Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

just get a staffordshire instead, basically the same as a pit but the killer is bred out so it's a great pet again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
when I was five or six I saw a girl the same age get her nose literally torn off her face by a pitbull.

I don't like them

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my old neighbors had a mastiff, and mastiffs confirmed for owning hard
if you're going to get any dog just get that one

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

yea, i see a bunch of people with dogs which scare me. I guess that's the point? but like it's gonna eat the face off your child not me.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

No. 6 posted:

Not shown in the photo, the baby behind the camera that the pit is waiting to eat.

Duuuh, how else are you going to get a pit to smile? Shrill, gasping nannies are too heavy to pick up and shake above a dog's head.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

ignoring the breed's unpredictable violent tendencies and idiot trash owners, let's not forget that they are irredeemably ugly

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I like it when I meet peoples' pit bulls and the people try to be cool and hide the fact that they're pissed that the dog isn't being more aggressive and intimidating because I'm pretty much the dog whisperer.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Amarcarts posted:

I like it when I meet peoples' pit bulls and the people try to be cool and hide the fact that they're pissed that the dog isn't being more aggressive and intimidating because I'm pretty much the dog whisperer.

And their dog's name was Albert Einstein.

hemale in pain posted:

yea, i see a bunch of people with dogs which scare me. I guess that's the point? but like it's gonna eat the face off your child not me.

It's not the point, but it would seem like that to someone's who's afraid of dogs, whether because of poor parenting, media over-consumption or an actual bad experience with a dog.
Given the mythology of their violence (which like all myths, has some basis in fact) pit bulls should probably not be your starter dog for getting over your fear. An older labrador would be a good starting point.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the problem is once you know how dogs work, you can tell easily if the owner has control of their dog or not. Most pitbull owners have no control over there dog and it is very obvious. This makes that person's dog scary.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
put a newborn on a pitbull's snout
"waait, waaaaait"
"good girl. waaaaaait. wait. OK GO!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The little rascals made the pitbull seem cool.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

what always gets me about this photo is the fashion choices of the person on the right of the anguished girl. fringe jacket, too short bellbottoms, witch shoes. its all very strange, even for the time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I like that one cattle dog that flashes back to Vietnam when it sees cupcakes.

Good dog.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have a sister who as 2 pitbulls and then she had a baby and now the pitbulls never leave their cages in the basement. A good dog's life.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
there trash dogs for trash humans

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

LifeSizePotato posted:

ignoring the breed's unpredictable violent tendencies and idiot trash owners, let's not forget that they are irredeemably ugly

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW
I remember in the last GBS pitbull thread, some Australian who legit owned pitpulls for hunting feral pigs, posted a pic of one of them in a frilly pink tutu walking around with their kid.
I think they where trying to prove that pitbulls are safe near children when trained properly, or something.
anyway gently caress pitbull owners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UT8mRqFGBM
bunch of loving psycopaths

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
They have terrible genetics when it comes to their skin and allergies. They're always trying to eat their feet off and poo poo.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Pickle dicker posted:

I remember in the last GBS pitbull thread, some Australian who legit owned pitpulls for hunting feral pigs, posted a pic of one of them in a frilly pink tutu walking around with their kid.
I think they where trying to prove that pitbulls are safe near children when trained properly, or something.
anyway gently caress pitbull owners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UT8mRqFGBM
bunch of loving psycopaths

Was that the same one who was posting pictures of pit bulls posed with kittens and duckling and human babies and poo poo.
SEE LOOK THESE DOGS ARE TOTALLY SAFE.

Pit bulls are poo poo, abort pit bulls

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Owning pets is slavery.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
when did pitbulls replace roti's as poor people dogs?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

dontcareaboutname posted:

when did pitbulls replace roti's as the dogs pearl clutchers love to hate?

Mid 80's. Fearmongering bonus: Ownership by black people (who were also crack users, obviously) featured heavily.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Geoff Zahn posted:

Pit Bulls aren't bad dogs! [Insert anecdotal evidence]

Pit Bulls are vicious animals! [Insert facts and statistics]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
you probably should not own one if you don't know what the gently caress you're doing with training a dog

they are more unpredictable and stronger than most other dogs

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

they are more unpredictable and stronger than most other dogs

that's just media bias and breedism

a pitbull/rottweiler mix is just as suitable a dog for a family with a young child as a yellow lab is

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
What I don't get is why they got picked as the "tough" dog as overcompensating dumb people

like aren't there bigger dogs?

Why don't insecure people get one of those irish wolfhound dogs or something?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Monkey Fracas posted:

What I don't get is why they got picked as the "tough" dog as overcompensating dumb people

like aren't there bigger dogs?

Why don't insecure people get one of those irish wolfhound dogs or something?

pit bulls can take out much larger dogs pretty easily because they are a lot quicker and stronger

also have you tried to walk a dog like that? those things poo poo like 10 lbs

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I will some day own a German Shepherd. I will name it something very German sounding and it will be very disciplined and wear a handkerchief around :3: also I'll give it lots of doggie steroids so if a retard pitbull tries to start poo poo it will get demolished. I wonder if you can specifically train a dog to only be hostile to a certain breed? Like make an anti-pitbull attack dog.

I don't understand people that already own a big dog (and usually have enough trouble with it alone) then feel the need to get a pit bull. Like, why the gently caress are they so popular where people specifically feel the want/need to get one even though they can barely take care of their first dog?

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 8, 2014

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
german shepherds are actually the dumbest dogs, get one and don't train it and it'll be twice as viscous as a pit bull

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Maybe they are hoping the pitbull will "take care of" the other dog.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Justin Tyme posted:

I don't understand people that already own a big dog (and usually have enough trouble with it alone) then feel the need to get a pit bull. Like, why the gently caress are they so popular where people specifically feel the want/need to get one even though they can barely take care of their first dog?

waht people

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
mexicans mostly

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

girls with daddy issues

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 629 days!

The amount of people who put virtually no thought into getting a difficult dangerous dog like a rottweiler or pitbull is loving staggering.

I know a guy with his masters who just adopted a shelter pitbull on a whim one day, never owned a loving dog before.

Of course he didn't train it and the thing is loving scary to be around.

Impulsive morons seem to love pits, and it is literally very bad for society as a whole, but mostly just small kids.

Edit: lol wtf, how did I get this av?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

purely anecdotal so therefore breedist, but when i go to the park, or dog parks, i notice that a pretty large majority of the pit/pit mixes i see aren't even neutered

smdh

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

purely anecdotal so therefore breedist, but when i go to the park, or dog parks, i notice that a pretty large majority of the pit/pit mixes i see aren't even neutered

smdh

I would not be looking at their balls. I would be more concerned with the brutal pitbull bloodbath of mangled children and dogs with their throats ripped out that inevitably occurs if even a single pit bull is brought within 400 meters of a park or dog park.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 629 days!
Tho you will notice Tiger Woods apparently did not get a pit bull because he is both successful and not an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
i would only own a full blooded wolf personally

• Locked thread