Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

Samp has gotten rid of ball boys this season...

Using adult women instead

De Laurentiis is kicking himself for not thinking of this first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Just dropping in to remind everyone that Tancredi Palmeri has the most hilarious Super Mario-type stereotypical Italian accent ever.

*checks on youtube*

Holy crap, you're right. :stare:

I know he's a pretty ok journalist, but never heard him talk until just now.

INKRO fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 4, 2014

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Napoli was just ordered to change stadium seats due to safety concerns via UEFA.

Wonder what will happen if they don't get them changed in time.

The season needs to hurry up and start already.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Have we posted about Osvaldo moving to Inter.

Because Osvaldo is now an Inter player.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Have we posted about Osvaldo moving to Inter.

Because Osvaldo is now an Inter player.

I think canepazzo mentioned it when I posted the Icardi pictures, called him a "good role model" for Our Mauro.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What happens when Osvaldo fucks Wanda?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Then the circle of life is complete

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Then the circle of life is complete

lmao

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

someone post pics of osvaldo looking like a cool pirate im sick and they make me happy

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

someone post pics of osvaldo looking like a cool pirate im sick and they make me happy

Did he ever actually dress up as the guy from the movies? I know he promised he would if Juve won the scudetto.

Also, the new Lega Pro groups were announced today, remember that C1 and C2 are no more and now there is just one big Lega Pro, with 3 groups of 20 teams each, separated by geographical locations. For the first time in history, Vicenza has an actual league derby, they will face the poorly named upstart fuckers Real Vicenza during the season.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I forgot to ask, what is the situation on Serie B? Sienna went under right? So that means a spot is open

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I forgot to ask, what is the situation on Serie B? Sienna went under right? So that means a spot is open

Siena with one N, it's not a Toyota.

Also there's nobody taking the place, it'll just be a 21 league team this year, and I think 20 next year.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Also there's nobody taking the place, it'll just be a 21 league team this year, and I think 20 next year.

Your Italian names and the fancy letters.

Hoping Prato doesn't suck a large dick this year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hellas has signed Rafa "loving" Marquez at the ripe age of 35? What?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

I had an ex that learned about "n"s after asking my grandmother for another bowl of pene. Ironically, her enjoyment of pene is part of why we broke up...

In more interesting news, it doesn't look like Vidal is actually going anywhere aside from the tour of Asia that Juve are currently on. Allegri is saying that he committed to Juve, the team have said that they'll only move him if he asks for a transfer, and Vidal himself hasn't said anything other than " I do not go to Manchester." :v:

I'm honestly glad that it looks like we're gonna keep him at least another year, so long that if/when we do sell him we get a large ransom in return.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Robviously posted:

I had an ex that learned about "n"s after asking my grandmother for another bowl of pene. Ironically, her enjoyment of pene is part of why we broke up...

What is the difference in pronouncing the 2. I might have been saying penis all these years

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Thank you. :)

Keeping with the Tuscan theme, that picture of the Empoli fans that was posted last page was awesome. I hope they manage a better fate this year than Livorno did last year.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Robviously posted:

lmao

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vexin posted:

Thank you. :)

Keeping with the Tuscan theme, that picture of the Empoli fans that was posted last page was awesome. I hope they manage a better fate this year than Livorno did last year.

No disrespect, sucks for Tuscans to be out IMO. Italian words are hard :negative:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So my brother in law just got me this

Coin is 1990. Got it from a banker. poo poo is unreal how much poo poo he gives me for Viola :)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

What is the difference in pronouncing the 2. I might have been saying penis all these years

You just stress the consonant when it's doubled like that, holding the sound longer. The difference is subtle but noticeable when the length is shortened.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Gigi Galli posted:

Also, the new Lega Pro groups were announced today, remember that C1 and C2 are no more and now there is just one big Lega Pro, with 3 groups of 20 teams each, separated by geographical locations. For the first time in history, Vicenza has an actual league derby, they will face the poorly named upstart fuckers Real Vicenza during the season.

So how is those groups going to work? Top 4 teams from each group goes into a 12 league midway in the season and the top 2 goes into Serie B with the last spot goes to the winner of a playoff?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

with the double n you should hold the n sound just long enough to hear a hum imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

So how is those groups going to work? Top 4 teams from each group goes into a 12 league midway in the season and the top 2 goes into Serie B with the last spot goes to the winner of a playoff?

Four teams get relegated from B, so there will be the champions of each group + a playoff winner. Im not sure how big the playoffs will be though.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Four teams get relegated from B, so there will be the champions of each group + a playoff winner. Im not sure how big the playoffs will be though.

