Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dolphins FO.

I thought this was going to be a tough one, but that insurance poo poo with the scout is loving awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Chichevache posted:

DFO literally removed a specific medication from the health care plan so that it would gently caress with one scouts ability to keep his wife alive.

Maybe you have a point in other match ups, but I think you're choosing the wrong time to make this point considering the Dolphins Front Office specifically went out of their way to try and harm an ill woman.

Ya just thinking out loud , still bitter about Jameis not going through despite doing exactly what Ben did.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It's hard to tell what is worse: executives who passively ruin a few years of their free labor force or executives who actively ruin the entire lives of everyone who work for them.

Oh wait, no it isn't. Dolphins Front Office is just the worst, and they do it without even pretending like their doublespeak works.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JG Wentworth posted:

Ya just thinking out loud , still bitter about Jameis not going through despite doing exactly what Ben did.

To be fair, it was Bens like... 3rd time or some poo poo.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

To be fair, it was Bens like... 3rd time or some poo poo.

In my mind I pictured us gunes putting Jameis through to the final where he narrowly wins the Douche Cup. This momentous event opens up Jameis's eyes and he decides to dedicate his life to fixing his wrong. Now, with this defeat Jameis will become a serial rapist, and its all your fault for not doing what is right.

This is my DotY Fan Fic

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Dolphins FO

Not even close for me, I can't even imagine the horror of being a loyal employee for years, caring for your wife with such a condition, and then having the rug pulled from under you like that.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Thaddius the Large posted:

Not even close for me, I can't even imagine the horror of being a loyal employee for years, caring for your wife with such a condition, and then having the rug pulled from under you like that.

wait what happened here?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Dolphins FO my friends

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fat greasy puto posted:

wait what happened here?

http://deadspin.com/dolphins-scout-says-he-was-fired-for-staying-home-to-ca-1582909818

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fat greasy puto posted:

wait what happened here?

Check out my post on the last page. I didn't quote the part where he'd worked for the Dolphins forever and no one else had a problem with him, you know, taking care of his wife who has a terrible disease while still doing his job.

Still not changing my vote though :colbert:

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Dolphins Front Office and it isn't really a debate. The DFO has been horrible for the last decade since they hired Nick Saban with little if anything to show for it except for a few good Ricky Williams seasons.

The other guy is a forgettably mediocre person wasting his time in the SEC.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Dolphins Front Office is just ridiculously evil.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Oh Snapple! posted:

Dolphins FO.

I thought this was going to be a tough one, but that insurance poo poo with the scout is loving awful.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Voting Dolphins Front Office.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Still phone posting. Adding this to Ole Miss résumé. Racists are mad about more confederate stuff. A demonstration is planned for tomorrow.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
These two are even, but one of them is the dolphins and the other isn't, and gently caress the dolphins, so DFO

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
holy poo poo I did not know this :stonk:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:siren:(6)Dolphin's Front Office wins after an early lead is blown by (7)Bret Bielma. 24/11:siren:

Episode 23: It's not gay when it's a 3-way.

Featuring: (1)Darren Rovell vs. (8)Pete Prisco vs. (4)Nolan Nawrocki

Darren Rovell

Technowrite posted:

Darren Rovell for being a penis.

http://deadspin.com/these-emails-confirm-that-espns-darren-rovell-is-a-sens-1572043642

Seriously, though, this guy is the ultimate in brand and corporate rear end sniffing. Currently everything that is wrong with business reporting.

Darren Rovell could not be reached for an interview, but he recently made some tweets regarding the tournament

VS.

Pete Prisco

It seems that Pete Prisco also wrote an article about his opponent, Darren Rovell

Darren Rovell is douche of the year--no matter what voters say
by Pete Prisco

The Douche of the Year Tournament in the National Football League is already over, folks.
Pack it up.
Go home.
The fan voting nonsense, which I have been on record as opposing, continues, and it's more of a charade than ever. We all know who the winner is.
The winner is not a man speaking his mind, standing up for what's right and fighting against injustice (me). I wrote a column in the fine digital pages of CBSSports.com, stating the facts about the immoral and downright cruel lawsuit that greedy, irresponsible former players filed against the perfectly innocent National Football League. I sought to reassure readers that the NFL could afford the unfair settlement and that we at CBSSports were watching out for the vulnerable owners against the greed of lazy, shiftless former players.
No, I am not the winner of this tournament.
The winner of this tournament is Darren Rovell, folks. The top seed is going all the way.
Why? Because Rovell has the douchiness to reduce human conflicts to simple numbers, meaningless bullshit about image and brand, and capitalism-above-all cynicism. Rovell doesn't have a heart; he has a calculator. He's more concerned with the image of the league and the dollar amounts than he is the impact on people's lives--Oh shoot, you know what, would you look at that, I'm out of word count. Have a rundown of the league's most elite quarterbacks.

