Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Johnny Aztec posted:

Sorry man, I just don't go to the movies anymore. I think the last one I saw was Iron Man 2, and that was because a friend wanted to see it.

sorry your friend took you to see a crappy film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Judge Dredd is an antihero. do not pass go, do not collect 200 creds.
But now I am going to look for it and watch it, valid opinions; best opinions.

staberind fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 5, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i like how they establish right at the beginning that everything is hosed and there's nothing they can really do about it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

:agreed:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Dredd's nearly 70 years old in current continuity, and still as strong as ever, dude's unstoppable.

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
paul verhoeven should make another movie.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It was great and I regret not seeing it in the theater.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

Sorry man, I just don't go to the movies anymore. I think the last one I saw was Iron Man 2, and that was because a friend wanted to see it.

congrats on being 2 kool 4 movies im glad you could share how loving awesome you are in the judge dredd thread

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Johnny Aztec posted:

Of all the films to go to the cinema to see it was Iron Man 2? You poor thing. :(

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Robo Reagan posted:

congrats on being 2 kool 4 movies im glad you could share how loving awesome you are in the judge dredd thread

As a bad idea to give you attention as it would, the guy before me said something about it's poor theater sales.
Once you start getting older, and actually work full time job(s), it becomes harder to keep up with what is coming out/playing, as well as your inclination to going to the movies drops as well.
Nothing " 2 kool 4 movies" about it.

Hell, I didn't even see the Hobbit films recently, and I saw the three LOTR in the theater. Also saw all three Matrix films. Yeesh. Saw the first one at a midnight showing though. Was pretty awesome.

There any movies out or coming out this year that would be worth the prices tickets are at now?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

missing the hobbit films isn't really a big deal, given they're not that great

Johnny Aztec posted:

There any movies out or coming out this year that would be worth the prices tickets are at now?
Interstellar should look amazing

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Dredd rocked my balls. Go buy it on blu ray so they will make a sequel you lawless fucks.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

As a bad idea to give you attention as it would, the guy before me said something about it's poor theater sales.
Once you start getting older, and actually work full time job(s), it becomes harder to keep up with what is coming out/playing, as well as your inclination to going to the movies drops as well.

Hell, I didn't even see the Hobbit films recently, and I saw the three LOTR in the theater. Also saw all three Matrix films. Yeesh. Saw the first one at a midnight showing though. Was pretty awesome.

haha your a human being

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

for real though you should watch guardians of the galaxy! I hear it's really good.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
one of the best movies I've seen in a long time actually

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
last time i went to the cinema it was 1999 and i saw blair witch project

pretty scary stuff, you guys should check it out.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wurzag posted:

Dredd owns, got shafted due to coming out at the same time as The Raid which had almost the exact same plot.

the funny thing is that dredd was made before the raid but they got released at the same time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
movies have sucked this year

so has music

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gravity was good

poo poo wait that was last year

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

gravity was good
i liked the x-men movie. but it wasn't woah or anything.

i need to see snowpiercer.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Omi-Polari posted:

yeah it really broke the stereotype that rapists and child molesters make good movies

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cream_Filling posted:

yeah it really broke the stereotype that rapists and child molesters make good movies
i liked the "don't rape people" PSA before the movie

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Cream_Filling posted:

the funny thing is that dredd was made before the raid but they got released at the same time

yet people will still proclaim dredd ripped off the raid to make themselves feel smugly superior when you bring up dredd because oh boy they've got one up on you :shepface:

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Omi-Polari posted:

movies have sucked this year

so has music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkyuV69YZcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E4hblwwB98

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I remember going to see this with a couple of friends because not much else was on and thinking it'd be garbage and resenting that I had to spend extra money on 3d

then i was like woah ok this is good

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Neurosis posted:

yet people will still proclaim dredd ripped off the raid to make themselves feel smugly superior when you bring up dredd because oh boy they've got one up on you :shepface:

plus the premise is hardly original to begin with

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Dredd was a very enjoyable experience ok bye

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Omi-Polari posted:

i need to see snowpiercer.

movie is worth it for the quicksilver kitchen scene

quicksilver in avengers 2 is gonna look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gay by comparison

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

pro clicks

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I went into this movie really expecting nothing more than a subpar superhero flick. But then I popped some :catdrugs:, gave it a chance and holy poo poo was it an intense experience. If you missed it in theaters it's really the next best thing.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
Why were the other judges bad? :(

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

nomadologique posted:

Why were the other judges bad? :(

Not even the Judges are above corruption.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'm intrigued by this

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Moola posted:

movie is worth it for the quicksilver kitchen scene

quicksilver in avengers 2 is gonna look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gay by comparison

before xmen there were a lot of people saying quicksilver in xmen looked poo poo compared to the avengers one

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yeah maybe theyll suprise me but atm I think he looks really lame

dumb spandex outfit, stupid hair

we'll see

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

PassTheRemote posted:

Dredd was some of the most fun I have had at a movie theater in years.

OP did not mention one of my favorite scenes, baiting a dozen or so gang members and then setting them on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQoN1-Ks6Q

I was already loving the movie up until this point, but the shot where you see the flames reflected in Dredd's visor as he looked impassively at the destruction sealed the deal for me.

It's the closes thing to an 80's action film we've seen in years, and I mean that as the highest complement.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i like how the bad judge that tries to trick the psychic chick just gets owned

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I liked how Anderson didn't follow some dumbass arc where she made Dredd have a heart at then end or something. Instead she's all like BLAM BLAM BLAM by the time the final showdown started. That was cool.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fun movie but magic psychic lady was dumb. Why have a magic psychic in a movie like this? Didn't need it, and added a layer of stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

OP you clearly never saw a little film by the name of The Bridges of Madison County

• Locked thread