube stuff he did with Reks, though?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Better Cesaro theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD-PkhalPq0

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
They had him bodyslam show over the top rope. Cesaro ain't goin' anywhere but up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Zack_Gochuck posted:

They had him bodyslam show over the top rope. Cesaro ain't goin' anywhere but up.

well, yea. you can really only go up from here, so that makes sense.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

That Cesaro theme is one step above a David Flair titantron.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm going to agree with someone who earlier in the thread talked about Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy. I just saw the movie. It was pretty much great and he's one of, if not the, best parts of it. The Leviathan done well.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

:(

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Another Cesaro remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-znnXAIp5-c

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Desumaytah posted:

It's not like they're giving him "American Males" or anything.

American Males theme would be an unironic improvement.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

If someone actually came out to the Casualty theme I would unironically mark out.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

He doesn't need an ambulance, he needs a goddamned backhoe!

(Because he's been buried, you see)

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ilyich posted:

If someone actually came out to the Casualty theme I would unironically mark out.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cesaro's theme + intro should be the Bizarro Ray from Sealab 2021 but with Cesaro instead of Bizarro.

Cesarooooo.... Cesarooooo..... Cesaroooooo...

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eXFvjqzP2E

idk I kinda like this new theme, it screams Superstar

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Suben posted:

American Males theme would be an unironic improvement.

I just really want to hear someone come out to that one of these weeks randomly. I'll put that up in my wishlist with a 3 Count reunion.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

kdrudy posted:

I just really want to hear someone come out to that one of these weeks randomly. I'll put that up in my wishlist with a 3 Count reunion.

Sandow hasn't been fired (yet)!

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

Finally, the theme Cesaro deserves.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 1, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Regal came out to A Real Man's Man a few years ago as a rib.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Luigi Thirty posted:

Regal came out to A Real Man's Man a few years ago as a rib.
:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCPSy3sTis

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

It's an excellent match too. It was up there for my 2011 match of the year, but sadly most people overlooked it as a MOTY because it aired on Superstars and is less than 15 minutes. But they don't waste a second of it.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sprecherscrow posted:

but sadly most people overlooked it as a MOTY because it aired on Superstars and is less than 15 minutes. But they don't waste a second of it.

This kind of logic doesn't make sense when people jizz all over the Japanese indies being MOTY every match

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrCEX1ElJ8

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

That DICK! posted:

Cesaro's theme + intro should be the Bizarro Ray from Sealab 2021 but with Cesaro instead of Bizarro.

Cesarooooo.... Cesarooooo..... Cesaroooooo...

Cesarrrooo....I love yoouuuu...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

My reaction while listening to that theme.

• Locked thread