Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm coming around on the idea of Hal being scum. These 2 posts seem contradictory

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quidnose is my next choice for scum. His only act of note is a burst of posting around the foo turbo and I feel like he threw out a lot of early effort to build town cred them he's been happy to slip under the radar. I probably owe him another read though before pushing this more.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Quid's level of activity is not really indicative of alignment. He posts plenty as scum if he has the time to. The best way to tell his alignment is either to press him and see how he reacts, or sometimes you can tell from his tone. He can be very aggressive and pushy as scum.

And he has never mentioned GZ once.

Hal, if you are the last scum you should be ashamed of killing Merk N1. Kaschei, you should be ashamed of blatant trolling (but I know you aren't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Hal, if you are the last scum you should be ashamed of killing Merk N1. Kaschei, you should be ashamed of blatant trolling (but I know you aren't)

And that right there is practically confirming me as town.

I'd also have at least lightly bussed zebu

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

What do you think about everyone else? Who do you think we should be voting?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm coming around on the idea of Hal being scum. These 2 posts seem contradictory

And he has never mentioned GZ once.

Ceci n'est pas un troll.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Sorry I only speak Aussie, mate.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

My assumption is that you just weren't around and GZ chose the kill himself. Merk called him scum right before day ended. GZ is new and panicked and killed merk.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kaschei, Hal, are either of you going to bother posting any opinions?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

At this point it feels like we have two scum left and it is both of them.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

kaschei is the scum. ##vote kaschei

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

What do you think about everyone else? Who do you think we should be voting?

If you are scum, congrats, you've done a good job!

The flip of mafia roleblocker interests me. Would a roleblocker block the self-watch? If so, then asiina's role has no town function really. Still, I am begrudgingly coming around on asiina as town.

FV feels like town to me.

That leaves kaschei, who was another one who didn't want to vote foo (I gotta be right on one of those) and usually even the most flippant version of town kaschei would have made some sort of point by now.

We've likely got two shots at this (hopefully but not surely) but I think kaschei is pretty much it by process of elimination and by his posting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Haha yeah, reread kaschei, it's him.

Sorry for not paying attention to this game sooner, we should have gotten him right away.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha yeah, reread kaschei, it's him.

Sorry for not paying attention to this game sooner, we should have gotten him right away.

What's the gotcha for him that you see? What was obvious so early?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What's the gotcha for him that you see? What was obvious so early?

Basically he never left jokephase and he's been happy to sit back and let town kill themselves. By D2 town kaschei would have opinions

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

The flip of mafia roleblocker interests me. Would a roleblocker block the self-watch? If so, then asiina's role has no town function really. Still, I am begrudgingly coming around on asiina as town.

I asked and roleblock would have won.

So I guess I would have failed to watch myself?

I imagine it as someone coming up behind you and holding their hands over your eyes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kaschei, got anything to say (in English, that is relevant to the game)?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd like to vote Kasch. Here's my thinking. I *DO* think he is scum. I'm still thinking there is probably only one scum left. Ideally it will end the game.

But, if it doesn't? If he was town? I mean, it would suck, but gently caress it, he isn't helping us. If one of Hal/Kasch is the final scum, I'd rather not have someone so unhelpful to town in the game anyway. I'm sick of players who don't play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I asked and roleblock would have won.

So I guess I would have failed to watch myself?

I imagine it as someone coming up behind you and holding their hands over your eyes.

So basically a worthless role?

I am a little worried about Asiina voting me out of the gate. If there are two scum somehow then the second one is hovering around waiting for someone else to drop a vote on me and then they win. That seems way too strong of a scumteam though so I'm probably being paranoid.

Votes out of the gate in late game always make me nervous though, since that's totally a scum tactic to sneak in an easy win.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'd like to vote Kasch. Here's my thinking. I *DO* think he is scum. I'm still thinking there is probably only one scum left. Ideally it will end the game.

But, if it doesn't? If he was town? I mean, it would suck, but gently caress it, he isn't helping us. If one of Hal/Kasch is the final scum, I'd rather not have someone so unhelpful to town in the game anyway. I'm sick of players who don't play.

Whoa dude, I've offered opinions all game. I haven't been able to post much, but I've certainly had stuff to say about foo, Asiina, quid and others. Get down off your high horse or you are off my Xbox friends list.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kaschei if you are town get bent

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Kaschei if you are town get bent

Qft.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If there WERE two scum it would have to be asiina and kaschei at this point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whoa dude, I've offered opinions all game. I haven't been able to post much, but I've certainly had stuff to say about foo, Asiina, quid and others. Get down off your high horse or you are off my Xbox friends list.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I like seeing your name there!

I'm actually really happy you are back and participating now. I haven't had a chance to reread you lately though in light of the last vote+NK. I have a lurker bias. I can't help it. You were lurking for awhile and so it's held. If the others don't want to do Kasch with me, I'll have to re-examine you before I cast my vote. :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

So basically a worthless role?

I am a little worried about Asiina voting me out of the gate. If there are two scum somehow then the second one is hovering around waiting for someone else to drop a vote on me and then they win. That seems way too strong of a scumteam though so I'm probably being paranoid.

Votes out of the gate in late game always make me nervous though, since that's totally a scum tactic to sneak in an easy win.

I think maybe if I was visited by town roles then I could have known and wouldn't want to lynch them if we got to end game? I'm not sure if that was the intended use of this role, but it ended up not mattering cause a whole bunch of power roles are dead and nobody ever visited me.

I think that with a survivor/vig that 3 scum would be very broken. There's only 11 people so a mislynch, a NK, and town getting vigged could have given it to the scum and 3P on D2. Poque isn't a crazy person, so there must only be 2 scum.

Personally I think it's you and I decided that I'm going to vote you until you die because it's totally you Hal.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
King B don't be taken in by Hal. He's a nice guy even when he is the scum and he is totally the scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I won't be, I'll look into him properly again if I need to.

But he's actually here and talking and that is actually helpful in the long run, either way.

What Kasch is doing is not.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I tried to rally some enthusiasm but then Opo died, I didn't have any working theory, and all the lynches seemed nonsensical and still do.

I'm not going to say I've been doing a stellar job because obviously I haven't.

I have one opinion to give right now and that's that Asiina's role claim seems to be equally useless to mine so I believe it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

kaschei posted:

I tried to rally some enthusiasm but then Opo died, I didn't have any working theory, and all the lynches seemed nonsensical and still do.

I have one opinion to give right now and that's that Asiina's role claim seems to be equally useless to mine so I believe it.

And your claim is?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The flipped roles are literally the three most standard mafia roles. Self-watcher is rare, but can be useful in some setups. In this one it's got no value unless someone is hiding some amazing role.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

kaschei posted:

We lynched scum and you think we've only had nonsensical lynches?

You soft claimed, but it's too late for that. Full claim. You hinting that you might have a town role cuts no ice at this point in the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also kaschei, why are you no longer pushing or voting Hal? He's basically the only other person you've mentioned all game.

Now that we're down to the last 5 you don't have a single opinion on any of the remaining players?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

kaschei posted:

There is no reason to hold back the full claim at this point. Especially if it is useless anyway.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Claim. Claim. Claim! Claim!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I can hide alternate nights

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Haha Poque what game have you saddled us with.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Asiina posted:

Haha Poque what game have you saddled us with.

don't modshame

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, now give us some opinions on the players still in the game.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'd rather stay over here getting bent

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I hear that's a town thing to do

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote kaschei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

kaschei posted:

I'd rather stay over here getting bent

It can be arranged.

##vote kaschei

• Locked thread