Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I like how Joe Silva keeps tempting Roy to use his BJJ but it never happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I like how Joe Silva keeps tempting Roy to use his BJJ but it never happens

Roy has good BJJ but no hope of using it against almost anyone

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
Aside from all those highlight reel knockouts (that he's been on the wrong end of), this has to be my favorite clip of Koscheck:

http://youtu.be/QK9MkSL1MfM

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Keith Mars posted:

Aside from all those highlight reel knockouts (that he's been on the wrong end of), this has to be my favorite clip of Koscheck:

I like the moment on that season of TUF after McKenzie's just ran through Marc Stevens and all Josh can do is stare in silence and put on some lip balm (possibly to motorboat GSP's rear end?)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Was that the one where he spent his entire feature segment of the episode talking about all Cody has is the guillotine, says all we have to do is avoid the guillotine, trains to avoid the guillotine and then when the fight starts he immediately dives headfirst into Cody's armpit?

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
I'm sad about Koscheck getting another gig because that deprives us of the best thing he can offer nowadays, getting knocked out senseless in spectacular fashion.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Keith Mars posted:

Also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7z5lo9TFDA#t=2m54s

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i want to hear josh koscheck's opinion on gays and nerds. he's going to have to opine on something not entirely about fighting at some point and it's going to be loving hilarious if he doesn't get thrown off the set for giving the grip a swirly for going to film school

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Was that the one where he spent his entire feature segment of the episode talking about all Cody has is the guillotine, says all we have to do is avoid the guillotine, trains to avoid the guillotine and then when the fight starts he immediately dives headfirst into Cody's armpit?

Then Stvens played up his friendship with Koscheck to get himself a wild card fight to be back in the game and managed to get choked out to an englishman no one has heard of from again. Marc Stevens was just the best.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
At risk of invoking my custom title I didn't really think the JBJ Jimmy Kimmel interview was all that bad. It seemed way less forced and beep-boop-I-am-contrite-human than the Sports Center interview at the very least. I guess I was just expecting him to come off as the Ur-Autist from how it was described earlier in the thread.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

quote:

Georges St. Pierre's Totally Real List of Guys I Want on My Team For The Ultimate Fighter:

• MARC STEVENS
  • MARC STEVENS
  • Marc Stevens
  • marc stevens
  • everybody else

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Max Awfuls posted:

I'm sad about Koscheck getting another gig because that deprives us of the best thing he can offer nowadays, getting knocked out senseless in spectacular fashion.

He'll probably say something stupid and insensitive and piss someone off quickly enough.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

He's so :allears::allears: in all those confessionals, it's really endearing.

Signed, KOSCHECK APOLOGIST #1

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Faber is injured and is being replaced with Bruce Leeroy, so instead of Faber vs Not Kid Yamamoto it's now Not Faber vs Not Kid Yamamoto

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
That sucks, but I'm sort of not surprised. Originally Faber was suggested for the Sacramento show at UFC 177 this month, but apparently it was too soon from an injury he suffered during his last fight. I'm guessing he aggravated it again or that injury led to a new one. Sucks cause Faber was absolutely going to get another submission win and would then have the UFC record, i believe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Faber is injured and is being replaced with Bruce Leeroy, so instead of Faber vs Not Kid Yamamoto it's now Not Faber vs Not Kid Yamamoto

Didn't Faber just beat Bruce Leeroy?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

Didn't Faber just beat Bruce Leeroy?

Yes. Maybe if Bruce Leeroy wins in convincing manner, he can get a title shot

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Looks like 175 did 500-545k buys. A pretty good number for a bunch of non-draws plus Machida.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I still wanna know what that Japanese guy did to deserve Urijah Faber as his original debut opponent.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It's not like he deserved it, it's more like Joe Silva and Sean Shelby really enjoy getting overmatched Japanese fighters unwinnable fights.

Kid getting murdered by Faber fits perfectly if you accept the idea that Joe Silva hates him and jizzed himself when Joe Warren wrestlefucked him.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I still wanna know what that Japanese guy did to deserve Urijah Faber as his original debut opponent.

Be Japanese and Urijah's weight on a Japan card. It's pretty simple.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

1st AD posted:

Looks like 175 did 500-545k buys. A pretty good number for a bunch of non-draws plus Machida.

good for weidman

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

1st AD posted:

It's not like he deserved it, it's more like Joe Silva and Sean Shelby really enjoy getting overmatched Japanese fighters unwinnable fights.

Kid getting murdered by Faber fits perfectly if you accept the idea that Joe Silva hates him and jizzed himself when Joe Warren wrestlefucked him.

This is all elaborate payback for Pancrase.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

1st AD posted:

That's really good, and I don't see how anyone could watch that fight and not buy Weidman's next PPV, if that was really a problem before 175.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I know this sub-forum likes their half naked men, but here are pictures of UFC Latin America ring girls:
http://coed.com/2014/08/08/the-new-latin-american-ufc-octagon-girls-estas-muy-bonita-photos/

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

1st AD posted:

Isn't that only slightly less than 162 did?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I know this sub-forum likes their half naked men, but here are pictures of UFC Latin America ring girls:
http://coed.com/2014/08/08/the-new-latin-american-ufc-octagon-girls-estas-muy-bonita-photos/

I like how their official FB page coupled that news with the ol' "Ay Caramba!"

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

1st AD posted:

Machida, yeah, who did he fight against there anyhow?

:saddowns:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9vRRJ8no3A

has this been shared here yet?

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Its so awkward, can hardly watch it.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
It's glorious. Please don't get injuries, I can not wait for this fight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's been shared but we should probably make sure everyone watches it.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's been shared but we should probably make sure everyone watches it.

this one's off the air

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I don't even watch MMA and I'm going to buy Jones/Cormier. If there are more people like me then Dana must be pretty pumped about all of this ballyhoo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

hahaha cormier owns

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Wamsutta posted:

I don't even watch MMA and I'm going to buy Jones/Cormier. If there are more people like me then Dana must be pretty pumped about all of this ballyhoo

They're definitely jazzed about it. You might see some requisite "this is bad for the sport" stuff from them but I think it's pretty well summed up by the fact that their official PR guy was the one who got tossed through the backdrop like a comedy routine and by all accounts he was pretty happy after realizing he wasn't dead or injured.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Did someone grab that on a satellite feed or was it leaked by ESPN or something cause that actually makes the sport look worse when you have a champion saying he's seriously going to kill a guy a dozen times.

oh poo poo it just went down after I watched it

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

cormier owns, god drat

edit: working link (for now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YkYicPxxM

2 fat 4 my lambo fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 8, 2014

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Wamsutta posted:

Who are you rooting for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Bubba Smith posted:

Did someone grab that on a satellite feed or was it leaked by ESPN or something cause that actually makes the sport look worse when you have a champion saying he's seriously going to kill a guy a dozen times.

oh poo poo it just went down after I watched it

That isn't very christian of Jones.

• Locked thread