Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Jimmy Clausen's losses count against Cam?

I just went off the stat he posted (5-3 since Cam was drafted). For the record I'm much more scared of Cam than I am of even Brees because Cam will pull off Vick levels of bullshit that cannot be stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Claw Massage posted:

I just went off the stat he posted (5-3 since Cam was drafted). For the record I'm much more scared of Cam than I am of even Brees because Cam will pull off Vick levels of bullshit that cannot be stopped.

:negative:

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

Who's the OC? They got rid of Sherman right? He was horrible for that team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SpclKen posted:

Bill Lazor. He was Philly's QB coach last year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SpclKen posted:

Bill Lazor, last seen as Chip Kelly's QB coach in Philly.

Because that's a system that can easily be copied.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Lazor is a pretty good QB guy IIRC. Not sure about an OC but why not.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@JosinaAnderson
Breaking: Source. Giants doctors are shutting down RB David Wilson due to the neck injury that he sustained.

David :smith:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shath Hole posted:

Also, goons love to think in black and white. Things are either the best, or the worst. Atlanta's front 7 is neither, and will ultimately end up right in the middle and the truth is goons are usually wrong about lots of things, so we will see how it all turns out as the season unfolds.

Well, I mean, every team can't be right in the middle. Someone has to be the worst and a team that was really bad the year before, hasn't substantially upgraded their pieces, and has already lost one important player to injury seems like a good candidate for being near the bottom.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

NippleFloss posted:

Well, I mean, every team can't be right in the middle. Someone has to be the worst and a team that was really bad the year before, hasn't substantially upgraded their pieces, and has already lost one important player to injury seems like a good candidate for being near the bottom.

Stopped reading at "hasn't substantially upgraded their pieces"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NippleFloss posted:

Well, I mean, every team can't be right in the middle.
Someone doesn't watch the NFC East

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
All I know is the Redskins special teams was significantly upgraded just by getting rid of the special teams coach. He told the returners to not field punts. He coached that.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I seriously think Tyson Jackson will be a good player on the Falcons. He had developed into a premier run defender and had even learned how to pass rush at the end of his last season before hitting free agency.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I think he was mostly asked to rush the passer a lot more and still kind of sucks at it. But yeah, he's fine even if he still sucks at that.

Shath Hole posted:

I think you're probably a touch too excited about the two KC guys you got, and not in a free agency flowchart way. They're both useful guys, which I'm sure is a nice upgrade. But they're also both kind of just...useful guys. Asamoah in particular I think you're expecting more out of than you're going to get.

Then again we were told every year he was going to break out and become the mauler you're expecting, so who knows maybe he finally does it this year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

I think you're probably a touch too excited about the two KC guys you got, and not in a free agency flowchart way. They're both useful guys, which I'm sure is a nice upgrade. But they're also both kind of just...useful guys. Asamoah in particular I think you're expecting more out of than you're going to get.

Then again we were told every year he was going to break out and become the mauler you're expecting, so who knows maybe he finally does it this year.

The only thing I am excited about is that the pieces that we did acquire in the offseason were legit all upgrades. I'm not expecting anyone to come in and be future hall of famers, but they fill holes that desperately needed to be filled.

Our acquisitions combined with key players coming back healthy is what I am most excited about.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Okay..? That's fine if that's the joke, but your post said you would laugh at anyone who thought Tannehill would improve a lot this year.

He did improve a lot last year, by the way, and he did it with the worst offensive line in football.

I am all in on the Tannehill bandwagon this year. If the Dolphins manage to field the 20th best line in football they'll make the playoffs.

It's a loving enormous if.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Wow the Falcons also have Javier Arenas. Pioli bringing all his draft picks to ATL :lol:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Wow the Falcons also have Javier Arenas. Pioli bringing all his draft picks to ATL :lol:

Yup. Your 2014 Atlanta Chiefs!

e:

It's the only reason I thought the Berry to Atlanta rumors had some traction :lol:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chris James 2 posted:

@JosinaAnderson
Breaking: Source. Giants doctors are shutting down RB David Wilson due to the neck injury that he sustained.

David :smith:

Wilson officially dead, RIP David Wilson

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Manziel took first team reps today at training camp for the Browns. Supposedly he went 1 for 7 with an interception.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shath Hole posted:

If you think Tyson Jackson and Paul Soliai are substantial upgrades over anything then I don't know what to tell you. Atlanta will be near the bottom of the league in generating pressure again.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

NippleFloss posted:

If you think Tyson Jackson and Paul Soliai are substantial upgrades over anything then I don't know what to tell you. Atlanta will be near the bottom of the league in generating pressure again.

:words: :words:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks camp battles update: Still no RT or Punt Returner, everything else is fine

RT OPtions: Justin Britt, Eric Winston
PR Options: Earl Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Percy Harvin, Bryan Walters, and Richard Sherman

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
don't know where 1 of 7 came from but here's this

quote:

Manziel completed 6-of-17 passes with one interception in team drills, according to the Beacon Journal's unofficial account. Two of Manziel's passes were dropped by his targets and another two were broken up by defenders.

