Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

MaoistBanker posted:

Well, that's the end of that. Mwahaha.

That's the rumour, anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
At this rate, I'm waiting to hear that Cooter has the Haunta Virus or some poo poo.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

I mean don't write a loving article about hating the guy but man dude was an easy dude to hate

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

Holy gently caress :ohdear: Kimmo. AMac47 to the rescue!!!!

Such a great gif

Ginette Reno posted:

How the gently caress do you get blood clots in your lungs? Is Kimmo roiding?

After chemo doctors were certain I had a pulmonary embolism based on how my blood oxygen plummeted at night but when they made me breath marker gas and x-rayed my lungs for a picture there was nothing to be found

It's not really related, but hey, Kimmo sounds an awful lot like Chemo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vicas posted:

Kimmo sounds an awful lot like Chemo

I can confirm this.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP Flyers

Connor McDavid, come on down

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Look I'm not greedy. I'll settle for Jack Eichel.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Hand Knit posted:

And, because you will ask, that is Wyoming that apparently hates Ottawa.

I see that Flyers logo hiding behind the pens one. Don't think I didn't see you, bitch!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is there a new toxx thread yet?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Dallan Invictus posted:

robots.txt is A Thing.

archive.org might not be showing anything but google has a lot of his site cached. For example: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:QWnsIjpOD1kJ:www.mc79hockey.com/2013/05/the-2005-06-oilers-not-a-fluke/+&cd=4&hl=en

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
want sum fuk?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
You know what the Oilers could use more than a stats guy is say, a defenceman capable of playing in the nhl

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

And through Dellow they'll discover they have none.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah weird that a team that thought trading for Mark loving Fraser was a swell idea would add an analytical mind to the organization, what with all their success in identifying talent.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Petry and Fayne are okay. Ference used to be okay. Marincin might be okay. That adds up to two or so.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

eXXon posted:

Petry and Fayne are okay. Ference used to be okay. Marincin might be okay. That adds up to two or so.
Please don't forget about Nikita Nikitin or his cap hit could continue to grow :ohdear:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
its too bad they got rid of tambo before they hired dellow, imagine meetings with both of them in them.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah weird that a team that thought trading for Mark loving Fraser was a swell idea would add an analytical mind to the organization, what with all their success in identifying talent.

andrew ference though

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

deafmute posted:

Please don't forget about Nikita Nikitin or his cap hit could continue to grow :ohdear:

I'm not sure that he really exists. Nicholas Nicholasson, really?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Koopa Kid posted:

You don't need an analytical mind in order to fire a bunch of idiots who have consistently made awful moves with no consequence. You think now Kevin Lowe will stop being a moron all of a sudden? Will the fact that Craig Mactavish once killed a human being disappear because @mchockey88 showed up? Don't get me wrong, I am totally fine with the Oilers not adressing their real problems. I hope they hire forty stats guys then hire me and Mike from Toronto who just show up and watch one practice and say 'oh your problem is all these guys aren't good and they're physically weak' and then we run the team

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

DOOP posted:

RIP Flyers

Connor McDavid, come on down

The Flyers getting McDavid would be the best

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

tofes posted:

The Flyers getting McDavid would be the best

Eat a bag of hell.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So uh.. how do the Flyers get under the cap now?

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Diet Crack posted:

More suspicious illnesses.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Diet Crack posted:

Andy MacDonald was last seen hiking in the woods with Ron Hextall.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

mennoknight posted:

You don't need an analytical mind in order to fire a bunch of idiots who have consistently made awful moves with no consequence. You think now Kevin Lowe will stop being a moron all of a sudden? Will the fact that Craig Mactavish once killed a human being disappear because @mchockey88 showed up? Don't get me wrong, I am totally fine with the Oilers not adressing their real problems. I hope they hire forty stats guys then hire me and Mike from Toronto who just show up and watch one practice and say 'oh your problem is all these guys aren't good and they're physically weak' and then we run the team

Nope I didn't think or say any of those things, actually. I didn't even say the Oilers would get any better as a result, just that it's not ridiculous for the Oilers to add someone to the organization.

