Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Nckdictator posted:

Lets get some posters for a classic.

The last is by far my favorite, sadly I can't find a copy for sale anywhere.

Not a poster for the movie, but I recently bought this at comicon, I don't know what it is, but I am in love with this guy's overlay posters.

I also got a small print of this while at his booth.

and if any of ya'll are interested in checking out the rest of his stuff.

http://www.brianewing.com/
http://brianewingbodega.mybigcommerce.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's nice to see Chris Cattan is still getting work.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

holy loving poo poo

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

It's nice to see Chris Cattan is still getting work.

No it's not.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Undercover Brother is like the only good Chris Cattan movie, but that movie's got so much going on, it's almost easy to forget he was even in it.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

ruddiger posted:

Undercover Brother is like the only good Chris Cattan movie, but that movie's got so much going on, it's almost easy to forget he was even in it.

Let's just pretend he died the same way he did in the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C_5l9Ijm-A&t=203s

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Nckdictator posted:

(Amazingly bad public domain movie about a Communist takeover of America, well worth watching. Skip to 44:32 for some amazing acting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5o_LwqX77I

Holy poo poo, that was like...if Tomorrow When The War Begun were made by insane people, and starred relatives of Tommy Wiseau.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

My favorite guy on IMDB is that dude who has reviewed pretty much every single softcore movie in existence in detail.

Wow, that's...even more amazing than my previous "top imdb user" TravelerThruKalpas - a guy who writes the most elaborate and verbose reviews I've ever seen.

TravelerThruKalpas posted:

Although one is initially alerted to the possible use of the police academy setting to metaphorically delineate some of the dynamics present in a society's norms as part of its imposed conditioning (the training academy especially implying a sense of regimentation), this very well-made film actually registers most of its concerns in a low-key manner, allowing some indirection to come through the proceedings by giving enough space for subtler impressions and meaning.

That's..one hell of an opening paragraph.

Other IMDB honourable mentions go to Claudio, known to listeners of the now-defunct podcast Yeah, it's That Bad, as a man who writes possibly more plot summaries than anyone else. You name a movie, he probably wrote the plot summary. Unlike TravelerThruKalpas, Claudio's summaries are very to-the-point.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The best Batman poster?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Being a Japanese graphic designer between the 1950's and the 1990's must have been like working in Wonka's chocolate factory.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Speaking of... good excuse to post this "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" poster.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Darthemed posted:

The best Batman poster?

何日か、あなただけの爆弾を取り除くことはできません。

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Infamous Sphere posted:

Wow, that's...even more amazing than my previous "top imdb user" TravelerThruKalpas - a guy who writes the most elaborate and verbose reviews I've ever seen.

That's..one hell of an opening paragraph.

Darn, I was hoping that was about "Police Academy".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

drat, but between his nose and his creepy mile/teeth, he looks like a young Mr Burns.

Nckdictator posted:

Someone get grandpa off the computer.

After reading that quote I went hunting for that review on IMDB because I was certain it had to be a joke.

Then I saw that this guy has 1458 reviews!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ruddiger posted:

Not only was the House on Haunted Hill remake pretty good, he was actually good in it. Here's the boring poster:

I was going to post a bunch of wacky alternate posters, but apparently no one gave enough of a poo poo about it to make any, so here's the baller poster for the original:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Skeletons make everything better.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm pretty sure that if you try hanging someone with the knot at the front it's less 'lethal' and more just 'very annoying'.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm pretty sure that if you try hanging someone with the knot at the front it's less 'lethal' and more just 'very annoying'.

I'm pretty sure the skeleton killed her, and is posing for a photo like he just caught a big mouth bass.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Gorilla Salad posted:

Maybe, but only if you were going for the low/no-drop suffocation method. Good ol' long-drop will snap your neck no matter where the knot is.

And possibly decapitate you if you're a fatty! :dance:

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

effectual posted:

Darn, I was hoping that was about "Police Academy".

oh, if only. That would have been fantastic. As it stands, it's just a very weird, awkward, and overly elaborate review of a gay movie that has a plot suspiciously similar to a good deal of lesbian movies, just gender swapped.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Wolfsheim posted:

Not only was the House on Haunted Hill remake pretty good, he was actually good in it. Here's the boring poster:

I was going to post a bunch of wacky alternate posters, but apparently no one gave enough of a poo poo about it to make any, so here's the baller poster for the original:

The original also has relatively few alternate designs. Who'd try to improve that masterpiece?