Speaking of playoffs, I must admit that I thought the new Serie B variable-size playoff was a really cool idea (apart from Bari getting screwed by the "higher league position advances" rule) and should be adopted by more leagues.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

It would all be a hell of a lot easier if they just decided to relegate 3 teams instead. Three go up and three go down each way.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

It would all be a hell of a lot easier if they just decided to relegate 3 teams instead. Three go up and three go down each way.

It gives the upper teams in each group something to play for once one team inevitably starts running the whole group mid-season. That's the best reasoning why it is like that in my opinion.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

guys guys, what if the best serie a players chose basketball instead of calcio? makes u think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubD1wyLmxPQ

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Drogadon posted:

guys guys, what if the best serie a players chose basketball instead of calcio? makes u think

lol, that music

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Hellas has signed Rafa "loving" Marquez at the ripe age of 35? What?

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Drogadon posted:

Hm world champs for sure imo.

Vexin
Jan 13, 2014

Soulex posted:

No disrespect, sucks for Tuscans to be out IMO. Italian words are hard :negative:

None taken--my own linguistic gently caress-ups have been plentiful, I assure you!

When should we expect the fixtures for Lega Pro? (Or are they out? I've looked at some team websites and haven't seen anything.) They are some very fun potential matches involving the Tuscan teams and I would find, for example, Pisa-Lucchese* to be wildly entertaining.

While on the topic of minor teams, I know we're less than a week away from the first turn of the Coppa Italia--it would be cool to find a match or two to stream.

*One could argue that Lucca was the troll of Tuscany back in the day (they resisted the Grand Duchy among many other exploits)...this makes me kind of want to see Lucchese do well.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
The Lopez - Icardi saga will never not be funny.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

haha he's such a pantomime villain that you can't help but love him

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Soulex posted:

So my brother in law just got me this

Coin is 1990. Got it from a banker. poo poo is unreal how much poo poo he gives me for Viola :)

I've been looking online for more information about this thing but I can't find anything at all. The only thing I know is that it has a certificate of authenticity with it, and it's from 1990-ish. Not really interested in the cost (though I'll admit I'm curious) but I really want to know why these things were made, and in limited quantity.

I've also just been struck by the realization that if Serie A limits the amount of foreign players that Fiorentina are going to hurt a lot. I think we only have 3 in our starting 11? More if some of the lesser players get to step up. 2 from Chile, 3 Argentina, 3 Spain, etc. It'll be crazy for sure.

I'm also curious on how Ciprian Tătărușanu is going to fit in. He doesn't seem the type that wants to play back up. Neither does Neto after so many years on the bench.

Silly season needs to hurry up and end. I'm already convinced that we aren't going to sign anyone over 10m or anything like that. I'm glad we are getting some defenders, which we needed pretty bad imo. If no one bids for Cuadrado by the end of the week, chances are he won't move.

Also, are we going to do a Serie A fantasy football thing? I'm willing to help throw in for a prize for the top team or whatever. We just need to decide what.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I've been looking online for more information about this thing but I can't find anything at all. The only thing I know is that it has a certificate of authenticity with it, and it's from 1990-ish. Not really interested in the cost (though I'll admit I'm curious) but I really want to know why these things were made, and in limited quantity.

I've also just been struck by the realization that if Serie A limits the amount of foreign players that Fiorentina are going to hurt a lot. I think we only have 3 in our starting 11? More if some of the lesser players get to step up. 2 from Chile, 3 Argentina, 3 Spain, etc. It'll be crazy for sure.

I'm also curious on how Ciprian Tătărușanu is going to fit in. He doesn't seem the type that wants to play back up. Neither does Neto after so many years on the bench.

Silly season needs to hurry up and end. I'm already convinced that we aren't going to sign anyone over 10m or anything like that. I'm glad we are getting some defenders, which we needed pretty bad imo. If no one bids for Cuadrado by the end of the week, chances are he won't move.

Also, are we going to do a Serie A fantasy football thing? I'm willing to help throw in for a prize for the top team or whatever. We just need to decide what.

I think a lot of clubs put out things like that just for fun. That particular one looks like a commander's coin or a unit coin from the military :)

If you guys want to do fantasy please do it in the other forum, as per the sticky rules.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

I think a lot of clubs put out things like that just for fun. That particular one looks like a commander's coin or a unit coin from the military :)

If you guys want to do fantasy please do it in the other forum, as per the sticky rules.

We will. I was just wondering if there was any interest. Unless we get like 10 people or more or something, there isn't really even a point to it.

It does kind of look like a commander's coin. I have one the size of a belt buckle. It's really huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
I'd be down with one of those rank the teams & guess the top five goalscorers things, but fantasy football is extremely too much effort.

• Locked thread