Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
So your result is either dwarf or other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If they don't like beer I'd lynch them regardless

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
##vote capps

Tell us about the levers, and take the hammerer vote off so the unjanitoring theory can be tested imo

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

:ghost: i literally have a single result to go on, which is other :ghost:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Philip J. Fry posted:

If fry is town, there's no way scum kill him so unless we really start kickin rear end he's going to be around in lylo. That seems like a really really bad scenario.

because this is also true

guys there are a lot of mechanics being taken for granted over an undisputed doctor claim. we don't fully know how grandi's role works, we don't fully know how betrayer's role worked, and we sure don't know if there's a role that screws with investigations.

it's weird that there's a backup cop instead of an alternate-night cop like there is with the doctor.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I seriously don't think I've ever seen a scum claim doctor. Have you? Think about it.

Providing odd-night doctor as a fakeclaim would give a huge amount of extra information to scum too.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I hope the bastard mod pulls a lever and we all die in a fire

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
grandi when I die, please don't bring me back to this game.

Hey speaking of anti-town roles, Grandi roleblocked me. Why did we never address that?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Somberbrero posted:

Hey speaking of anti-town roles, Grandi roleblocked me. Why did we never address that?
Because Grandi has actually been open about his role, and wasn't cryptic about anything

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

I seriously don't think I've ever seen a scum claim doctor. Have you? Think about it.

Providing odd-night doctor as a fakeclaim would give a huge amount of extra information to scum too.
Claiming Doc as scum is a pretty good idea

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

:ghost: I have been in three games that included a doctor that wasn't town aligned, including Dr Cox :ghost:

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Somberbrero posted:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh what are you talking about I dont even remember this

Somberbrero posted:

because this is also true

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

Claiming Doc as scum is a pretty good idea

can you expand on this for my future use?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

I have.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

can you expand on this for my future use?
Doctors need to look a bit scummy so they don't get night killed and can attempt to protect the town up until lylo so they usually play a fine line game

also people are hesitant to lynch them

that's my take on it anyway

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm old and I don't understand anything anymore.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Somberbrero posted:

I'm old and I don't understand anything anymore.

I can take you out Old Yeller style if you want :cry:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

Doctors need to look a bit scummy so they don't get night killed and can attempt to protect the town up until lylo so they usually play a fine line game

also people are hesitant to lynch them

that's my take on it anyway

they're hesitant until there's a counter-claim!

also acting scummy/being scum are different things

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

also acting scummy/being scum are different things
ehhh not really otherwise this game wouldn't work

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I think I'm going to admit defeat and say I believe BNs claim, at least. Still not sure about Somber. Nobody is opposed to an AC lynch and I think that's the better lynch regardless of Somber's true alignment.

##vote AC, like I posted that list and nobody said "nah AC is town". Can we agree here?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
BN I really hope you're just going out of your way to gently caress with me because that's honestly the funniest conceivable outcome.

##unvote ##vote AC

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tearshed posted:

I think I'm going to admit defeat and say I believe BNs claim, at least. Still not sure about Somber. Nobody is opposed to an AC lynch and I think that's the better lynch regardless of Somber's true alignment.

##vote AC, like I posted that list and nobody said "nah AC is town". Can we agree here?
is this post scummy as hell

yes

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

tearshed posted:

Hahaha what happened to 100% Somber is town like you said earlier? And for reasons other than you thought big nothing was lying?

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

tearshed posted:

##vote tearshed

"I'm going to believe the cop claim but I'm not going to vote the guy he's fingered.

Also, I'm going to go and vote someone who appears to be a super easy lynch and distract everyone away from lynching the guy I now believe to be aligned against town."

dude, weak

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

The Science of Suck posted:

Hahaha what happened to 100% Somber is town like you said earlier? And for reasons other than you thought big nothing was lying?
I still believe that Somber is a Good Guy. I didn't believe BN's claim earlier. Now I do.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

tearshed posted:

I still believe that Somber is a Good Guy. I didn't believe BN's claim earlier. Now I do.

So what? A busdriver/framer/inverter/whateverthefuck?

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
I think there's stuff messing with this game. Some janitored flips, some not. Kill flavor disappearing. The levers capps mentioned having seem like a likely cause. Read his posts about setup speculation.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Philip J. Fry posted:

So what? A busdriver/framer/inverter/whateverthefuck?
Well Somber -did- claim Doc on D4, and now it's D5. Possible that the scum have a framer and used it last night on him.

My wincon is to eliminate threats to the fortress. I don't see Somber as a threat regardless of his two possible alignments. He is a) Town (probably the odd doc) or b) Other (but no proof of being a threat).

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I don't know what your deal is, other than that you are ostensibly town, but I know that I am town and there is little reason to the contrary unless you are playing this game from inside of your butthole. An inverter is my best guess here because I have no clue otherwise, presuming you aren't lying for some reason.

