Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The biggest swerve of all time: the Steiner math promo was scripted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm shocked Gene Snitsky wasn't offered a long term deal; the company motto after all is "it wasn't my fault."

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm shocked Gene Snitsky wasn't offered a long term deal; the company motto after all is "it wasn't my fault."

Dixie didn't watch anyone but Russo killing her baby.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
If the Aces & Eights gave us anything, it gave Bully tons of heat for a short while (that TNA promptly wasted) and gave us those moments where Bully was able to tell Hogan that he screwed Brooke on national TV. That's gotta count for something.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Apple Craft posted:

If the Aces & Eights gave us anything, it gave Bully tons of heat for a short while (that TNA promptly wasted) and gave us those moments where Bully was able to tell Hogan that he screwed Brooke on national TV. That's gotta count for something.

Bully was actually so much better before the A&8s. He was over as gently caress being "Calfzilla" and using his Twitta Machine. A&8s ruined him.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bully in Aces & Eights would've been fine (well... not fine but at least better) if they did the smart thing and had him cheat and reveal himself as the leader to win the Bound for Glory series in 2012 before cheating again to win the title from Austin Aries. Instead they stretched it out way too loving far and tried to have him be face for a couple months just to make it that much more of a ~*~SWERVE~*~

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Russo's statement is outstanding:

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/spike-actually-told-working-tna/

He is probably still with TNA.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rovert posted:

Russo's statement is outstanding:

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/spike-actually-told-working-tna/

He is probably still with TNA.

i read this, and then i read a comment by a guy named "VKM ballickers are evil" and his avi is calvin pissing on wwe logo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

yea ok posted:

i read this, and then i read a comment by a guy named "VKM ballickers are evil" and his avi is calvin pissing on wwe logo.

Was your comment "Belle of the Brawl has potential, Vince."?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rovert posted:

Was your comment "Belle of the Brawl has potential, Vince."?

I do not have an account, rovey, but am excited for Belle of the Brawl

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Bully in Aces & Eights would've been fine (well... not fine but at least better) if they did the smart thing and had him cheat and reveal himself as the leader to win the Bound for Glory series in 2012 before cheating again to win the title from Austin Aries. Instead they stretched it out way too loving far and tried to have him be face for a couple months just to make it that much more of a ~*~SWERVE~*~

Then what they DID do would've been comparatively fine if they'd had A&8's president Bully hold the title until BFG, INCLUDING beating Sabin, only to be beaten by Lone Wolf Styles. Instead they hotshotted the title to Sabin in the worst match ever for the worst reign ever and sorta half ditched the Lone Wolf gimmick to have AJ join the MEM only not really because Kurt's a druggie. TNA.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
vinny ru apologists are giving tna apologists a run for their money in the delusional department

quote:

As far as I can tell the reasons to keep it a secret were: A) Spike have been poisoned by Bischoff's lies B) Potential Japanese partners think it's racist you need to speak English to get a push on US television. C) TNA will get bad publicity from dirt sheets and internet fans that account for less than 0.01% of the audience.

Great way to treat a guy who was a team player all his time at TNA and was never given a chance to run with the ball, had his name dragged through the mud, took all the heat and was forced out twice despite delivering ratings (even when handcuffed by people who had no business being in creative).

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

quote:

Ryan Patrick • 3 hours ago
The TRUTH shall set Vinnie-Ru free!! I love this!! I wanted to add one thing here that maybe some of your figured out by conclusion--if SPIKE did indeed know, 6 months prior, then there is a helluva good chance that this "SPIKE pulls out of negotiations with TNA after finding out about Russo" story was fabricated by the dirt sites. :::cough:::cough::Meltzer:::cough:;:Phony wrestling information::::cough

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love Vince Russo but he's a self admitted unmedicated crazy person. Sometimes you get an interesting point of view but mostly you get delusional ranting.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Endorph posted:

The biggest swerve of all time: the Steiner math promo was scripted.

I just had the mental image of TNA's decision to go against Raw on Mondays being influenced by a Steiner Math Presentation, and it is now canon in my head that that was breaking point of the decision.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E: whoops :downs:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 4, 2014

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TNA's PR team is just as stupid as their booking team.

http://pwinsider.com/article/87344/spoiler-for-this-weeks-impact-tna-to-make-a-day-of-it-and-you-can-win-250.html?p=1

quote:

TNA sent out the following:

#BossToss: TNA Wrestling Declares August 7th “National Put Your Boss Through A Table Day”

Few are fortunate to work for a great leader. For the millions of others suffering from “I have the worst boss syndrome,” gritting the teeth and biting the tongue provide only a temporary fix to the daily agony of taking orders from a superior far less smart. To offer a solution to this global pandemic of frustration, TNA IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, Thursdays 9/8c) is declaring this Thursday, Aug. 7, “Put Your Boss Through A Table Day.” Why keep slamming your head against the table when you can put your boss through it instead?

Between now and this Thursday night’s broadcast of IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, 9/8c) the aggravated and oppressed are encouraged to check the social media policy section in their employee handbook then go online to share why their boss (past or present) deserves be tossed through a table using #BossToss. Be creative using video or photos, and be sure to tag @impactwrestling on twitter, and IMPACT WRESTLING on Facebook and Instagram when publishing a post.BossTossLogo

IMPACT will select the best #BossToss entries for a prominent impactwrestling.com feature, and one #BossToss Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a $250 ShopTNA gift card and tickets to a future IMPACT WRESTLING event.

