Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Ouhei posted:

Well at least I can confirm that I am indeed weird. I'm probably just overthinking it, I've reached a point in the game where I have the best gear without getting into Coil2 so I'm thinking too much about dumb stuff.

Good to see the rest of you are weird too, though I don't really know how comforting that is, haha

It's not like you have to make a chick character look sexy or show a bunch of skin.

Keep it tasteful and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

SpazmasterX posted:

It's not like you have to make a chick character look sexy or show a bunch of skin.

You have almost the exact same glamours/gear as a friend of mine. :v:

Here's my girl, it's easy to make a character look good without throwing out tits and rear end everywhere.

Now mind you, if your character is a buff male Highlander it's mandatory for you to show some skin. :swoon:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Also people who complain at atma are actually bad at the game, I'm convinced:

Got 10 in two days, just under 300 fates total.

The ninja Novus dream is alive.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Serperoth posted:

I seem to be stuck at level 48. Out of story quests, so I will have to do FATEs and leves. Is it worth it to queue up for the duty roulette or specific dungeons and DPS, instead of just focusing on FATEs?

There's a bunch of chained story quests if you check in at the Waking Sands that open up around 46, they send you to check out different areas of the world.

I didn't see them until I hit 50 either, because there's no pointer or indication you should go and get these, but they exist.

SpazmasterX posted:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

Do Aurum Vale, especially if you have the resting bonus. You should hit 50 in less than 3 whole runs, just remember to let the morbol fruits spawn into seedlings.

Sounds like a plan. I'll unlock it when I log back in later, I have about 2/3rds of a level in rested, and hit 49, maybe a bit more, so I think I can expect to hit 50 today. Just hoping your title isn't accurate in this particular case. :v:

FortMan posted:

In addition to what SpazmasterX suggested, if you haven't done so, go back to Scion HQ in Vesper Bay. There are a few sidequests there.

Didn't know that, I'll check that out soon. I'm 49 now as I've said so I can continue the main story. Between that and the Aurum Vale runs, I could leave the sidequests for the second class to level, but thanks for mentioning it. :)

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

So jealous :argh: I can barely get monk poo poo to drop in coil. I got lucky on the slaying bracelet this week but it's no big visible piece like those.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
If anyone wants the recruit-a-friend Friendship Circlet, you can recruit me, as I'll probably be paying for my first month sometime soon. I can't guarantee that I'll ever get around to subscribing for the 90 days that would net you the mount though.

Beeme fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 6, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Beeme posted:

If anyone wants the recruit-a-friend Friendship Circlet, you can recruit me, as I'll probably be paying for my first month sometime soon. I can't guarantee that I'll ever get around to subscribing for the 90 days that would net you the mount though.

E-mail is beeme886 [at] gmail.

Just shot you a code.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Is this the point where I post my catgirl glamour with skimpy armor dyed skin color?

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

SpazmasterX posted:

So jealous :argh: I can barely get monk poo poo to drop in coil. I got lucky on the slaying bracelet this week but it's no big visible piece like those.

Yeah, it's boss as hell looking. I even love the two-color gloves.

I'm ready to pilot my giant mecha and it's fantastic.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I haven't played this game since like 6 weeks after release, and I'm considering hopping back in. I burned out getting my relic after about 30 pub Garudas, transferred to Excalibur and stopped playing shortly after.

What is the EU weekday evening population like, basically now and 5 hours forward? And since I must have been kicked for inactivity, do the FCs on Excal have room?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Belzac posted:

Also people who complain at atma are actually bad at the game, I'm convinced:

Got 10 in two days, just under 300 fates total.

The ninja Novus dream is alive.

I hate you so much. I've spent a total of 7 hours in North Shroud trying for my second atma.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Ouhei posted:

I hate you so much. I've spent a total of 7 hours in North Shroud trying for my second atma.

Just use Japanese Atma Time, it's real and it works.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

Just shot you a code.

Just registered it.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Whizbang posted:

Just use Japanese Atma Time, it's real and it works.

Nope, but you can face any direction your heart desires.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Samba De Amigo posted:

Wear the Patrician's set and call it a day.

/pose

I'm SO MAD I can't get those poses on a lala. I was hoping they were something special like /manderpose or some poo poo. :qq:

bonewitch posted:

Here's my girl, it's easy to make a character look good without throwing out tits and rear end everywhere.

Now mind you, if your character is a buff male Highlander it's mandatory for you to show some skin. :swoon:

I've seen you idling around the FC house and can confirm you look boss as gently caress in person.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Beeme posted:

Just registered it.

Nice. Have fun (for at least 90 days)! :haw:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm SO MAD I can't get those poses on a lala. I was hoping they were something special like /manderpose or some poo poo. :qq:

I've seen you idling around the FC house and can confirm you look boss as gently caress in person.

Wait who are you

I'm not on excal so you might be getting me mixed up with someone.

Belzac posted:

Nope, but you can face any direction your heart desires.

Everyone knows the only way to get atma is to strip naked and do the manderville before every fate.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

mightygerm posted:

Its really depressing to see 5 bards in an ST run and not a single foe's ever cast.