Hoyer completed 11-of-22 passes, including a 71-yard catch-and-run touchdown by undrafted rookie receiver Willie Snead. One of Hoyer's passes was dropped by his intended receiver and four were broken up be defenders.
my money is on Hoyer until injury

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals rookie report:

Darqueze Dennard, CB (1) - looks real good, will possibly pass Dre Kirkpatrick on the roster.
Jeremy Hill, RB (2) - fumbler, looks only OK besides that.
Will Clarke, DE (3) - nothing's really been written about him so that should tell you a lot.
Russell Bodine, C (4) - very dumb, very bad at snapping, very strong though.
AJ McCarron, QB (5) - injured, possibly going on IR but more likely he'll be on the PUP list to start the year.
Marquis Flowers, LB (6) - started on PUP but practiced 3 times and has looked good. May push Taylor Mays out but is unlikely at this point.
James Wright, WR (7) - beat writers are writing about him like they've been challenged to describe him without using the words "Andrew Hawkins".
Lavelle Westbrooks, CB (7) - likely to be cut with little possibility on landing on the practice squad.

A couple of UDFAs that are making noise: Trey Hopkins (G), Ryan Hewitt (FB/TE)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hoyer is going to be eaten alive the first time he throws a bad pass at home this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hoyer is going to be eaten alive the first time he throws a bad pass at home this year.

And so will Manziel the first time he throws a game-ending interception

Such is the life of a QB

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Browns QBs are eaten alive at the first sign of weakness.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

Man, I remember people saying poo poo like, "Tannehill is good, I think it's going to be his break-out year" in 2013. I just sort of nodded and said, "yeah, he could be good," because what did I know?

If someone says that to me this year, I'm just going to laugh in their face.

The fact you're basic your steadfast opinions on a tweet involving a single day of practice kinda sums up what I assumed from reading your posts.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
1 (5) - Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo - Looks great, ferocious, instant day 1 starter
2 (36) - Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State - Looks great for a rookie, progressing as well as you'd want him to
3 (81) - Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State - Looks great, should be starter at guard very soon
4 (107) - Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech - Looks good/great, sometimes can eat up two blockers, sometimes not
4 (116) - Keith McGill, CB, Utah - Looks pretty good
7 (219) - Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio - Star of this draft class so far apparently, been running with the 1's
7 (235) - Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State - Looks great
7 (247) - Jonathan Dowling, SS, Western Kentucky - Looks pretty good

A++ Would draft again, best draft class of millennium so far

edit: compared to last year

quote:

1. DJ Hayden, CB, Houston - Hurt a lot
2. Menelik Watson, T, Florida State - Starter at RT
3. Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut - Awesome at SLB, switching to WLB this year
4. Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas - lol bad, With the Titans
6a. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado - hurt
6b. Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida - Should be 3rd string RB behind Run DMC and MJD
6c. Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee - Could be starting TE?
6d. Stacy McGee, DT Oklahoma - Just got off NFI list
7a. Brice Butler, WR, San Diego State - Might make team if they keep 6 WRs
7b. David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State - Chicago Bears

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 4, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I'm really happy that the raiders got Mack. He's gonna be a great player.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

The fact you're basic your steadfast opinions on a tweet involving a single day of practice kinda sums up what I assumed from reading your posts.
Ryan Mallett POPPED, he's a superstar in the making!

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Marquess Wilson apparently fractured his clavicle for the first serious injury of the Bears offseason.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Tavarin posted:

Marquess Wilson apparently fractured his clavicle for the first serious injury of the Bears offseason.

Marquess Wilson also POPPED

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

can you say that a Raider is looking really good if they're playing exclusively against other Raiders at this point?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Eh... that isn't a complete thought.

I understand though. I've got high hopes that my team can turn itself around too. I try not to base opinions and projections around a single anything... Miami has a lot of hoops to get through in order to trot Tannehill out there for break-out season. The status of the line being the primary concern, but also just... jesus man, nevermind, you're right, Tannehill is going to be great.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 4, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

can you say that a Raider is looking really good if they're playing exclusively against other Raiders at this point?

The Patriots apparently looked super good today.

They were scrimmaging against Washington.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

sportsgenius86 posted:

Say you have a favorite ax for chopping wood. One day the head of the ax chips and you decide to have a new one shipped in from houston. Then the next day the wooden shaft decides to break and you go out and buy a new one. Is it the same ax? The ax was lovely in the first place though. In fact you're not sure why you ever liked that ax to begin with

in an unrelated note the Oakland Raiders will be scrimmaging with the Dallas Cowboys soon and I can answer your question then

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

The Patriots apparently looked super good today.

They were scrimmaging against Washington.

Yeah the Redskins got tuned up hard by Brady. Amerson apparently was picked up almost as bad as Josh Wilson was.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

Say you have a favorite ax for chopping wood. One day the head of the ax chips and you decide to have a new one shipped in from houston. Then the next day the wooden shaft decides to break and you go out and buy a new one. Is it the same ax? The ax was lovely in the first place though. In fact you're not sure why you ever liked that ax to begin with

in an unrelated note the Oakland Raiders will be scrimmaging with the Dallas Cowboys soon and I can answer your question then

can you say that a Raider is looking really good if they're playing exclusively against The Cowboys at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Guys, leave Blitz alone and let him be happy ya dicks! :argh:

• Locked thread