Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Duel is probably better but FFA is kind of dull IMO. Even the people complaining about campers stood on LG or RL as much as they can lol.

its really the 4on4 tdm where quakeworld shines. cpma does the same type of dueling better and ffa is fun for a while just for being so totally over the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Bounce your modem and your router, that usually clears poo poo up unless the problem is further down the line.

It seems that is something with my ISP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

its really the 4on4 tdm where quakeworld shines. cpma does the same type of dueling better and ffa is fun for a while just for being so totally over the top

Oh yeah I was also thinking TDM is probably a lot better.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Who wants to get a game of Luigi's mansion 2 multiplayer going. That mode is loving fun but I can never get a game going.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

They better not gently caress up quake live. It's the only one I'm any good at.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Fistfull of Frags is really fun and chaotic. I'd love to roll through the big bad west with a buncha impzoniers.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Schnedwob posted:

Fistfull of Frags is really fun and chaotic. I'd love to roll through the big bad west with a buncha impzoniers.

Yes. Yeeesssss. I forgot they got a source release. This is best game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Schnedwob posted:

No.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Embrace life and a colt army revolver.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Schnedwob posted:

free game, sure why not

I also got off my rear end and bought/downloaded u2k4 finally so we should do that

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fistfull of Frags is good and i'm dling right now. UT2k4 has been purchased as well. Are there any announcements for these gaming sessions??

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
the votes are in and the winner is Unreal Tournament 2004 with a crushing 4 votes against fistful of bad source mods' no votes. the winning game will begin play soon

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
ut2k4 ctf currently happening at 162.208.48.226

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
you guys give up too easily

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
no one is playing

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
we played for an hour and people gave up after all 3 ctf matches we played were really one-sided

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

we played for an hour and people gave up after all 3 ctf matches we played were really one-sided

There weren't enough players for playing CTF and not feel like you wandering aimlessly in search of an enemy player.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

qnqnx posted:

There weren't enough players for playing CTF and not feel like you wandering aimlessly in search of an enemy player.

there are most certainly maps made for 4v4 ctf, since that was the main competitive game mode for ut2k4. we just didnt play any of them

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

it was pretty fun I guess

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

fistful of frags is fun, we should play it tomorrow night

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Hey I suck at AOE2 and need some multiplayer backup! Anyone want to join me for a game sometime? My GT is rocket_man38.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Sorry guys, I had to go to dinner and clearly nobody wanted to play ut without me there. :(

Also whoever was saying put map packs up there should post telling me which map packs.

I also like the way of creating events in the steam group to announce game happenings, definitely got me in when I would not have even been aware otherwise.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bloodmobile posted:

there are most certainly maps made for 4v4 ctf, since that was the main competitive game mode for ut2k4. we just didnt play any of them

Why are you choosing to play games in a way that you yourself believe aren't the best. Like start out with the good CTF maps instead of the bad ones and coming back to the thread and saying "Well we didn't do the good ones." Or like FFA in QW... Just find a TDM server.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rocket_man38 posted:

Hey I suck at AOE2 and need some multiplayer backup! Anyone want to join me for a game sometime? My GT is rocket_man38.

Add me, GT chizmack.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also I know I picked Freeze Tag with QL but I saw the error of my ways.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Why are you choosing to play games in a way that you yourself believe aren't the best. Like start out with the good CTF maps instead of the bad ones and coming back to the thread and saying "Well we didn't do the good ones." Or like FFA in QW... Just find a TDM server.

yeah this is a good point, we were just mapvoting, throw up a good one and tell people to change their votes. Unless it wasn't on the server in which case tell me some map names to get already.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Doom2 with brutal doom gib graphics. So many servers on Zandronum. lovely laptops can play it too.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

RulerSmack posted:

Doom2 with brutal doom gib graphics. So many servers on Zandronum. lovely laptops can play it too.

lets do something better, like the icon of party WAD.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Wormskull posted:

ive never played ut ctf, the people who had played it before were voting for these gargantuan maps. qw tdm on a public server would just be an absolute massacre for the new players since it knows no mercy for noobs with its 30 second weapon respawns and quad being every minute

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

ive never played ut ctf, the people who had played it before were voting for these gargantuan maps. qw tdm on a public server would just be an absolute massacre for the new players since it knows no mercy for noobs with its 30 second weapon respawns and quad being every minute

I mean we could always use maps other than the vanilla mapset or something

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
surc asked for someone to give him map suggestions, nobody has

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

surc asked for someone to give him map suggestions, nobody has

ok
http://www.ucmappack.org/index.htm
http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/files/Unreal_Tournament_2004/Maps/Map_Packs;5408
http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=40
go nuts

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

just downloading a shitton of maps at random is sure to make it easier to find and vote for good ctf maps for small player counts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good thing I don't play or give a poo poo about UT. lmfao

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
heres a random assortment of ctf and tdm maps for ut2004 that are played in pickups: https://www.mediafire.com/?89vhr571ogkto55 some of them might be for instactf but i checked a few of them and they had gun spawns and poo poo

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

:parrot:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bloodmobile posted:

heres a random assortment of ctf and tdm maps for ut2004 that are played in pickups: https://www.mediafire.com/?89vhr571ogkto55 some of them might be for instactf but i checked a few of them and they had gun spawns and poo poo

cool

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
ut is currently happening 162.208.48.226

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Hooray for an ut2k4 session that didn't end prematurely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
simsense the join command is 'open' im not sure if you figured it out