Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

I can't hate any team that hates the Steelers. Ravens, whoever. If your team has a standing rivalry with the Steelers y'all are fine in my book.

The only real thing that made it even feel like a rivalry in the past few years involved a coach stepping onto the field mid-play. That said, thanks friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

I can't hate any team that hates the Steelers. Browns, Ravens, Raiders, Seahawks, whoever. If your team has a standing rivalry with the Steelers y'all are fine in my book.

You know who hates the Steelers? The Ravens. :psyboom:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

The only real thing that made it even feel like a rivalry in the past few years involved a coach stepping onto the field mid-play. That said, thanks friend.

The week 9 game in 2011 was so awesome that it had to make all other games afterward total poo poo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

You know who hates the Steelers? The Ravens. :psyboom:

... Yes? I said that?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

... Yes? I said that?

Eifert Posting posted:

I can't hate any team that hates the Steelers. Browns, Ravens, Raiders, Seahawks, whoever. If your team has a standing rivalry with the Steelers y'all are fine in my book.

My mistake. I misread that as you hating all those other teams as well as the Steelers. I r read gud.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember when Byron Leftwich started a game against the Ravens and ran for the slowest 30-yard touchdown of all time?

Good times.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Remember when Byron Leftwich started a game against the Ravens and ran for the slowest 30-yard touchdown of all time?

Good times.

You can try to act like there was a more embarrassing loss in Ravens history than the loss to Starting QB Charlie Batch, but it's futile

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Atticus Finch posted:

According to ESPN Bengals beat writer Coley Harvey, Jeremy Hill has already fumbled twice this camp. Camp is a week old. He never fumbled in college. Also, he raped someone(*).
(*) A girl 3 years younger than him sucked his dick in highschool. So they raped eachother or something.

At drafttime I was pretty down on him because of "rape" and that fight thing, but he seems like an okay guy and I'm warming up to him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Based on how training camp has gone, I have changed my evaluation of the raiders from 6-10 +/- 2 games to 7-9 +/- 2 games.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Volkerball posted:

Based on how training camp has gone, I have changed my evaluation of the raiders from 6-10 +/- 2 games to 7-9 +/- 2 games.

If your range of plausible scenarios includes the Raiders going 9-7 this season... you might need to dial back expectations some.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

If your range of plausible scenarios includes the Raiders going 9-7 this season... you might need to dial back expectations some.

I'm starting to think it's more likely than going 4-12. This camp might be the best I've ever heard from them. Everything is clicking, all the players are insanely motivated. It feels different. Staying healthy, this team could easily push for 7-9. Easily.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

You can try to act like there was a more embarrassing loss in Ravens history than the loss to Starting QB Charlie Batch, but it's futile

Jacoby Jones ended up winning the game with a punt return for a TD. That was the only good thing that happened. That game was the most boring Steelers-Ravens matchup ever.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Volkerball posted:

I'm starting to think it's more likely than going 4-12. This camp might be the best I've ever heard from them. Everything is clicking, all the players are insanely motivated. It feels different. Staying healthy, this team could easily push for 7-9. Easily.

I've read every tweet, read every article, from every_single_day of Raiders training camps since ~2007 and I've never seen such positive reactions like these coming from even the most cynical beat writers.

Hype

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

I've read every tweet, read every article, from every_single_day of Raiders training camps since ~2007 and I've never seen such positive reactions like these coming from even the most cynical beat writers.

Hype

I know right? It's insane. Reece said Allen's speech on the first day of camp gave him goosebumps. I fully expect literally everyone to get injured. My body is ready.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
You two do this to yourselves every year, you realize that right

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pigdog posted:

(*) A girl 3 years younger than him sucked his dick in highschool. So they raped eachother or something.

At drafttime I was pretty down on him because of "rape" and that fight thing, but he seems like an okay guy and I'm warming up to him.

this is a Real Bad Post

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

You two do this to yourselves every year, you realize that right

That's not true at all. One of us gets cynical when the other starts getting their head in the clouds, then we balance ourselves out somewhere reasonable. We're just re-correcting because things look a hell of a lot better than they did 2 months ago.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

You're playing Denver twice, San Diego twice, Kansas City twice, New England, Houston, New York, Seattle, San Francisco, and Arizona.

