Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Manatee Cannon posted:

I know some people have issues with B2/W2, but I really want whatever Z is to be like this than what the third game has traditionally been in the series.

Yeah, a sequel going over the same area a year or two later is more fun than a third game with a couple token differences. Takes more effort though, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I know some people have issues with B2/W2, but I really want whatever Z is to be like this than what the third game has traditionally been in the series.

Oh god yes. Sure, it's two games, but I love the differences, plus it would be nice to see where the story goes after XY.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Silegna posted:

Oh god yes. Sure, it's two games, but I love the differences, plus it would be nice to see where the story goes after XY.

I definitely agree, but my main question is "where would it go?" B/W 2 seemed to be the idea from the beginning, what with a few plot threads left hanging and Cynthia foreshadowing the hell out of the Tournament. I really can't think of anything like that in X/Y. I'm not saying they couldn't or shouldn't, it'd be a great idea, but unfortunately I don't really see it happening.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Arcade Rabbit posted:

I definitely agree, but my main question is "where would it go?" B/W 2 seemed to be the idea from the beginning, what with a few plot threads left hanging and Cynthia foreshadowing the hell out of the Tournament. I really can't think of anything like that in X/Y. I'm not saying they couldn't or shouldn't, it'd be a great idea, but unfortunately I don't really see it happening.

Well, there are loose ends that need to be tied up. For one Lysandre being exposed to the light of the weapon, along with the protagonists. Which I believe Sycamore mentions.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Silegna posted:

Well, there are loose ends that need to be tied up. For one Lysandre being exposed to the light of the weapon, along with the protagonists. Which I believe Sycamore mentions.
Regarding that loose end: I got the impression that the protagonists were not exposed to the effect, given that they escaped the cave collapse and Lysandre didn't. Mind you, a sequel could still have an immortal Lysandre dig his way out.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Regarding that loose end: I got the impression that the protagonists were not exposed to the effect, given that they escaped the cave collapse and Lysandre didn't. Mind you, a sequel could still have an immortal Lysandre dig his way out.

Quote from Sycamore. "You were exposed to the Legendary Pokemon's energy in Team Flare's secret HQ." The same energy that made Lysandre immortal, and revived his Floette. So, yeah, still a bit of a loose end.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Silegna posted:

Quote from Sycamore. "You were exposed to the Legendary Pokemon's energy in Team Flare's secret HQ." The same energy that made Lysandre immortal, and revived his Floette. So, yeah, still a bit of a loose end.
I don't think you mean who you think you mean. Lysandre doesn't have a Floette.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

#29. New Mexican Enclave

Alright, quick flight.

What? No.

cool customer like you might have it!"

Man. I am not required to prove my coolness to a pilot.

. . .

. . .

. . .

Be right back.

Choro Notes: You get the Ace Pilot medal for using Fly 20 times.

Yo check it.

. . . Great.

Choro Notes: Your only reward for doing this is a pilot thinks you are a cool guy.

She was literally researching where ghosts come from.

Yeah, why not.

To the skies!

"Also a Tynamo bit me . . . "

"I was researching Tynamo! One bit me. But I already said that. C="

"The bite felt like kissing a wall socket."

Hey there's no problem with Jawnie flying right?

I'm just asking because she doesn't take well to heights and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cyHktiPILQ

Music: Lentimas Town

I brought you out here."
Is it ghosts?

Yeah ninjas mentioned that before they knocked us out and threw us off their pirate ship. They may have been led by a wizard.

"I suggested vivisection but Haley was pretty against it . . . "

has to say about this."

So, what you're saying then, is you brought me here for me to go to a different place?

What, no.

Oh . . . you agree with me?

You know what, yeah. YEAH! I'm right, here!

will be interesting."
Interesting for who?!

You are talking to the wrong person!

Fire-type Pokémon in Reversal Mountain."

. . . Why do they call it Reversal Mountain?

battle, he probably won't talk to you."
Yes, of course. I know. Whatever, I'm on it.

- - -

Choro Notes: Lentimas Town is completely new in Black2/White2. It looks neat but there's not really that much here.

You know who's cool? Cheren. Cheren does not call me randomly.

quote:

???: Hi . . . Is this Vinny?
: This is Papa V and Lil' J. Whatup?
: Mwyehhhh
???: . . .
: Jawnie, don't be weird.
???: Really? Strange Pokémon are your favorite, Vinny? Strange Pokémon are quite popular among many of my friends, too!"
: . . .
???: . . . Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Bye!
: Mweh.
: Agreed.

