Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

This is top five "things I've seen on the Internet"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

EasyEW posted:

File this under "Yeah, whatever", from one of my NYC based Facebook friends:

"So I walked out to get some lunch today at work, and since I work next to Manhattan Center, I spy 3 trucks on 35th street with Ryder markings on them. Looking a little closer, I see a piece of paper taped to the doors: 'Property of TNA entertainment'.

"So, all of TNA fits in 3 Ryder trucks. Not sure if that's sad or funny."

I worked ring crew with ECW's touring shows towards the end of the line (99-2000ish), and that sounds about right. It was usually 3-4 Uhauls. Ring equipment, some safety rails and utilizing the building's PA system, there really isn't a whole lot more to it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Last set of TNA Tapings ever the next 3 days.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
wrong thread, sorry folks

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 6, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmao janice on a pole

wrong thread btw

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

lmao janice on a pole

wrong thread btw

these were my exact thoughts

get out of my head oatgan

also I know it's probably a wacky ladder match but I don't care, janice on a pole sounds funnier

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wonder what the crowd is like for tonight because there's tons of seats available for tomorrow.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I wonder what the crowd is like for tonight because there's tons of seats available for tomorrow.

I hope they chant "HIRE RUSSO"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

didn't know they still made xplosion. where do they even air it?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It airs on Challenge in the UK. It's quite pointless.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dixie's Twitter profile:

Oh, TNA :allears: They didn't even do this properly, it's just the one half of the table flipped and copy and pasted, so the two pieces would never fit together.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Oh, TNA :allears: They didn't even do this properly, it's just the one half of the table flipped and copy and pasted, so the two pieces would never fit together.

Dixie has some experience with that.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

it's just the one half of the table flipped and copy and pasted, so the two pieces would never fit together.

who cares

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Yuriy posted:

who cares

your fired cares.

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
TNA is Dixie. Once you realize that this is how she sees this company, and that everyone loves her (in her mind), you realize why she MUST be be on television. The dumb ignorant TNA fans could not live w/o her.

Dixie sucks, hth.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Thank God! Finnish and Swedish wrestling is pretty ok. The Norwegian stuff is TNA compared to it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No SPIKE TV renewal was announced to the live crowd yesterday.

Oh.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

Oh.

That'll pop a rating.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Russo put out another statement last night, this time the gist of which is "My working for TNA wasn't a secret, and Spike knew and loved me. Also Meltzer and Mike Johnson smell (and Mike Johnson might have made the whole thing up.)"

I would copy and past it, but his stupid site makes my virus scanner break down in tears.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Skinty McEdger posted:

Russo put out another statement last night, this time the gist of which is "My working for TNA wasn't a secret, and Spike knew and loved me. Also Meltzer and Mike Johnson smell (and Mike Johnson might have made the whole thing up.)"

I would copy and past it, but his stupid site makes my virus scanner break down in tears.
I forwarded that article to Dave. If we're lucky, he'll lay into him in the next Observer.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grendels Dad posted:

your fired cares.

I just checked with my fired, it disagrees. :shrug:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Oh.

Wait did they announce that there wasn't a renewal, or there was no announcement either way?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

Oh.

Good, now they can really take it to Vince, now that they don't have to worry about those bastards at Spike holding them back and doing nothing for them by giving them a national TV deal and promoting their product. :smug:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Good, now they can really take it to Vince, now that they don't have to worry about those bastards at Spike holding them back and doing nothing for them by giving them a national TV deal and promoting their product. :smug:
And they get to keep Vince Russo too. :D

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Seriously I can't find any info at all about this announcement to the live crowd. PWInsider explicitly says Dixie didn't appear on the tapings or to the crowd, so it didn't come from her.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Seriously I can't find any info at all about this announcement to the live crowd. PWInsider explicitly says Dixie didn't appear on the tapings or to the crowd, so it didn't come from her.

I'm reading it as "there was no announcement made"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DJExile posted:

I'm reading it as "there was no announcement made"

And you would be correct.

Imagine Jeremy Borash announcing "Ok guys TNA Impact has not being renewed. So who wants free T-Shirts?"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Perigryn posted:

And they get to keep Vince Russo too. :D

It doesn't get much more TNA than that! :hfive:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Imagine Jeremy Borash announcing "Ok guys TNA Impact has not being renewed. So who wants free T-Shirts?"

I actually can imagine that, "TNA is moving onwards and upwards to deliver the great wrestling you've come to expect, in an on-demand format, leveraging one of the biggest online presences in existence! YOUTUBE!"

But in the voice of a castrato Larry Zbysko.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

flashy_mcflash posted:

I actually can imagine that, "TNA is moving onwards and upwards to deliver the great wrestling you've come to expect, in an on-demand format, leveraging one of the biggest online presences in existence! YOUTUBE!"

But in the voice of a castrato Larry Zbysko.

"Because YOU demanded it!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

This is JB so it'll be "everyone is fired but whoever I see making THE MOST NOISE tonight will get FREE backstage passes"

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

WWE has been incredibly successful in making their brand name synonymous with "pro wrestling" to the rest of the world (getting people to call wrestling "sports entertainment" has been less successful in that regard, though). It even survived the name change from WWF to WWE.

I don't think that even WCW, at the peak of their success during the Monday Night Wars, ever managed to truly shake that association for people. TNA never even had a chance.

This is true. WWE has a total monopoly on mainstream pro wrestling that I don't ever see changing. Smaller feds have about as much chance as a startup football league trying to outdo the NFL (which, ironically, is something the WWE know a lot about)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

rovert posted:

Oh.

Where'd you get that from? I tried looking up "TNA Borash" on Twitter and

@PaulSpenc posted:

@TheEpicality2 Jeremy Borash went to a gay bar while TNA was in WV and showed his uncircumcised cock He told me it was his MUD FLAP

that didn't help

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

more reasons why Jeremy Borash owns.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

I actually can imagine that, "TNA is moving onwards and upwards to deliver the great wrestling you've come to expect, in an on-demand format, leveraging one of the biggest online presences in existence! MYSPACE!"

This would be more like it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

So if they intentionally advertise and show Dixie getting tabled tomorrow (which Bully Ray has been hyping on Twitter for a week) thus breaking the #1 rule of no violence against women, is there an outside chance Spike replaces Impact with COPS reruns next week?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

So if they intentionally advertise and show Dixie getting tabled tomorrow (which Bully Ray has been hyping on Twitter for a week) thus breaking the #1 rule of no violence against women, is there an outside chance Spike replaces Impact with COPS reruns next week?

it was taped forever ago. If Spike didn't want to show it it they wouldn't show it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

This is good but it's just not the same without the kinetic typography video to go along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
The underlining also isn't as good as actually hearing Steiner go "Kurt Angle KNOWS..."

• Locked thread