Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I'm consistently amazed by the things I could picture myself supporting just to make conservatives angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Good Citizen posted:

I'm consistently amazed by the things I could picture myself supporting just to make conservatives angry.

And now you know how coal rolling started.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jackson Taus posted:

I would kinda think most of the damage is done in the states where the clinics have been shuttered. Like once they're forced to shut down, even if the law gets overturned, I can't imagine it'll be easy to re-open them with the "pro-life" folks fighting you through the zoning commission or whatever.

Texas is pretty hosed in this regard. I think we're looking to have six total clinics, with two in Houston, by the end of the year.

http://houstonpublicmedia.org/news/houston-doctor-speaks-out-about-new-state-abortion-rule/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

computer parts posted:

And now you know how coal rolling started.

Yeah but we don't actually do that stuff, because liberals are cowards.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Winner is Jew posted:

I get the feeling that Obama and Sotomayor would be BFF's that would take hijink packed road trips to see Whitesocks/Yankee games. :kimchi:

They would also keep putting whoopee cushions on Alito's and Robert's chairs.

Such a show would be full of "I concur" punchlines.

"Sonia, the Sox'd better get a set of kneepads 'cuz they're blowin' this game!"

:v: I concur! :v:

The two do an "oh you" face at each other

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Alter Ego posted:

The idea of Obama getting a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court after his Presidency makes me think longingly of the Freeper tears that would flow.

It's not without precedent, after all...

Just seeing the confirmation hearings would be enough.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The reason you nominate Obama is that it'll up free up at least four Conservative seats.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

FAUXTON posted:

Such a show would be full of "I concur" punchlines.

"Sonia, the Sox'd better get a set of kneepads 'cuz they're blowin' this game!"

:v: I concur! :v:

The two do an "oh you" face at each other

That'd be cool and all, but the real party would start when Notorious RBG shows up. Joint would get wrecked.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Speaking if the court, the health care subsidies question was rushed to the docket. It is 14-114, Supreme Court petition King v. Burwell

On Friday en banc consideration of the case was requested by the federal government

Oh, and so far 6 states that are using the federal exchange have issued executive orders declaring they are actually using a state exchange when using the federal ones, so in the event of 5-4 bullshit the subsidies won't stop. Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Arkansas, and Delaware are the states so far

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

That'd be cool and all, but the real party would start when Notorious RBG shows up. Joint would get wrecked.

Her interview with Katie Couric about that is great btw. She starts by correcting Couric that it started before Hobby Lobby, then talks about how she needed he law clerks to explain it, and that her grand children are big fans of it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
She also shows off her Dissenting Collar.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mister Adequate posted:

Nahh, RBG would be the person they call when they accidentally shoot a hitcher they picked up in the face and have to dispose of the evidence.

Obama: You sending RGB?
Marcellus: You feel better now mother fucker?
Obama: Shiiiit negro, that's all you had to say.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

zoux posted:

Yeah but we don't actually do that stuff, because liberals are cowards.

I am, in fact, afraid to ruin perfectly good equipment to annoy someone I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

I am, in fact, afraid to ruin perfectly good equipment to annoy someone I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

I heard it phrased this weekend as "some people just aren't worthy of your vengeance"

Which is probably the most goony, self important, over the top way of saying it, but this is the us politics thread

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Perfectly good? It's a Ford!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

evilweasel posted:

None of us are electable past like dogcatcher.

I get to see my name on the ballot in tomorrow's elections, so there's hope yet!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

I heard it phrased this weekend as "some people just aren't worthy of your vengeance"

Which is probably the most goony, self important, over the top way of saying it, but this is the us politics thread

The phrasing sucks but the sentiment isn't awful. I think a better and simpler way to put it is 'spite is stupid.'

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alter Ego posted:

The idea of Obama getting a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court after his Presidency makes me think longingly of the Freeper tears that would flow.

It's not without precedent, after all...

Obama isn't fat enough.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Magres posted:

The phrasing sucks but the sentiment isn't awful. I think a better and simpler way to put it is 'spite is stupid.'

I go with "don't give people rent free space in your head" but yeah, it's the same deal.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

I go with "don't give people rent free space in your head" but yeah, it's the same deal.

You don't have a little conservative strawman in you head that you destroy in arguments from time to time?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

zoux posted:

You don't have a little conservative strawman in you head that you destroy in arguments from time to time?

I live in Indiana, before that North Carolina, before that rural Illinois, before that Virginia and South Carolina while in the military.

Mental strawmen aren't the problem, not giving in to the temptation to argue with the people around me is the problem.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Ofaloaf posted:

I get to see my name on the ballot in tomorrow's elections, so there's hope yet!

Good luck.

EDIT: A goon block of politicians would be really funny. They call themselves goons, the headlines write themselves.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Good luck.

EDIT: A goon block of politicians would be really funny. They call themselves goons, the headlines write themselves.

I patiently await the day FYADers splintering from the Goon Old Party will force recollection of the Tea Party days of yore....