Choro Notes: This is one of three items in the town. There is really not TOO much here, like I said.

Uhhh . . .

Choro Notes: It zooms in. That's it. It's not useful.

Choro Notes: Here's the second Move Tutor. Like the one in Driftveil City, this one takes Shards as payment, but only Blue shards. From this point on, the Move Tutors will tend to teach moves that were TMs in Gen4. (Dragon Pulse, Icy Wind, etc) I don't have enough shards for any of the moves I want! I'll have to come back later.

2 Shards - Last Resort, Iron Defense
4 Shards - Magnet Rise, Magic Coat
6 Shards - Block, Hyper Voice, Electroweb, Icy Wind, Iron Tail
8 Shards - Aqua Tail, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Foul Play
10 Shards - Superpower, Gravity, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse

Well, my mother is a loving individual.

- - -

Choro Notes: Charge Beam is a fairly weak Electric-type move, but it has a 70% chance of increasing the user's Special Attack by one stage. I like it, personally.

- - -

I guess I'm supposed to go through it, yeah.

Sinnoh region."

Choro Notes: The Spell Tag increases the holder's Ghost-type moves' power.

Well, into the volcano we go.

- - -
Choro Notes: Hey here's a side thing for a medal!

Choro Notes: If you buy mail and give it to a monster to hold. That is a medal right there.

quote:

Ace Pilot Medal - A Medal for those who flew all over the Unova sky using Fly.
Pen Pal Medal - A Medal to honor the nostalgic communication method of writing Mail and having a Pokémon hold it.

Chorocojo fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 6, 2014

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, this part of the game. This part nearly made me leave B2 entirely, out of how drat boring it was. Hopefully you can take it better than I could, Chorocojo, I just couldn't enjoy it at all.

Also that's one impressive mail. Considering how bad the censor is, I'm surprised something like that is possible.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, this part of the game. This part nearly made me leave B2 entirely, out of how drat boring it was. Hopefully you can take it better than I could, Chorocojo, I just couldn't enjoy it at all.

Also that's one impressive mail. Considering how bad the censor is, I'm surprised something like that is possible.

I'm not gonna lie, that is one of the couple of reasons the updates slowed down once I hit Castelia: the game really hits retreadville until about here. The game is about to get balls-out stupid, I swear.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Blaze Dragon posted:

I barely remember this point of the game, but I do get some flashbacks of something about the area around this place really annoying me.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I really like the design of this area and the following dungeon (although it's cooler in White 2 iirc). It's a shame they don't really do anything with it!

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Boy, that letter takes on a whole different meaning if you recite it out loud. What the hell are you encouraging kids to do, Nintendo?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Fun Fact: In KH3D, one of the Dream Eaters you can make is called a Pricklemane. You can't use the default name, since it has "Prick" in the name. Nor can I figure out why you can't name yourself Pixyl in Mystery Dungeon for the 3DS.

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Chorocojo posted:

Who knows. I didn't do HGSS, I probably won't do ORAS either. Honestly I find it hard to get excited for it.

I thought I was the only one. I think this means I'm getting old.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Lentimas Town is one of the few things I remember about B2 (I was so bored by most of the game it just didn't stick with me). I was disappointed they didn't do more with it/make it a bit bigger, I liked the look of the town so much (mostly because I live in the desert southwest myself).

Also, belatedly, the Bianca's journal updates continue to be adorable. :3:

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Eyre Kneed posted:

I thought I was the only one. I think this means I'm getting old.

Mine's just mostly "Well all my guys are in Y. I'm not moving those guys again."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm pretty sure this is right where my playthrough stalled out. I just couldn't take the feeling of déjŕ vu any more... Even though this is the first place since the second gym that's entirely new content.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
I really like Lentimas Town's aesthetic. It's just kinda neat, wish there were a bit more to do there.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
That is the best letter.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lentimas is also a bit of a disappointment after the start presents you with a fair amount of new area, followed by the Aha effect when you see more familiar sites and suddenly you´re in a dull colored town with nothing to do. :(
Lentimas town and the next dungeon were to me two of the worst parts in the game. Lentimas town is completely forgettable due to the lack of things to do. In addition I didn't like the Pokes on this route either.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jawnie does not like flying at all.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Chorocojo posted:

I'm not gonna lie, that is one of the couple of reasons the updates slowed down once I hit Castelia: the game really hits retreadville until about here. The game is about to get balls-out stupid, I swear.

