Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Caught you before your edit and now I want to see a list of scumbag Florida State guys. I'd imagine they'd put up a pretty good fight just since they've been around a lot longer.

Not that it should apply to this vote in any way of course.

Well, I realized that that's one of the reasons I hate Ray Rice, but it's not the reason he's on this list and it's not the primary reason I hate him.

The most inexplicable part of it to me is not the crocodile tears on ESPN, but the two goddamn game suspension. Jesus Christ, how on earth does ANY rational sports official justify TWO GAMES for beating your fiance unconscious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mooseontheloose posted:

This is a tough one but my vote goes to Ray Rice because a) I hate the Ravens and the Ravens celebrated him after he beat his wife. b) Roger Goodell had a chance to send a message to the league and the world that this is not loving ok and he whiffed. c) My feeling is that Ray Rice pressured his wife to rescind.

Winston did something just as horrible but the NFL stood by and said not only is this cool we support this guy.

Gotta go with this, they both deserve the win here but I gotta go with Ray Rice just because on top of doing a horrible thing to a woman he was praised and coddled afterwards by basically every level that could have punished him, and he probably pressured the rescinding too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alter Ego posted:

Jameis could bust in the NFL and get his comeuppance.

That poor kid will only get millions of dollars from a first round contract. :qq:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chichevache posted:

That poor kid will only get millions of dollars from a first round contract. :qq:

Truly, the best punishment for an unrepentant rapist.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:siren:(3)Ray Rice improbably runs for 25 yards and a first down; (2)Jameis Winston breaks out left for 21 yards but falls short of the first!:siren:

The morning after Rice ran away with a 2nd round win, Janay Rice had this to say:

Episode 22: Player Safety; that's the entire joke.

Featuring: (1)Greg Schiano vs. (5)Tom Benson

Greg Schiano

We now go down to our very own Jon Gruden for an interview. Jon?

Gruden: Greg. Why don't we start by talking about your opponent, Tom Benson.
Schiano: It's a crying shame, Jon. This guy, he's a Schiano guy. He's a Schiano man. The way he handled himself was a credit to the Saints organization and frankly if he hadn't had that dead weight of a head coach we could have seen some real progress from them.
Gruden: What exactly did you like about Benson?
Schiano: You know, he wants to save money. Save money! I love it! He could cut a their quarterback, their wide receiver, a lineman. I love it. Now see the folks at home and the second guessers in the media don't understand it. Cutting players, Jon. Cutting players feels so good. Cheating them out of their money feels even better. Also gently caress Josh Freeman.
Gruden: Were there--
Schiano: So. drat Good. You call them into your office, Jon, all polite and friendly like. You sit em down and look into their eyes and you start talking and wait for it to dawn on em. Their adorable little Afro and big brown eyes got no place because dammit they ain't a Schiano man. They're toast.
Gruden: The situation with Josh Freeman.
Schiano: Josh Freeman, he wasn't playing at the level we expect for Schiano football. There are lots of reasons for that. Did he have health issues? Yes. Did he have substance abuse issues? Yes. Does he have an unpaid parking ticket in Manhattan, Kansas from 2008? Yes. Is his former address 1522 South Saint Patrick Lane, Tampa, Florida? Yes. Is his Social Security number 299-56-5206? Yes. Did he illegally downl--
Gruden: Greg, thank you, we're going to go back to the studio.
Schiano: --AND Ghostbusters 2? Yes. Is his VIN 44GH35TL44JN3312-2? Yes. Does he have an American Express--

VS.

Tom Benson

And now a few words from this douche

Money.

I have it. You don't.

If you vote for me, you are really just mad that I am more successful than you. That, and you simply do not understand the business of football.

Look. I feel for the players who get concussions. I really, really do- they are one of the reasons that I have more money than you, and if they get hurt, so does my wallet. However, they knew the risks when they took this job. They are well compensated for the risks they take, so it is on them if they get early onset dementia or have trouble walking at 30.

Just remember, more money equals better than, so its fine that I am using some laws to reduce the amount that I have to give to these plebes. It is the natural order of things, so stop complaining about it.

