Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Requesting 9/11 as descibed in cholo sign language to Sarah Connor in TSCC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Watch the scene where they pull the T-800's neural net processor in the auto repair shop. If you look closely, you will see that all is not as it seems.

That's not a mirror. That's actually a hole in the wall. Linda Hamilton is in the foreground, working on a fake Arnie head, and her identical-twin sister is in the background, through the mirror, working on the real Arnie. Very nice bit of camera work without special effects.

You can see that the motions by both women are very close, but not perfect. that's just about all that gives it away.

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 31, 2014

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Admiral Bosch posted:

Requesting 9/11 as descibed in cholo sign language to Sarah Connor in TSCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPzzYhuhOxo

Look what you made me do...

To make up for it, here is a pretty sweet scene from the end of season one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWZFkPiFlkE (Always bothered me how so many dudes ended up in the pool though)

Edit: Shite, I can certainly do that but it might take a while. Rest assured, it will happen.

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 31, 2014

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
in gif form, sir

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Admiral Bosch posted:

in gif form, sir

kinda big but eh

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

oldpainless posted:

There's a shot in T2 I love where John drives by on his motorbike in the background with the little engine making a high whining noise and then the front tire of Arnold's motorcycle stops right in front of the camera with the kickass engine in total contrast to John's engine and the background music kicks in with the theme and oh my god its such a cool shot.

I loving love Terminator 2.

Arnold reloading the shotgun on the motorcycle by flipping it in the air and catching while shooting at the T-1000 in the truck is probably the most :rock: scene of any action film.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Rex Deckard posted:

Anyone hating on this woman is dumb. She runs a shop for ladies who need bras that START at letter D.

For all of you young idiots, those are big boobs.

She also died on a diving board in Lethal Weapon 2.

Probably one of the best deaths in cinema.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Kaytwo posted:

Arnold reloading the shotgun on the motorcycle by flipping it in the air and catching while shooting at the T-1000 in the truck is probably the most :rock: scene of any action film.

T2 shotgun fact: the sound it makes is actually two cannons firing mixed together

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

I with people who think T1 is better than T2, but only slightly. T2 may still be the best action movie ever made, but Terminator is a tighter film and Arnie as the cold ruthless killer was better than Arnie as a bodyguard babysitter.

This is also my opinion to a 92% agreement rate.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I think my favorite scene was the opening when the terminator goes in to the biker bar. It's always fun to see badasses get put in their places by an even bigger badass.

I was kinna pissed when John Conner told the terminator not to kill anyone though. It's a loving terminator kid!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pawn 17 posted:

I think my favorite scene was the opening when the terminator goes in to the biker bar. It's always fun to see badasses get put in their places by an even bigger badass.

I was kinna pissed when John Conner told the terminator not to kill anyone though. It's a loving terminator kid!

Yes but he doesn't kill anyone in the biker bar either, does he?

It's a kinder, gentler Terminator.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

He gives the whole speech too after he gets Arnie to beat up and almost kill a couple of guys who just wanted to help the kid not get raped or something. Kid still annoys the crap out of me for 1/3 the movie

TryAgainBragg fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 1, 2014

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Whereas punk Bill Paxton is killed within minutes of Arnold arriving in T1.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
T2 is one of the best movies ever made and anyone who disagrees is really dumb.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

redshirt posted:

Whereas punk Bill Paxton is killed within minutes of Arnold arriving in T1.

Paxton just has no idea how to deal with Robots/Aliens/Predators/Avengers

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFrjrgBV8K0

at 0:30 imagine this bastard holding a minigun and then he sees you. terminated

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BigBoss posted:

See, it's opinions like this which degrade the conversation.

No one has said T2 sucks. It's only a debate of whether T2 is better than the original.

Each movie is incredible. But different.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I keep waiting for it to end and it never does.

Covertly watching T2 at work :c00l:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

genesplicer posted:

Watch the scene where they pull the T-800's neural net processor in the auto repair shop. If you look closely, you will see that all is not as it seems.

That's not a mirror. That's actually a hole in the wall. Linda Hamilton is in the foreground, working on a fake Arnie head, and her identical-twin sister is in the background, through the mirror, working on the real Arnie. Very nice bit of camera work without special effects.

You can see that the motions by both women are very close, but not perfect. that's just about all that gives it away.

Holy poo poo.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

LifeSizePotato posted:

t1 is also still very good

t's 3 and 4 were never good to start with

there was a terminator loving four
god drat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Kaytwo
Jun 2, 2014

by Ralp

BigBoss posted:

It's a shame how Cameron went from masterpieces like terminator and aliens to making movies about hippie space furries

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

InterFaced posted:

Holy poo poo.

In the end when the T1000 turns into Sarah Connor and tries to fool John? That's also her twin.

Kaytwo posted:

It's a shame how Cameron went from masterpieces like terminator and aliens to making movies about hippie space furries

His next movie after Avatar was scheduled to be some cyborg post-apocalyptic sci-fi film. I was pretty happy and going "Well his next movie is going to own!"

Then Avatar 2. And 3.

gently caress gently caress gently caress.

ED: Avatar 2 is underwater so really I suspect this was just an excuse to be paid hundreds of millions of dollars to dick around in the ocean, knowing Cameron.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

redshirt posted:

He threw a dude onto the fryer which makes him atleast as brutal as the guy from the raid 2

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

TryAgainBragg posted:

Paxton just has no idea how to deal with Robots/Aliens/Predators/Avengers/sister wives

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Pawn 17 posted:

Yeah I mean Sarah taught John about the coming apocalypse and being a ruthless leader, and all he wanted to do was use :siren:HACKER SKILLZ:siren: to rob an ATM. What a pussy.

Movie still owns bones though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bregor posted:

Yeah I mean Sarah taught John about the coming apocalypse and being a ruthless leader, and all he wanted to do was use :siren:HACKER SKILLZ:siren: to rob an ATM. What a pussy.

that sort of thinking is why youll never get rich

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bregor posted:

I liked that he stole the money so he could go play Missile Command. Not a hugely popular game at the time, iirc.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

redshirt posted:

It's a kinder, gentler Terminator.

When you think about it the last thing you want your humanity saving Robot to do when it goes back in time is kill a bunch of people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

True facts from T1/T2:

Michael Biehn looked better nude than Arnold

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
watching it again right now and holy crap dyson is henry from eureka

heh

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

there was a terminator loving four
god drat it

No there isn't, ignore what you've read, we will resume our regularly scheduled programming

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
I remember the first time I watched The Terminator in high deff,

and there was Arnies dick wanging from side to side for all to see.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

I remember the first time I watched The Terminator in high deff,

and there was Arnies dick wanging from side to side for all to see.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Now put that on a 60" high deft TV and you've got one rocking Xmas eve!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:eyepop:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Kaytwo posted:

From "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader":

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 1, 2014

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

genesplicer posted:

From "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader":

those studios were correct, avatar was bad

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Blazing Ownager posted:

His next movie after Avatar was scheduled to be some cyborg post-apocalyptic sci-fi film. I was pretty happy and going "Well his next movie is going to own!"

On the flipside, it was going to be an adaptation of an anime.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

InterFaced posted:

Holy poo poo.

Not only that, but the husky security guard at the mental hospital who orders a cup of coffee and instead gets a piping hot cup of needle-through-the-eyeball? Also had a twin brother who got to kill him in that scene.

I love the mad mix of crazy, innovative special effects genius and dirt-cheap, simple tricks like 'gently caress it, find me actors that have twins.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Just for everyone's information, Terminator 5 is in development

arnold is confirmed to be the terminator

khaleesi from Game of Thrones is sarah connor

• Locked thread