It's weird, because this LP has made me question why I didn't like B2 all that much. I recently replayed B1 and I still really enjoyed that. I'm hoping these next few updates will remind me before I play through it myself and find out.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
It almost looks like Jawnie wants to bite off Bianca's head.

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.

Darth TNT posted:

In addition I didn't like the Pokes on this route either.

I love one of the Pokes on this route

get a scorpion. c'mon red, do it. just a barrel full of scorpions

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Isn't the Ghost House near here? That's literally the only thing I remember about Lentimas town. I caught a Litwick from there on my last playthrough. Love them ghost candles.

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...

Mecheon posted:

I love one of the Pokes on this route

get a scorpion. c'mon red, do it. just a barrel full of scorpions

Aw, you guys don't like Numel/Camerupt, Trapinch, Drifblim, or Skarmory?

Even though BW2's plot is stupid as hell and it can be slow at times, I never had much problem getting through it. I like Lentimas Town, I'm fond of desert based places in Pokemon.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Lentimas definitely should have been bigger, hell, maybe it should have had a gym, rather than somewhere else (which is also a boring place, but also annoying to navigate).
The upside is that the next update should feature the most awesome B2/W2 area not in the original games.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Spatula City posted:

Lentimas definitely should have been bigger, hell, maybe it should have had a gym, rather than somewhere else (which is also a boring place, but also annoying to navigate).
The upside is that the next update should feature the most awesome B2/W2 area not in the original games.

I'd have gladly replaced Skyla with a Rock or Fire gym in this town just to shake things up a little. Not that I have anything against her or her gym, but I like my semi-sequels to have some more unique settings than the original. Without that, this place comes off as pure filler.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Silegna posted:

Nor can I figure out why you can't name yourself Pixyl in Mystery Dungeon for the 3DS.

Because someone asking for "pix" in a children's game may not have the best of intentions.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Raitzeno posted:

Because someone asking for "pix" in a children's game may not have the best of intentions.

...I looked it up. Pixyl apparently is a group that was investigated for Alchohol.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Jawnie does not like flying at all.

Even when you're being chewed up by your research subject, NEVER STOP TAKING NOTES.

These are truly the skills of a Pokemon researcher.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Chorocojo posted:

Mine's just mostly "Well all my guys are in Y. I'm not moving those guys again."

Couldn't you just move the stuff from ORAS you use to Y instead?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Geostomp posted:

I'd have gladly replaced Skyla with a Rock or Fire gym in this town just to shake things up a little. Not that I have anything against her or her gym, but I like my semi-sequels to have some more unique settings than the original. Without that, this place comes off as pure filler.

Personally I'd have replaced Burgh. There's already enough to do in Castelia as it is.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Silegna posted:

This may come as a surprise, but in Pokemon Y, neither the PC nor Lysandre get exposed to this "Light of immortality", since Y has the legendary of destruction.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Darth TNT posted:

In addition I didn't like the Pokes on this route either.

Dude what? Drifblim owns man. My adorable ghost blimp buddy.

I really like the next area and spent a long while just roaming around in there because I love the music too. It's really cool.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Dude what? Drifblim owns man. My adorable ghost blimp buddy.

I really like the next area and spent a long while just roaming around in there because I love the music too. It's really cool.

No kidding, Drifloon/Drifblim rules- cute and also a hard hitter with STAB Shadow Ball, and for whatever reason people forget it can also be taught Thunderbolt. Not the fastest but its got a sizeable amount of hp.

It would also solve the current group's severe ground weakness.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Tar_Squid posted:

No kidding, Drifloon/Drifblim rules- cute and also a hard hitter with STAB Shadow Ball, and for whatever reason people forget it can also be taught Thunderbolt. Not the fastest but its got a sizeable amount of hp.

It would also solve the current group's severe ground weakness.

My teams having a severe weakness to Ground is a recurring trend and I see no reason to end it now. :shepface:

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Chorocojo posted:

My teams having a severe weakness to Ground is a recurring trend and I see no reason to end it now. :shepface:

Ah, you do know the definition of insanity? "Doing the same, and expecting a different result." But, as this is your shtick, I have no reasons to say anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Silegna posted:

Ah, you do know the definition of insanity? "Doing the same, and expecting a different result." But, as this is your shtick, I have no reasons to say anything.

Well considering I keep winning, insanity seems to be the winning solution.

• Locked thread