Greg Schiano; jackass, hack.
Tom Benson; uncaring, disinterested employer.
Lets face it neither one of these assholes is beating Ray Rice.
DOUCHE!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm voting for Greg Schiano, because outside of being the poster boy for douche-bag coaching, he presided over the organization that allowed MRSA to end the promising career of All-pro Guard, Carl Nicks.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
This year should come down to a battle between Greg Schiano and Richie. What did Tom Benson do this year anyway except be wealthy?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I am obligated to vote for Tom Benson for all eternity. Schiano should probably win it though.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Schiano all the drat day.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Magnitogorsk. posted:

What did Tom Benson do this year anyway except be wealthy?

Apparently tried to become wealthier by attempting to change Louisiana law to screw over injured players.

quote:

The legislation aims to calculate workers' compensation benefits for pro athletes based only on recent earnings, while the NFL's collective bargaining agreement has a formula that also includes future earnings. Multi-year NFL contracts typically have significant annual raises built in, and are paid primarily during the 17 weeks of the regular season, while offseason pay consists primarily of per diems.

Under a worst-case scenario, the NFLPA said, the legislation could cause a player's workers' compensation benefit to be based on per-diems if the player was hurt during preseason, rather than the much larger, annual contract.

I'm still voting Schiano but Benson earned his nomination.

e: attempting to change I should say, I think this did get shot down later on.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 7, 2014

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Schiano is awful. I can't wait to see his showdown with Bielma.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Chilichimp posted:

I'm voting for Greg Schiano, because outside of being the poster boy for douche-bag coaching, he presided over the organization that allowed MRSA to end the promising career of All-pro Guard, Carl Nicks.

To what degree he can be blamed for a dirty locker room, I agree.

But the Freeman affair makes Greg Schiano a giant douche.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
SCHIANO MAN SCHIANO MAN SCHIANO MAAAAAAN

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

TubeStank posted:

SCHIANO MAN SCHIANO MAN SCHIANO MAAAAAAN

gently caress YOU FOR RUINING SEVERAL PLAYERS

gently caress YOU GREG SCHIANO

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Schiano is going to run away with this one.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Greg Schiano

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Schiano might not be the worst but he's pretty loving close to it

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Greg Schiano

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Greg Schiano. This rear end in a top hat likely leaked confidential medical information about one of his own players. If there's any internet justice, Schiano is taking the title this year.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Benson Cause the dude has all that money, and I want it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JG Wentworth posted:

Benson Cause the dude has all that money, and I want it.

Would you go so far as to say that it is "Your money, and you need it now?"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Benson for literally trying to change the law just to gently caress people over.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Chilichimp posted:

Would you go so far as to say that it is "Your money, and you need it now?"

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
schiano maaan

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Greg will win this tournament

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Out of all the Belichick wannabes who came and went over the years Greg Schiano's flameout was the most hilarious.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Schiano, for exemplary acts of douchiness over the last year.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
There cant be enough votes for Schiano.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Greg Schiano

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Schiano

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Schiano. Benson's a bastard, but did HE try to build a team of NFL monsters and decimate Tim Tebow in a game 24 to 7?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's a shame Schiano is so terrible because Benson deserves to be tarred and feathered in public. But even trying to get the law changed to gently caress over injured players isn't as bad as directly ruining several players' careers.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
There isn't a nominee that I don't hate but I'll go with Schiano because again, gently caress him for ruining people's careers because they didn't fit his terrible standard.

Mughe fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 7, 2014

jugulator45
Apr 1, 2009
Greg Schiano

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I might call this poo poo tonight, but like chasing down routing armies with cavalry in Total War... this is mostly about running up the numbers.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Chilichimp posted:

I might call this poo poo tonight, but like chasing down routing armies with cavalry in Total War... this is mostly about running up the numbers.

I appreciate this reference.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Schiano Men vote for Greg Schiano regardless of what the vote is for because Schiano always wins the vote (and Freeman always loses the vote).

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Greg Schiano. I have never gained so much humor from one aggressively incompetent person.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Benne posted:

Out of all the Belichick wannabes who came and went over the years Greg Schiano's flameout was the most hilarious.

Don't forget him rushing the victory formation too. SCHIANO MAN

Benson was a dick but greggy put together a complete year of douchitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Gregory Edward Schiano

• Locked thread