But hey no need to get all nerdy, just sign better players! Why hasn't anyone thought of that before right?

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Jordan7hm posted:

That was my thinking as well. I can't imagine why the Oilers of all teams wanted to hire him. Other than to make him stop posting about how terribly they're run.
Eakins apparently was impressed by Dellow tearing his usage of Taylor Hall to pieces, I guess?

mennoknight posted:

MacTavish killed a girl thirty years ago, but that has nothing to do with his ability to run the Oilers.

Lowe, on the other hand, murdered an entire hockey franchise.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

My name is Mike

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Ekblad took a big hit today and left with an upper body injury

Diet Crack posted:

Between Pronger and Timonen being on LTIR they've got like $6.9mil worth of cushion so they should be okay on that front I think

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Diet Crack posted:

The NHL keeps raising the limbo stick, and the Flyers just keep getting bigger stilts.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Diet Crack posted:

Long Term Injured Reserve, you say? :toughguy:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
PS here was a shot of Team Canada's opening lineup from the whjc summer scrimmage came they have going on

L-R Ryan Pulock, Brendan Leipsic, Zachary Fucale, Félix Girard, :allears: Curtis Lazar and Darnell Nurse :allears:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
wait, MacTavish murdered someone?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Austrian mook posted:

wait, MacTavish murdered someone?

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-05-14/sports/sp-19126_1_craig-mactavish

Man the times have changed. He'd have got a lot more than 1 year these days.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I love that the wiki includes that he was apparently able to watch almost every game from prison.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

JoelJoel posted:

I love that the wiki includes that he was apparently able to watch almost every game from prison.

That's not anything unusual.. or atleast it wasn't back then. I know now that things have gotten worse and worse in US prisons over the years, where you are lucky if you aren't sharing a tent in the desert these days, but in most civilized countries having access to television or a radio is not uncommon. I think in most cases in Canada you can even go on the internet for some time each day.. supervised of course.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-05-14/sports/sp-19126_1_craig-mactavish

Man the times have changed. He'd have got a lot more than 1 year these days.

You think? I'd be surprised if he went to jail at all today as an active athlete.

Also I'm sure people would argue against introducing internet to jails (even though I think there's some access in the libraries in lower security prisons) because 1. THEY'RE CRIMINALS and 2. What if they go to howtoescapefromjail.com ?!?!?!?! (like there's no way to lock down computers when you can watch literally everything they do)

e: actually any suggestions of bringing our correctional system and treatment of convicted people in the US is shut down by "THEY'RE CRIMINALS!!!" as though it takes away their personhood (they actually believe it does take away their personhood though, and felons also forfeit their right to vote(!!!))

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Look Around You posted:

You think? I'd be surprised if he went to jail at all today as an active athlete.

Also I'm sure people would argue against introducing internet to jails (even though I think there's some access in the libraries in lower security prisons) because 1. THEY'RE CRIMINALS and 2. What if they go to howtoescapefromjail.com ?!?!?!?! (like there's no way to lock down computers when you can watch literally everything they do)

e: actually any suggestions of bringing our correctional system and treatment of convicted people in the US is shut down by "THEY'RE CRIMINALS!!!" as though it takes away their personhood (they actually believe it does take away their personhood though, and felons also forfeit their right to vote(!!!))

Someone died. He'd be made an example of. See: Vick

Also, hockey not big sport.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Someone died. He'd be made an example of. See: Vick

Also, hockey not big sport.

Dany Heatley got probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Look Around You posted:

it's not worth diving into a terrible derail, but yeah, it's depressing. Ask the same people whether the individuals who have served their sentences are still criminals and more often than not you'll get a 'yes' in response.

• Locked thread