The French, that's who. AKA the "What did they do to Vincent Price's face?" Sexual Harassment Skeleton poster.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Distorted Kiwi posted:

The original also has relatively few alternate designs. Who'd try to improve that masterpiece?

The French, that's who. AKA the "What did they do to Vincent Price's face?" Sexual Harassment Skeleton poster.

Oh, cool, I didn't know Bill Murray was in this.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

Speaking of... good excuse to post this "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" poster.

Well, that shows what happens in the last 30 minutes of the movie.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Crowetron posted:

Oh, cool, I didn't know Bill Murray was in this.

Or possibly Criswell.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Or possibly Criswell.

We are all interested in skeletons, because that is how you and I are going to spend what's after our lives.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
We're going to need a bigger sign.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Holy poo poo this is some ugly box art. Did Smaug look like that? With the goiter and everything?!

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Calico Heart posted:

Holy poo poo this is some ugly box art. Did Smaug look like that? With the goiter and everything?!

When he talked, his throat billowed out a bit (kind of like a bearded dragon lizard when they hiss) so it looks as though they caught him mid conversation for his publicity photo.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Wolfsheim posted:

You'll sh*t with fear!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

When he talked, his throat billowed out a bit (kind of like a bearded dragon lizard when they hiss) so it looks as though they caught him mid conversation for his publicity photo.

Smaug's all on the phone with his agent, "I am very displeased with this, Kevin. Very displeased indeed!"

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

SuperGreatFriend did a great LP of this game if anyone's interested in some weird, goofy horror.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The premise of IllBleed is so rad.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

I think that is supposed to be Elisha Cook's character. Don't know why you don't have Vincent Price on the poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He's not harassing her, he's about to shove her into a pool of water. Spoilers for House on Haunted Hill, I guess.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sone guy was being real obnoxious about Argento at work the other day, so to offset it I've been watching some of his better older movies. The posters for his older movies were some classics.

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage. Never seen it, but judging by the poster, it's pretty standard Argento, with the added bonus of a Ennio Morricone (!) score.

Cat O' Nine Tails. Much like the cat segment in the Tales From The Darkside movie, this is the least favorite of the director's own movies.

Phenomena. Jennifer Connelly's debut film, co-starring alongside Donald Pleasance and a monkey. Probably my favorite Argento movie, I fell in love with Jennifer Connelly after watching this and Labyrinth back in the day.

Although when it was released stateside, it was more commonly known as Creepers.

Deep Red, let's hype the gently caress out of this movie!

Whoa! Too much hype, let's scale it back some.

Tenebre, probably my 2nd favorite Argento movie behind Phenomena. I love movie's where novelists are haunted by their own works/fandom. Goes right up there with Misery, In the Mouth of Madness, Delirious, and the Dark Half... well... maybe not the Dark Half.

Inferno, the 2nd entry in Argento's Mother trilogy, alongside Suspiria and Mother Of Tears.

Opera,

which follows the template set by the classic.

Not directed by Dario, but he did produce the Lamberto Bava classics Demons and Demons 2. The VHS boxes for these movies STILL haunt my dreams.

Good luck being 8 and trying to sleep after seeing this in the local video store.

Best tagline ever.

Is that demon guy coming out of the loving tv. :eek:

His later works left a bit to be desired.

Stendhal Syndrome, this was actually distributed stateside through Troma. You'd think Troma and Argento would be so crazy it could go work, but nope.

Argento's Dracula. This is on Netflix Instant right now. I got excited when I saw Rutger Hauer's also in it, but man... it is not good.

And not necessarily Argento, but Goblin's been touring pretty relentlessly lately, usually accompanied by Argento footage during their set. I got to see them play at the Egyptian theater in Hollywood last year which was pretty loving amazing. Got to snag this poster as well.

And another just because it's so pretty.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Good luck being 8 and trying to sleep after seeing this in the local video store.

I know, right? Go West are loving terrifying.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He's not harassing her, he's about to shove her into a pool of water. Spoilers for House on Haunted Hill, I guess.

:eng101: Acid, not water! I always loved how there was just a random pool of acid in the basement for conveniently murdering people.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
"Acid".

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

ruddiger posted:

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage. Never seen it, but judging by the poster, it's pretty standard Argento, with the added bonus of a Ennio Morricone (!) score.

It's rrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyy good.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
More Hunger Games stuff:

District 13 character posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its a neat idea to contrast those and the super fancy Capitol district posters.