Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
make you a t-800, that has to get a day job to get the money needed to afford a transcontinental flight.

terminator the burger flipper the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The old B-movie maestro Roger Corman saw Terminator and was really impressed by the movie.

He asked his past employee James Cameron how he made a movie with such good effects and Cameroon replied that he just had more money in the budget than Corman.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Police Automaton posted:

They should just make a terminator-franchise open-world style GTA game already. I don't wanna play a whimsy human either, I wanna be the cool guy who survives rockets to his face and climbs out of a crashed helicopter and can buy different sunglasses in shops. Hell give me an SR3-esque character creator. poo poo literally writes itself and would be a hit. Fuckers.

I've been saying this for years. The only GTA-style terminator game that ever was came out in 1990 and was made by loving Bethesda of all people. Kudos to them though, it had open world and driving and you could either be Kyle or Arnie, not bad for a 1990 game.

Yeah just make a GTA game in which go on killing spree targeting future resistance members.

Sort like a mix between the GTA and Hitman games.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Police Automaton posted:

They should just make a terminator-franchise open-world style GTA game already. I don't wanna play a whimsy human either, I wanna be the cool guy who survives rockets to his face and climbs out of a crashed helicopter and can buy different sunglasses in shops. Hell give me an SR3-esque character creator. poo poo literally writes itself and would be a hit. Fuckers.

I've been saying this for years. The only GTA-style terminator game that ever was came out in 1990 and was made by loving Bethesda of all people. Kudos to them though, it had open world and driving and you could either be Kyle or Arnie, not bad for a 1990 game.

it'd be the stuff of my loving dreams if they made a terminator DLC for gta v.

just think of it. there's a whole goddamn incredibly well modeled los angeles, use it for something you fuckers! make me hunt down john connor (to either protect him or defend him - or both, after all the multiple character system's already in) who spawns in random locations but you can get clues from cop car computers/your internal database/just asking people who are close to him. or just blast/defend random future members of the resistance, whatever.

and they're just releasing another zombie dlc. sigh. (I really liked undead nightmare but seriously zombies are so played out at this point)

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

M.Ciaster posted:

just think of it. there's a whole goddamn incredibly well modeled los angeles, use it for something you fuckers! make me hunt down john connor (to either protect him or defend him - or both, after all the multiple character system's already in) who spawns in random locations but you can get clues from cop car computers/your internal database/just asking people who are close to him. or just blast/defend random future members of the resistance, whatever.

This was pretty much the terminator game I talked about, on top of that with robbing banks and going through the phonebook and poo poo. It kinda sucked because of 1990 technology (although it was quite the technical feat) but would be so great now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO_etqijSVY

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

dontcareaboutname posted:

arnie was also in way better shape 1st movie.

He actually had the exact same weight and measurements in both films. I think he looks better in T2, to be honest.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MondayHotDog posted:

He actually had the exact same weight and measurements in both films. I think he looks better in T2, to be honest.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Arnie was still the official US Fitness Ambassador when T2 came out.

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
the only thing that can kill liquid metal man is liquid metal

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

dontcareaboutname posted:

make you a t-800, that has to get a day job to get the money needed to afford a transcontinental flight.

what, instead of hacking bank machines with an atari lynx?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

In a deleted scene they turn on his neural net processor so he can learn.

If you don't tear up at "I know now why you cry" you're subhuman.

The original scripted ending was even more :smith:

Instead of exposition about how he can't kill himself for programming reasons, he just tells John that any trace of the terminators has to be destroyed or eventually Judgement Day could still occur. He tells John he is sorry and understands crying like in the final version. Sarah Connor finally accepts him, shakes his hand and follows up on the earlier conversation with John by asking if he is afraid to die. He answers 'Yes.' and steps into the molten steel.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7w-XcL2v10 this whole terrible video is just the chick trying to find a reason why this movie has to exist and be enthusiastic about it

Arnie in that one picture they have seems to be confused why he's even there.

I also like that most of the youtube comments are "wtf why are they doing this, this is gonna be terrible"

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
hahahah the Terminator is protecting her? I didn't know it was possible to make a worse Terminator flick than Salvation but here we go.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

hahahah the Terminator is protecting her? I didn't know it was possible to make a worse Terminator flick than Salvation but here we go.