VS.

Nolan Nawrocki

Even though he is a gigantic douchebag, Mr. Nawrocki is still in need of love. Let's see what kind of lady he is searching for!

It is a match between new school douche media
Against old school douche media
Which goes further in an all out douche out?
Only one way to find out!
DOUCHE!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Rovell looks so douchey I want to punch his face, and I don't say that much.

Did any of these guys do anything heinous this year?

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
Nawrocki for being a fascist fuckwit

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Darren Rovell. His tweets embody everything that this tournament is about in my humble opinion.

Chilichimp- I won't have internet til the 20th. Just do one match every two days until this round is over.

If you want to do more, as there will still be about 4 days of dead space left, PM me and I'll tell you how to run the first round of Hall of Fame voting.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

effectual posted:

Nawrocki's scouting reports were the usual Draft Psychology

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/461921602796802048

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

effectual posted:

They basically all did more of what they're famous for. Rovell being a soulless twat and trying to bully people on twitter, Nawrocki being racist whatever you want to call his bullshit on scouting reports, Prisco writing clickbait terrible sports columns.

I'll go with Rovell, whoever wins deserves it.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Rovell

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Darren Rovell tweeted this about an hour after Paul George snapped his leg in half.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Darren Rovell by a loving mile. The worst sports media person out there, no question.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

effectual posted:

Prisco wrote a column arguing that players didn't deserve money from the NFL over the concealing-concussion-damage issue. He basically leads the media on the "they knew what they were getting into" front. Nawrocki published his usual race-baiting draft evaluations, hiding behind anonymous scouts who say this or that player carries himself with a me-first attitude. Rovell was a hypersensitive, hypercapitalist piece of poo poo who seriously does tweet things like "gotta wonder how Nike will respond" when a player who endorses Nike gets arrested.

I actually have no idea who to vote for

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Nolan Nawrocki for making the already terrible draft process even more unreadable as well as going on about his bench press in his actual bio for his website, which screams douche.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm gonna vote Pete Prisco just to ensure he gets points on the board because he's an rear end in a top hat.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Maybe whoever nominated Rovell already posted this but its required reading for this round:

http://deadspin.com/darren-rovell-is-narcing-out-people-who-make-fun-of-him-1560861380

Find something more douchey than that

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Darren Rovell because it may sully his #brand

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Maybe whoever nominated Rovell already posted this but its required reading for this round:

http://deadspin.com/darren-rovell-is-narcing-out-people-who-make-fun-of-him-1560861380

Yeah OK, none of these guys get me riled like the previous matchups in this round but Rovell is clearly a tremendous rear end in a top hat so let's go with him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah OK, none of these guys get me riled like the previous matchups in this round but Rovell is clearly a tremendous rear end in a top hat so let's go with him.

Pete Prisco wrote this. Nolan Nawrocki is the reason you see fake smile jokes. They're definitely all jerks.

Not that Rovell isn't a fine vote, just the rear end in a top hat factor is way up there for everyone here.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Nawrocki because obvious racism is obvious.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?

Pron on VHS posted:

I thought that twitter-account was a fake one. Apparently it is not, so here you go Darren Rovell, this one is for you.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Rovell because that entire twitter crap and going after the kid by contacting his university is the epitome of douchey.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Douche4Sale posted:

Rovell because that entire twitter crap and going after the kid by contacting his university is the epitome of douchey.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Rovell is pure 200 proof douche distillate. If he doesn't win this whole thing, well... that won't happen.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Grittybeard posted:

Pete Prisco wrote this. Nolan Nawrocki is the reason you see fake smile jokes. They're definitely all jerks.

Not that Rovell isn't a fine vote, just the rear end in a top hat factor is way up there for everyone here.

Pete Prisco honestly advocated against paying players for having been lied to about the effects of concussions.

The other two are a water-headed sedentary capitalist scum and a caste football-esque draft organ, which has far less impact than honestly exclaiming that labor doesn't deserve compensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Darren Rovall for being a sensitive penis which is what I need at this time

• Locked thread