Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Saul Goode posted:

HHH still suffers from the same problem he did as a wrestler, he wants to play a cool badass not an actual hateable heel in the style of a Ric Flair. He's still dominant, he still doesn't get properly called out on his bullshit and he flips between face moves and heeling multiple times in the same show, it's ridiculous. Why did Batista shake his hand, was it a subtle foreshadowing of Batista's heel turn? No, it was just Triple H trying to leech off the babyface heat of a returning superstar.

Or maybe its because they are both real life and kayfabe friends, and Batista returned after years of being away. Why wouldn't he shake his hand dude

<a href="#" onClick="alert("lol");">lol</a>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Valeyard posted:

Or maybe its because they are both real life and kayfabe friends, and Batista returned after years of being away. Why wouldn't he shake his hand dude

p sure it's this. I know I would want to shake hands with HHH.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Shima Honnou posted:

p sure it's this. I know I would want to shake hands with HHH.

Back in 1998, I shook hands with Steve Austin in the lobby of a Golds Gym in Garden City, MI.

I was waiting for the ol' "not let go of handshake/smile slowly fades from his face" spiel, followed by a stunner 5 seconds later. In hindsight, that would have been an honor.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Aug 4, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I love that WWE accidentally bumbled backwards into long term booking against it's will. Like if everything had gone according to plan then we'd have had Punk Vs HHH again (With Punk probably losing, given the fact he wasn't that quiet about being miserable and not resigning his contract), Batista Vs Randy Orton in the dullest main event and probably Sheamus Vs Daniel Bryan that gets cut for time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Gonzo McFee posted:

I love that WWE accidentally bumbled backwards into long term booking against it's will. Like if everything had gone according to plan then we'd have had Punk Vs HHH again (With Punk probably losing, given the fact he wasn't that quiet about being miserable and not resigning his contract), Batista Vs Randy Orton in the dullest main event and probably Sheamus Vs Daniel Bryan that gets cut for time.

It would have been glorious, and I bet that in the universe where that happened, Battleground was the most exciting and fresh show of the year.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Valeyard posted:

A heel is someone who should attempt to elicit a negative reaction from the audience, whereas a babyface should try to gain cheers from the audience. Having a supposed heel and babyface be friends on screen sends a conflicting message to the audience and results in your returning babyface hero getting booed out of the building at his big comeback PPV. It's literally the simplest dynamic in wrestling and Triple H gets to ignore it because he has to be the best and coolest at everything.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Valeyard posted:

Because it was onscreen at Raw and the kickass returning hero shouldn't be looking like he's getting cozy with the badguy authority figures.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Angular Landbury posted:

Trips is a great villain but his general portrayal is confusing. He's the guy loving over Daniel Bryan but he's also the guy posting instagram pics of him and Steph helping various charities, he's on NXT generally getting cheered for all the stuff he does there and was verbally putting over Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville, he's posing for pics with new hires and even those wwe.com Cole interviews seem to be half real-life business promo and half in-character heeling. I think there should be more separation between COO Paul and EVIL BOSS Triple H.

Do you get mad when Christian Bale spends a weekend on a beach in Cabo instead of fighting crime? It is a TV show and he is an actor, you should be able to watch that and then accept Tuesday through Friday he is real life responsibilities, charity being one.

I had some friends over (who don't watch wrestling at all anymore) and we drank some beers and watched the Network. They were amazed by the sheer awesomeness but I told them so far it was considered a failure because it only had 700k subscribers. They thought that was a huge number and did not see how that was a failure. I was thinking about it and it is a lot of people. I am not sure how the WWE expected materially more. I am curious what their internal research and projections were like.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 4, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Just make HHH a Jekyll/Hyde situation and anyone under 6' triggers his uncontainable rage

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ribsauce posted:

I am not sure how the WWE expected materially more. I am curious what their internal research and projections were like.

They had an internal survey that led them to believe they had an absurd total of fans in the US around 60 million that they bragged about to stockholders.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ribsauce posted:

Do you get mad when Christian Bale spends a weekend on a beach in Cabo instead of fighting crime? It is a TV show and he is an actor, you should be able to watch that and then accept Tuesday through Friday he is real life responsibilities, charity being one.

I'd like to see Christian Bale indiscriminately use the same personal Twitter handle to post things in character as Irving Rosenfeld. That'd be more on-point and pretty entertaining to boot. (Not that I disagree with you; who cares?)

