Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

TraderStav posted:

Just a way to launder money from England to MLS.

So this is how you beat FFP, sign good players to your MLS front team then loan them to the parent club for nowt, job done.

Obviously this is a test before doing it with an actual good player, got to have a dummy run am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
I'll be really surprised if Lampard makes more than 2 (two) appearances for MCFC.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I'll be really surprised if Lampard makes more than 2 (two) appearances for MCFC.

Hargo made 4, I think he'll make more than that.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Shrapnig posted:

Hargo made 4, I think he'll make more than that.

Christ, did he really?! I only remember 2.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Christ, did he really?! I only remember 2.

1 League, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cup.

*wikipedia*

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
He scored a screamer in his first game for them and I was like ffs but then it turned out he really was completely knackered after all. Which is a shame because he was really good

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

He scored a screamer in his first game for them and I was like ffs but then it turned out he really was completely knackered after all. Which is a shame because he was really good

Yeah, that really was a stunning goal, he went mental after it went in.....then he got injured again....

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/01/manchester-united-arsenal-thomas-vermaelen-barcelona

Wenger confirms United are interested in Vermaelen, but they prefer to sell abroad to Barcelona or some other club. Article also says they may ask for Smalling in return but there's no quote for that.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I hope Barcelona signs another Arsenal player those signings always turn out great.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

El Hefe posted:

I hope Barcelona signs another Arsenal player those signings always turn out great.

Hleb's move to Barca utterly destroyed his career and I loved every minute of it.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Henry was quality and Fabregas would have been if your stupid retard club played him. It's your own fault for Hleb because he was poo poo even before he moved. van Bronckhorst wasn't terrible either tbh.

Petit and Overmars definately turned poo poo while they were there so those yes.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Henry is the only one that worked out and for one (magical) season only.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

El Hefe posted:

Henry is the only one that worked out and for one (magical) season only.

That was before Pep began to turn Barcelona into his ideal, purer version. The version that didn't need players like Henry, Toure, Eto'o, Abidal, etc.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Shroud posted:

That was before Pep began to turn Barcelona into his ideal, purer version. The version that didn't need players like Henry, Toure, Eto'o, Abidal, etc.

Haha yes really funny

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Shroud posted:

Lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

El Hefe posted:

Haha yes really funny

It's kinda sad tbh overt racism is bad.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

blue footed boobie posted:

It's kinda sad tbh overt racism is bad.

Lets not be hasty

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PLEASE LET BARCELONA SIGN VERMAELEN

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Hegay posted:

PLEASE LET BARCELONA SIGN VERMAELEN

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Do it Van Gaal, you know that the team needs another Arse Captain.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Vermaelen and Alex Song better start some games together in defense

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I don't like this

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Spurs "itk", Mateo Musacchio is apparently very close to joining.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Vegetable posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/01/manchester-united-arsenal-thomas-vermaelen-barcelona

Wenger confirms United are interested in Vermaelen, but they prefer to sell abroad to Barcelona or some other club. Article also says they may ask for Smalling in return but there's no quote for that.

:negative: Please no. Sign someone who's not an aging crock.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Le-real-surveille-falcao/487114

pls

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

PirateBob posted:

:negative: Please no. Sign someone who's not an aging crock.

Big Verm isn't a crock he is just poo poo

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Why do Arse fans not want to see Vermaelen at United? If he doesn't go there they'll get someone actually good.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I refuse to believe that somebody who apparently knows football inside out would knowingly sign Vermaelen. That's something I wouldn't even expect from Moyes.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
'Smelly' Chris Smalling could be just the lanky black man Wenger needs

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

its amazing to think that just a few years ago a lot of people considered Vermaelen to be one of the best defenders in the league

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

TelekineticBear! posted:

its amazing to think that just a few years ago a lot of people considered Vermaelen to be one of the best defenders in the league

With the amount of cash United are spending, and the fact that they have three central defenders with any Premier league experience, I don't see why spending a few million to sign Vermaelen is a big deal. It's not a stretch to think Van Gaal believes he can fix him. They have zero depth at the position.

Although tbf I don't know what the wage situation is.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Vermaelen would be fine if he had a good fitness record.

But he's injury prone as gently caress.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
He needs a run of games and he could come good for sure, and it makes perfect sense to me going for him as your left central defender if Van Gaal really thinks he can make that formation work (I think it's going to blow up in his face but what the gently caress do I know).

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think Vermaelen could flourish in a three-man defense. That's clearly what Van Gaal is counting on, and that's why Arsenal fans don't really want him at United.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

Why do Arse fans not want to see Vermaelen at United? If he doesn't go there they'll get someone actually good.

Yeah I've got 0 issues with it, except for the part where we get Smalling in return.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

:siren: Latest Aston Villa transfer news :siren:

Reserve keeper Jed Steer has gone on loan to Doncaster Rovers

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Eric Dier to Spurs is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/495495446047907840/photo/1

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah I've got 0 issues with it, except for the part where we get Smalling in return.

Smalling is better than any of your centre backs and we'd be mental to get rid of him.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Ninpo posted:

Smalling is better than any of your centre backs and we'd be mental to get rid of him.

come on ninpo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

Lol irl

• Locked thread