AC is fine by me, waiting for a claim.

I have two votes on me. No. If you're going to make a mistake on me, fine, but don't drag information out of me before it's needed.

tearshed posted:

"derpdeder, the cop claim's legit but let me tell you why we should vote for someone else"
Alternately,
"Let's completely ignore this new information that I think is true so we can vote for this other guy"

tearshed posted:

Well Somber -did- claim Doc on D4, and now it's D5. Possible that the scum have a framer and used it last night on him.

My wincon is to eliminate threats to the fortress. I don't see Somber as a threat regardless of his two possible alignments. He is a) Town (probably the odd doc) or b) Other (but no proof of being a threat).

"Other" in this case meaning non-dwarf, look at

Big Nothing posted:

:ghost: How PM tied cop flavour into a game about dwarves. Only brewers can make beer, and obviously dwarves love beer so its easy to see if somebody is a dwarf or not by their reaction to :siren:free beer!:siren:. Once the brewer dies, the farmer is the only person that knows the lucrative secret to brewing the perfect dwarven stout! :ghost:

This post. "Other" just means "not dwarf." "Other" does not mean "benign third party," it means "not town." Bringing up your wincon is pointless- it's literally adding "I'm town" before "and this is what I think." It's a scummy thing to do. I also don't like the "NO PROOF OF BEING A THREAT" line.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

tearshed posted:

BN hasn't stated when he investigated Somber so I don't understand why you're assuming it was last night. It's way more likely that it was night 3, especially since I don't think stumps can use powers (not 100% on this)

How do you not see a threat from a player who has been investigated as not-town but is claiming town. I don't understand. AND why are you just deciding that he can't actually be scum? We've had two investigation results and they've both been "other."

You're working really hard to make this game fit your logic, not the other way around.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Philip J. Fry posted:

How do you not see a threat from a player who has been investigated as not-town but is claiming town. I don't understand. AND why are you just deciding that he can't actually be scum? We've had two investigation results and they've both been "other."

You're working really hard to make this game fit your logic, not the other way around.

Poison Mushroom posted:

[*] Dwarves win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
[*] Nobles claim to be aligned with Town, but who knows what they're actually up to?
[*] Scum wins when they comprise at least 50% of the population, and no other groups who could control their dominance remain.
[*] Any other alignment will have self-aligned win conditions. None will prematurely end the game, however.

Poison Mushroom posted:

1. Hal Incandenza, Dead, Self-Aligned Thief
  2. Jefepato, Dead, Scum-Aligned Ninja
  3. Rascyc, Dead, Town-Aligned Even-Night Doctor
  4. ThirdEmperor, Dead, Noble-Aligned Jailor

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Philip J. Fry posted:

BN hasn't stated when he investigated Somber so I don't understand why you're assuming it was last night. It's way more likely that it was night 3, especially since I don't think stumps can use powers (not 100% on this)
I had no idea when BN was killed but looking back at the flips, he was killed N3. And BN said he investigated Somber the night he died.

Big Nothing posted:

:ghost: I'm a backup cop btw. I got activated after Meds died, still got a investigation off on before i died, and Somb is definitely Other Aligned. Please vote for this traitor! :sun: :ghost:

BN can you please clarify if your result was self-aligned, or simply "other".

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
If you were the True odd-night doctor, and a scum/unknown claimed your role, you would counter claim right?

But would you counter claim against someone who was investigated as 3p? I'm not sure.

Somber could be a 3P and claimed Odd-night doctor, and the true Odd-night doctor isn't counter-claiming because he doesn't want to throw his role/life away just to lynch a 3P when he could save it to counter-claim a scum. This is a big barrier stopping me from considering Somber as a bad guy. Help.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I don't believe Somber would make up odd doctor, it's too ridiculous and it would be easy to get caught.

But from the OP:

Poison Mushroom posted:

• Fakeclaims will be provided with the Role PM for all non-Town.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Aren't fake claims usually flavor-related? Telling scum that a role is available as a fake claim makes the game easier for them.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
Even if Somber is lying there might not be an odd doc to counter

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

The Science of Suck posted:

Aren't fake claims usually flavor-related? Telling scum that a role is available as a fake claim makes the game easier for them.

I've seen this done before, though in this case it's even more so since there's an odd and even doc (probably).

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I think I'm about to give. Let's say we lynch somber today, what does tomorrow look like? Sorry for the exhausting day.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

tearshed posted:

I think I'm about to give. Let's say we lynch somber today, what does tomorrow look like? Sorry for the exhausting day.

You mean if we mislynch today? 3 scum, 10 alive (assuming single kill tonight). We can get the lynch wrong once more if there's one kill every night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
I don't have any compelling reason not to lynch Somber, just doubts based on setup speculation

• Locked thread