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Is that a baby raccoon? Put me on the Batistowns bandwagon please.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Memento posted:

Is that a baby raccoon? Put me on the Batistowns bandwagon please.

Welcome to the club of correct thinking, friend.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Shima Honnou posted:

Welcome to the club of correct thinking, friend.

I don't even have a strong opinion on him either way, but "guy who constantly uses 'I'm a giant movie star' in any and all conversations/arguments" will be amusing, at least for a bit.

Wonder how much he'll interact with Miz.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Batista's pretty awesome.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

It would have been glorious, and I bet that in the universe where that happened, Battleground was the most exciting and fresh show of the year.

When did you become a more annoying gimmick than Valeyard? That would've been atrocious.

I will say Batista owns, but in prograps he should be a perma-heel.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Ribsauce posted:

I was not aware that Christian Bale went to Cabo in full leather pervert suit, identifying only as MAHSTER WAYNE when checking in at his hotel and using his grappling hook to snag margaritas. He also isn't using movie screen time to talk about his awesome upcoming vacation (although in retrospect that may have improved the dialogue in Rises quite a bit).

Don't be dense.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

what the piss are you jabronis talking about in my wrestling forum

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Look at those next gen jorts.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 4, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Just got a text alert from WWE that Sting was added to the Summerslam panels so I'd imagine his signing is either officially or a total formality at this point.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

At this point I think Sting will be in the process of signing until the day Yokozuna joins the Hart Foundation.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

so I just got an email about the Wyatts being at the Ohio Comic Con in Columbus and it's loving $35 for Bray's autograph and $40 for a picture :laffo:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

sportsgenius86 posted:

so I just got an email about the Wyatts being at the Ohio Comic Con in Columbus and it's loving $35 for Bray's autograph and $40 for a picture :laffo:

Gotta make up for those PPV bonus cuts, I guess.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Just got a text alert from WWE that Sting was added to the Summerslam panels so I'd imagine his signing is either officially or a total formality at this point.

It's been a formality since Wrestlemania

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's on the video game panel only. Still likely a 2K thing, not a WWE one.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

"Bray...why do you need to charge money for autographs?"

"Sometimes the demon from beyond and Eater of Worlds just has to order a pizza ok. It's tough in the bayou."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

"Sometimes the demon from beyond and Eater of Worlds just has to order a pizza ok. It's tough in the bayou."

It's set by the convention I'm pretty sure. Still, that's loving ridiculous. If it was all three Wyatts I might understand but that's Bray only.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gatts posted:

"Do you know how many hawaiian shirts I go through? I've already have had to ask Rowan to keep to one mask and Harper to keep to one shirt, ain't that right Harper?"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

Well it's called a Con for a reason.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Dexo posted:

Look at those next gen jorts.

That actually looks kinda good

The crowd will all be in 2d though

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Hey, they used Cena the Carpathian.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i wonder if cena wears that arm band because he shoots up before matches like kerry von erich

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

ZenVulgarity posted:

That actually looks kinda good

The crowd will all be in 2d though

Jorts look insanely detailed.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah, to be fair when I was reading this on my phone I quickly scrolled past and was like "Oh, Cena got some new jorts?"

Only when I scrolled back up to do a double take did I realize it was a videdogame. Although that is a camera angle that will basically never occur in an actual game.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
yeah I thought it was a real life picture too and had to go back to notice it was fake. Kind of impressive.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Ok kind of random, but I finally got around to reading a Goldust biography someone got me for Christmas (Goldust owns what can I say)

The book is great and I definitely recommend everyone checking it out. I haven't read a lot of wrestling books but this is definitely in my top several along with William Regal's, Foley's, and Edge's. My taste is kind of weird though because I did really enjoy Bischoff's Controversy Creates Cash book (which I got for $1). Also no I haven't read the Jericho or Bret Hart books yet for whatever reason.

The only problem with the Goldust book is the front/back art. I'm usually not the kind of person that reallllly cares what other people thing but when I'm sitting at work with a Goldust book I would fold it over so the covers couldn't be seen haha.

Also his daughter drat:

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 4, 2014

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tyson Tomko posted:

Also his daughter drat:

I would date her just to hang out with her dad, grandpa, and uncle.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

I would date her just to hang out with her dad, grandpa, and uncle.

Weird nicknames for her tits and vag but hey whatever man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

if we could not do this, that would be great

• Locked thread