When I run it on my Bard I make it a point to run Foe's as much as I can, especially since it seems like the only DPS present in CT2 runs are freaking Bards and Black Mages. :v:

I did get on the other bards in a run that I was in that was 7 Bards, 7 Black Mages, and a Summoner for not having basically 100% uptime on Foe's on bosses. Like what the hell were they doing :argh:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

quote:

ST vs. CT2

"ST" only bothered me at first because it used to be "Sunken Temple" [of Qarn], but I'm over it. ST is more relevant for most people than Qarn.

quote:

lady glamours

I'm at work, but here's me from Lodestone:

My static keeps making fun of this outfit. Called it "my Sunday best". :argh: gently caress you, static, it looks fine!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

bonewitch posted:

Same

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Who gives a poo poo? You still know what they're referring to either way.

My first instinct is Sunken Temple.

I really need to get a bard to 50 and get the soldiery head gear so that I can be Lawrence of Eorzea.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fister Roboto posted:

My first instinct is Sunken Temple.

I don't think I've ever seen Qarn referred to as ST, though I may be missing it.

It could also be mental blocks of wanting to never think of "sunken temple" because I think of WoW's version and you can't make me go back there :cry:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I just got Dragoon to level 39 and I forgot how little exp Cutters Cry actually gives, so now I guess i'm stuck fate grinding in Coerthas.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

I just got Dragoon to level 39 and I forgot how little exp Cutters Cry actually gives, so now I guess i'm stuck fate grinding in Coerthas.

When I hit that point I either grind Brayflox or just stick to the daily bonuses. gently caress 35-41.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
It's coil1 and coil2. It's ct1 and ct2. This is fact.

Edit: Also every time someone asks for advice for leveling and no one suggests leves, I die inside.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

bonewitch posted:

Well, if you insist.

Or for my actual tanking glamour:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Quit at launch with a 45 warrior, if I came back is the 'Goon Squad' still fairly active, and do you need a tank?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

When I run it on my Bard I make it a point to run Foe's as much as I can, especially since it seems like the only DPS present in CT2 runs are freaking Bards and Black Mages. :v:

I did get on the other bards in a run that I was in that was 7 Bards, 7 Black Mages, and a Summoner for not having basically 100% uptime on Foe's on bosses. Like what the hell were they doing :argh:

I try to keep Foe's up during the bigger bossfights at least in CT2, I zone out sometimes in the non loot bosses and forget to sing.

Edit:

WYA posted:

Quit at launch with a 45 warrior, if I came back is the 'Goon Squad' still fairly active, and do you need a tank?
Combined, the 'Goon Squad' is the largest group on the server (exalibur). Yes, it's very active.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Belzac posted:

It's coil1 and coil2. It's ct1 and ct2. This is fact.

Edit: Also every time someone asks for advice for leveling and no one suggests leves, I die inside.

Leves are stupid please die on the outside as well

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Ouhei posted:

Combined, the 'Goon Squad' is the largest group on the server (exalibur). Yes, it's very active.

I asked earlier and didn't get a response, but I take it that means EU evening hours (about now) are fairly active too?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX posted:

gently caress the prudes. When I make a character I make them hot enough to bang.

:roboluv:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

Hamburger Test posted:

I asked earlier and didn't get a response, but I take it that means EU evening hours (about now) are fairly active too?

I can't say for certain, since I'm EST, but I'm on sometimes pretty early in the morning during the week and there's always a few people on.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
PBC/DGKK has tons of people online at every timezone, it fuckin' rules.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I spend entirely too much time and money dressing up all of my classes. It's not catgirls online unless you're being all of the anime that you can be.

Rei_ posted:

I would think that even with Cutters Cry being kinda lovely it would still give more steady exp than fates, no? I don't begrudge anyone for avoiding it, but the options are kinda lovely until the DD giant pull EXP bonanzas at 44.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 4, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

bonewitch posted:

Wait who are you

I'm not on excal so you might be getting me mixed up with someone.

Well there's someone in DGKK in Excal that's got an almost identical getup on their Miquote gal. :iiam:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Just imagine a picture of a male Roe in full mnk darklight gear, man those where dark times.

After drinking the first Fantasia I became a Roe lady and dressed up in a cool and goofy fashion.

After the second Fantasia I became a Male Highlander and went full on pirate stripper.

Bonus baby first T5 party picture. Divebombs are hard.
(use pause key for the perfect selfie pictures)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

After drinking the first Fantasia I became a Roe lady and dressed up in a cool and goofy fashion.

I know that catte on the left. :D

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

If PBC and DGKK were a single FC as we initially requested (and were told sorry no) we would be the most active FC on the planet by an average of 15-30% than the next highest FC.

Our combined score is universally over 500k the only reason we're not always ranked 1 in PBC all the time is there's been some deliberate transfers on some goons part to go to the smaller guild and balancing activity.

If you wonder if PBC/DGKK can manage the numbers to do something the question is always "when" not "if" it can be managed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

I know that catte on the left. :D

It's me right?

• Locked thread