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Robviously posted:

I patiently await the day FYADers splintering from the Goon Old Party will force recollection of the Tea Party days of yore....

It'll never happen. The FYAD caucus is the conscience of the Goon party.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

zoux posted:

I had to get rid of mine because it just kept repeating the same fox news lines and I don't catch enough of that to refresh the material.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

zoux posted:

Perfectly good? It's a Ford!

Hey, hey. The only problem with Ford was a Ford was running it. They fixed that, and they make world class cars again. Chrysler's QC issues _infected_ Mercedes, and GM is... well, I think recent news has made their flaw perfectly clear.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

quote:

"This is a part of the war on whites that’s being launched by the Democratic Party. And the way in which they’re launching this war is by claiming that whites hate everybody else," [Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL)] told conservative radio host Laura Ingraham. "It's part of the strategy that Barack Obama implemented in 2008, continued in 2012, where he divides us all on race, on sex, greed, envy, class warfare, all those kinds of things. Well that’s not true."

This is just...perfection. :bahgawd:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
He later doubled down.

quote:

"As best I can in the time limitations I have, I try to make sure people understand what the Democrats are doing by raising race as an issue every chance they get," he said. "It's much like the congressmen during the (immigration) debate on Friday: Democrat after Democrat was talking racism and race. And the motivation for their doing so was to try to cause bloc voters of race to vote solely on skin color.

"I'm one of those who does not believe in racism and I believe everyone should be treated equally as American citizens. It's high time folks started calling out the Democrats for their racial appeals. Certainly if you were to flip the coin and a white person were to say vote for me because I'm white, it would be an uproar and deservedly so. So why do we allow blacks to say vote for me because I'm black or Hispanics vote for me because I'm Hispanic? Race is immaterial and everybody ought to be treated the same."

":qq: Why do these mean Democrats keep bringing up race?!? :qq:" ~ a man who said multiple times today that there is a race war going on.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Did you know that all the kids are playing War on Whites? You can download it straight to the computer!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

He later doubled down.

":qq: Why do these mean Democrats keep bringing up race?!? :qq:" ~ a man who said multiple times today that there is a race war going on.

"I don't see color, I judge people by their actions"

Just because he views all black people the same way doesn't mean he's racist, he's just a consistent judge of character.

SedanChair posted:

Did you know that all the kids are playing War on Whites? You can download it straight to the computer!

Is it free to play? What kind of things can I purchase with the in-app currency?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SedanChair posted:

Somewhat surprisingly, its a flash game.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SedanChair posted:

You can get any Saints Row game and kill all the white cops you want, it's quite fun. I think SR2 was randomized enough that cops would be any race, aka more progressive than half of the US.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fried Chicken posted:

Reminds me of this quote from "Ghosts of Mississippi"

When you hate, the only one that suffers is you, because most of the people you hate don't know it, the rest don't care.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

You can get any Saints Row game and kill all the white cops you want, it's quite fun. I think SR2 was randomized enough that cops would be any race, aka more progressive than half of the US.

I don't know where you live where you don't have these hundred year old black women who ticket the poo poo out of the drat Governor if need be.

...yes I just got pulled over by one when on my bicycle for busting two red lights.
My verbal warning was a scary lecture about the safety.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 5, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

These immigrant kids probably have Ebola, says Indiana Republican.

quote:

U.S. Rep. Todd Rokita, R-Ind., suggested Monday that immigrant children from Central America could be carrying the Ebola virus that has killed some 800 people this year in West Africa.

The Munster native, whose district includes Newton and Jasper counties, made the unsubstantiated claim during an interview on Indianapolis' WIBC-FM "Garrison" radio program.

Referencing a conversation he had with U.S. Rep. Larry Bucshon, R-Newburgh, who is a heart surgeon, Rokita said they agreed there is a public health risk associated with the federal refugee agency placing immigrant children in the homes of U.S. relatives or sponsors.

"He said, look, we need to know just from a public-health standpoint, with Ebola circulating and everything else -- no, that's my addition to it, not necessarily his -- but he said we need to know the condition of these kids," Rokita said.

Also I understand that each of these children actually hides a spooooky skeleton inside of them! Be afraid of children!!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
If his knowledge of geography is as good as his heart surgeon skills, he must do bypasses via the rectum.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
In which a couple immigrants meet a dipshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI8rCleTbSo

Also Rand Paul wisely bolts immediately.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The heart surgeon didn't say that, that was an embellishment by Rokita.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

These immigrant kids probably have Ebola, says Indiana Republican.

Also I understand that each of these children actually hides a spooooky skeleton inside of them! Be afraid of children!!

Perhaps...it would be safer to fund a national sanitorium system with universal coverage, just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Badera posted:

This is just...perfection. :bahgawd:

The logical conclusion of everything they've been saying up till this point... I'm worried for them that they might have blown their load though.

Suppose they can still do an encore with 'war on men' 'war on rich people' and 'war on hypocrites'

• Locked thread