If the Raiders pull off a 9-7 record against that then they're winning the loving superbowl

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pigdog posted:

I mean sure, that's true is you also ignore the various assault charges in college. The dude literally beat the poo poo out of a guy and had to cover medical expenses.

Ray Rice has a better record than this guy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If you ignore the whole murder and kidnapping stuff and only focus on his career stats and the Naked Gun movies, OJ Simpson is a pretty cool dude.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Juice is a pretty cool dude tbh

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jeremy Hill is probably a piece of poo poo but Giovanni Bernard is one of the coolest pro athletes around right now so iunno I guess I'll just think about him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

Good to hear your team is motivated. I looked over the reports from the other 31 camps and it turns out none of them actually care at all.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Good to hear your team is motivated. I looked over the reports from the other 31 camps and it turns out none of them actually care at all.

If you didn't just bandwagon teams, you'd know that caring isn't a given.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

If you didn't just bandwagon teams, you'd know that caring isn't a given.

Pretty sure I was posting here back when we were a 7-9 team.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Pretty sure I was posting here back when we were a 7-9 team.

Dude, the guy just listed 7-9 as his best case scenario.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Dude, the guy just listed 7-9 as his best case scenario.

Yea, I know that. It doesn't really have any bearing on the fact that I was posting here before the Hawks were any good, so his accusation of bandwagoning is pretty dumb and wrong unless everyone cheering for the Titans and Rams this year is also a bandwagoner.

Edit

Holy poo poo are we actually having a dick measuring contest over whose team was worse when we started rooting for them? This is loving ridiculous.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 2, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Yea, I know that. It doesn't really have any bearing on the fact that I was posting here before the Hawks were any good, so his accusation of bandwagoning is pretty dumb and wrong unless everyone cheering for the Titans and Rams this year is also a bandwagoner.

You mean the 7-9 team that won a playoff game?

Cause my team hasn't done that in 24 years.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

You mean the 7-9 team that won a playoff game?

Cause my team hasn't done that in 24 years.

He couldn't help himself. He saw what Beast-mode did to the Saints and took his show to the internet.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Benne posted:

Good times.

It was the best play. He also broke a rib and wore the bumblebees. Everything just came together perfectly.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

You're playing Denver twice, San Diego twice, Kansas City twice, New England, Houston, New York, Seattle, San Francisco, and Arizona.

If the Raiders pull off a 9-7 record against that then they're winning the loving superbowl

Dennis Allen legit impresses me with the job he has done coaching the Raiders but yeah, I'm inclined to agree. If the Raiders make the playoffs he deserves coach of the year.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Smugly talking down to people with modest hopes for their bad teams is so loving annoying

Oh 7-9 pal? Yeah sure right. I mean my team is going 13-3 no doubt but please tell me more about hoping your team gets more than 2 wins heh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Hype

It makes me so happy that the year the rad Raiders fans here finally unanimously feel hope, it's the same year Schaub arrives.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

superaielman posted:

Dennis Allen legit impresses me with the job he has done coaching the Raiders but yeah, I'm inclined to agree. If the Raiders make the playoffs he deserves coach of the year.

If the Raiders make the playoffs he deserves to be appointed god king of Oakland.

Edit: Man, 2003 and 2004 when Marv first turned around the Bengals were great, having a laughingstock team turn into an average to good one is so fun.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 2, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

football fuckerman posted:

Smugly talking down to people with modest hopes for their bad teams is so loving annoying

Oh 7-9 pal? Yeah sure right. I mean my team is going 13-3 no doubt but please tell me more about hoping your team gets more than 2 wins heh

Has the season predictions thread been started yet? Because that entire yearly thread is full of this.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Right before the 2010 season Carson Palmer bought his O-line a segway each. I got to talk to Bobbie Williams during camp and begged him for video of O-line drills on the segways but apparently their position coach banned them. :negative:

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
Dion Jordan. Jarvis Landry.

Miami actually might have some new stars emerging.

Amazing I'm going to have someone else to root for besides Cam Wake.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah that's sick. I'm loving Jarvis Landry I think he's gonna be a fantastic number two now proving once again I'm awful at picking receivers in the draft process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't Dion Jordan kind of bad last year? Maybe I'm mis-remembering.

• Locked thread