Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This could be rad if Lim is willing to spend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Chas McGill posted:

This could be rad if Lim is willing to spend.

Yeah agreed, and he said he wants to splash big when he can. We shall see

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tbp posted:

Ideally the fine would be punitive and scaling so should it occur again it'd be excessively stupid to avoid paying the taxes?

A lot of the time, tax cheats hide their money or otherwise make the owed amounts incredibly hard, if not impossible, to recover. This can also involve years of follow-up struggles with enforcement of judgments. Any purely financial penalty turns into a cost-benefit analysis. You need prison time to scare people enough not to think they can get away with tax evasion by just making the assets unrecoverable.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Byolante posted:

The state should just seize all his assets then shoot him. Spain was doing fine until all these uppity Catalans came and ruined it for everyone.

Messi is Argentinean.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

advanced statsman posted:

Messi is Argentinean.

Messi would be in way more trouble if he wasn't white.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hegay posted:

The expansion of Bernabeu is on halt due to the European Union investigation re: state aid, ftw. Good times for Madrid and Barca

Hope they can get some Truvada

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
That new Bernabeu project looks really bad

all that silver ugh

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

That new Bernabeu project looks really bad

all that silver ugh

Yeah. I hate it when other clubs win so many trophies.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
It will really suck living in one of those buildings near the Bernabeu on a sunny day

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

El Hefe posted:

It will really suck living in one of those buildings near the Bernabeu on a sunny day

yeah lets spare a thought for the spanish public, at least all these stars pay for their healthcare and unemployment through taxes right haha

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Nothing really sucks if you live in the district where the Bernabeu is, except perhaps when your Moroccan maid demands to be paid a sustainable salary

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Monday Bandele posted:

Nothing really sucks if you live in the district where the Bernabeu is, except perhaps when your Moroccan maid demands to be paid a sustainable salary

You just threaten to report her to immigration and she quitens down.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Looks like Real Madrid suck and are a bad, no-good team this season.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Looks like Real Madrid suck and are a bad, no-good team this season.

why does ancelotti play isco as false nine.. why..

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Also lol at AS single-handedly pushing the Falcao to Madrid agenda. Mendes loves em

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mmmm *nodding in agreement* - me, tomorrow reading Alfredo Relano once again explaining why we need Falcao

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
Well there aren't any 9s in the team right now so someone has to play there, I guess.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
The day after it was announced that Diego Lopez is being pushed out, Marca quite literally posted an article where a 'face analyst' said Iker Casillas had a particularly honest face.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Well there aren't any 9s in the team right now so someone has to play there, I guess.

yeah but better Bale than Isco

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Well I'm here to give back my "Levante plastic" membership card.

Waiting for delivery of my new membership card to be a proud plastic of the Madrid whites.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Drogadon posted:

Well I'm here to give back my "Levante plastic" membership card.

Waiting for delivery of my new membership card to be a proud plastic of the Madrid whites.

Welcome, friend.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
RM pays 10m for one of the best keepers in the world and who's only 27 meanwhile Barca pays 20m for a good but not that great 31 year old.

I hate Zubizarreta so much.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I honestly thought that Bravo was younger than Navas, lol.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

El Hefe posted:

RM pays 10m for one of the best keepers in the world
he had one good tournament ffs

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Chris de Sperg posted:

he had one good tournament ffs

Lol he was amazing last season for Levante. Probably some of the best reflexes since... Saint Iker (rip)

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
I love how Real Madrid does two really good deals and then spends 80 million or whatever on James.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I love how Real Madrid does two really good deals and then spends 80 million or whatever on James.

Actually, James will be fully sick. The 11th is ours.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Hegay posted:

Actually, James will be fully sick. The 11th is ours.

La Endécima

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Xavi quits the national team

Xavi has won more things with Spain than the EMNT in their entire history

Legend

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Legend

Have Venezuela or whatever tinpot country you come from ever won an international match confirm/deny

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

El Hefe posted:

Legend

and his legacy will be his drug riddled corpse getting raped by the Dutch

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

African AIDS cum posted:

and his legacy will be his drug riddled corpse getting raped by the Dutch

its not really rape if you just stand by watching with a dopey expression on your face

casillas got raped

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol

http://www.diarioextra.com/Dnew/noticiaDetalle/238054

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Have Venezuela or whatever tinpot country you come from ever won an international match confirm/deny

We've won plenty world series and series del caribe lol

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

I'm buying Atletico Madrid tickets for their game against Eibar in a few weeks. Any suggestions on where to buy them? I assume the team website is fine? Also, any suggestions on where to sit?

Big Piece O Shit fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 5, 2014

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

can't blame him for kissing the badge already, if I was getting as much money out of this deal as he's getting I'd be willing to suck Di Stefano's rotten dick.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

can't blame him for kissing the badge already, if I was getting as much money out of this deal as he's getting I'd be willing to suck Di Stefano's rotten dick.

He played in Second Division 2 years ago so agreed. James Rodriguez did the same and hell, I prefer they wait until they've been here for a while pls

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
A kid who loves soccer in any Latin country will always want to play for either Real Madrid or Barcelona. I don't care if they are playing with a club in Germany or England or Italy that's won everything there is to win and they're making bank. If their childhood dream club calls, they will always answer, and they will always kiss the badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

manchego posted:

A kid who loves soccer in any Latin country will always want to play for either Real Madrid or Barcelona. I don't care if they are playing with a club in Germany or England or Italy that's won everything there is to win and they're making bank. If their childhood dream club calls, they will always answer, and they will always kiss the badge.

• Locked thread