Salvation was a good case of the movie trailer not matching the final product since the trailer looked awesome.

etalian fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 5, 2014

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

remember when christian bale being in a movie meant it was probably gonna be alright

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

etalian posted:

Salvation was a good case of the movie trailer not matching the final product since it looked awesome.

I think one of the videos that pops up after you watch that Terminator reboot youtube is 10 trailers that were better than the movie. The best thing about Salvation is the original ending was hilariously stupid that I wish they had left it in because the rest of the movie was already horrible anyway.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Pipski posted:

what, instead of hacking bank machines with an atari lynx?

t-800's power core is good for like what 100 years, why worry about giving yourself up early, by breaking the law if you don't have to. You know you want to have mini games like flipping burgers, bagging groceries, gutting fish, digging ditches etc.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Christian Bale is:

John Connor
Bruce Wayne
That psychopath

The true American acting hero.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

redshirt posted:

Christian Bale is:

John Connor
Bruce Wayne
That psychopath

The true American acting hero.

hes not american either

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I... didn't know about the new terminator movie, it does not look to be good. :(

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I... didn't know about the new terminator movie, it does not look to be good. :(

how long till we get a black ftm trans terminator that looks like obama?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
As someone who loves all things Terminator (I'll even watch Salvation once in awhile), the new one is going to be terrible.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:suicide:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they should have just ripped off the books and have this be some bad rear end special forces guy they modeled the terminator after

itd still suck but you know itd be less creatively bankrupt

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bonus points if they made it arnold from commando or predator

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
terminator vs predator would be pretty great if done right.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I could see a predator trying to hunt a terminator for sport

not seeing it end well though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just rewatched t2

still the best

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

noticed a cool thing during the final scenes theres alot of orange blue contrast in that smelter but blue is the predominate color in the shots whenever the t1000 is around

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

....the Galleria?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

terminator 2 is cool cause the end where the terminator sacrifices himself is also the franchise trying to kill itself before it can cause judgement day aka terminator 3

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Salvation was a good case of the movie trailer not matching the final product since the trailer looked awesome.

You have to have a truly horrifically bad movie on your hands to not be able to even make a good trailer.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whats truly amazing about terminator 2 is it came out the same year as point break shits weird

Ginette Reno posted:

You have to have a truly horrifically bad movie on your hands to not be able to even make a good trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shia lebeouf as the terminator in his comeback role.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

terminator 2 is cool cause the end where the terminator sacrifices himself is also the franchise trying to kill itself before it can cause judgement day aka terminator 3

Judgement Day Terminator sequels is inevitable

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Zzulu posted:

I dunno, old terminator could work

They're supposed to be infiltrators anyway, and it's not like they need to look youthful and strong or whatever. (theyre robots man)

I don't think they should bring back Sarah Connor though, unless they also bring back Linda Hamilton as some sort of old badass heroine as well. I mean, she's still acting...

In the Terminator comics, that's exactly what Skynet does. They make all sorts of terminators, so they won't be suspected. In one story, a woman with a baby is being chased by terminators. She's rescued by a group of humans. It turns out that their dogs sense something's up, and realize that both the woman and the baby are terminators, as well. Had they made it into one of the human strongholds, they could have done a lot of damage.

Also, watch the first film. When Kyle has the dream where he's remembering his past (our future), after a battle he and the others go into a stronghold. A terminator makes it inside and attacks. The terminator is a very muscly guy, but it's not Arnold. (Also, the gun he's carrying is supposed to be a plasma rifle. In the movie, it is portrayed by a highly-modified Spandau aircraft machine gun. This particular weapon had the trigger mounted on the end, which necessitated squeezing a handle to fire it. They used it in the film for this very reason, the unusual firing mode made it look all futuristic, despite the fact that the gun is actually from World War I.)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ginette Reno posted:

to be fair there are great movies with terrible or unrepresentative trailers

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

BigBoss posted:

T2 is one of the best movies ever made and anyone who disagrees is really dumb.

Forrest Gump is a pretty cool movie IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

paranoid randroid posted:

uhhh gently caress uhhh Fast Times at Ridgemont High! yeah that was a good one! throw it in the cart lets reboot this bitch. uh okay what else uhhhhhhhh Wayne's World! Party on, goth! haha yeah kids love that poo poo! oh my god we need a hit ive got child support to pay

His name is Garth fucktard

• Locked thread