“Put Your Boss Through A Table Day” shares August 7 with other well-known celebrations like “Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day,” “Sea Serpent Day” and “India Pale Ale Day,” and is inspired by TNA Superstar and Hall of Fame inductee Bully Ray, who for months has endured constant harassment and provocation from his boss, TNA President Dixie Carter. Bully has guaranteed on IMPACT WRESTLING this Thursday, Aug. 7, (watch a preview) he will slam Dixie through a table, with #ItHappens already trending on twitter.

"I know what it’s like to have a boss you don’t respect; to have a boss you want to toss because you know you can do a better job,” said Bully. “This Thursday on IMPACT I will keep my promise of putting Dixie through a table and you will not want to miss the moment #ItHappens.”

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Can't wait until some dumbass TNA fan gets fired for threatening their boss on Twitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shine posted:

Can't wait until some dumbass TNA fan gets fired for threatening their boss on Twitter.

Maybe Dixie will send them a care package like that one kid who got kicked out of school.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

quote:

“Put Your Boss Through A Table Day” shares August 7 with other well-known celebrations like “Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day,” “Sea Serpent Day” and “India Pale Ale Day,”

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

“Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day,”

AKA Matt Striker Bulge Appreciation Day

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

coconono posted:

“Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day,”

AKA Matt Striker Bulge Appreciation Day

Hence "Sea Serpent Day"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

do you think Dixie personally paid her medical costs from the back injury that resulted from her table spot or do you think she charged it to the company?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Big Toss Man

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

do you think Dixie personally paid her medical costs from the back injury that resulted from her table spot or do you think she charged it to the company?
She took it out of the women's paychecks.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Endorph posted:

She took it out of the women's paychecks.

Hahaha, paychecks. HAHAHAHA.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Man a few years (months?) from now I'll remind everyone of this :rolleyes: TNA :rolleyes: moment in the 'What if TNA stayed afloat?' thread. One of my favs I think.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

And, as usual, the only things being published under the hashtag are PR from TNA and insults from everyone else.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Barreft posted:

Bully was actually so much better before the A&8s. He was over as gently caress being "Calfzilla" and using his Twitta Machine. A&8s ruined him.

I thought Bully Ray vs Joesph Park was one of the best feuds TNA had in a long time. Then Bully got caught up in the whole A&8's thing and they did nothing with the Joesph Park storyline for about a year so no one cared about him anymore and then he went back to being Abyss and people cared even less.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Rhonne posted:

I thought Bully Ray vs Joesph Park was one of the best feuds TNA had in a long time. Then Bully got caught up in the whole A&8's thing and they did nothing with the Joesph Park storyline for about a year so no one cared about him anymore and then he went back to being Abyss and people cared even less.

"this character change for abyss has gotten over? eh let's just put a mask back on him and turn him heel just so we can copy wwe again"

but seriously how can you possibly justify corporate abyss? it fails to be both original or logical. also looked terrible. a true trifecta of poo poo.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WeaponX posted:

"this character change for abyss has gotten over? eh let's just put a mask back on him and turn him heel just so we can copy wwe again"

but seriously how can you possibly justify corporate abyss? it fails to be both original or logical. also looked terrible. a true trifecta of poo poo.

no the problem was that it got over so were scared to do anything with it and it stagnated for an entire year (just like aces and eights minus the getting over part)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

@TNADixie posted:

If you've ever wanted to put your boss through a table, change your Twitter pic to the official logo for the holiday!

Sooo... why would Dixie, of all people, tweet this?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

desperation, stupidity

both

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fark, that's a little unpleasant right there. And if you think about it, this is the most advertising that they've done in quite a while.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 5, 2014

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
They are so drat proud about putting a middle aged woman through a table.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

dsriggs posted:

There's an earlier post claiming to have hijacked her account.

Her password is IL0veVince.

quote:

Sam Wheeler ‏@wheelerdeeler 4h
#BossToss Lose your job... but win a giftcard and tickets for a company that may or may not still exist in October @TNACreative

Brandon Stroud ‏@MrBrandonStroud 6h
TNA Impact Wrestling, A Promotion Full Of Great Ideas, Is Sponsoring A ‘Physically Attack Your Boss’ Day http://uproxx.it/1qMOiV2 #BossToss

Aaron ‏@BIGEnding_ 10h
#BossToss this retarded hashtag out and try and pop a rating

They're getting like 2 posts per hour. None of them are positive.

Sono fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 5, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

dsriggs posted:

Desperately wants to put her dad through a table.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Sono posted:

And, as usual, the only things being published under the hashtag are PR from TNA and insults from everyone else.

There are a lot of people wondering why TNA thinks in a time when people are clamoring for what few jobs there are that anyone is going to put their job on the line for a tshirt. Also some Sasha Banks references. And TNA employees. That's literally it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

dsriggs posted:

When Bully Ray put her through a table, it unlocked vistas of pleasure and pain in her mind that Dixie never knew existed...

<ridiculously long Dixie fanfic goes here>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Don't Believe Bischoff's LIES

• Locked thread