Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
He is such a self-mark. Launched a million Holy Wars, never drew a dime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sono posted:

Remove 2 letters for JVH. God is coming to TNA. Another WWE castoff, that'll put butts in the seats.
Don't you mean IVH? And if you mix those letters what do you get? HIV which means TNA is getting Andre Davis since they are going to be booking prison shows now!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

God will get KO'd in one punch by Serg.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Has anyone else here imagined a paralell universe where instead of giving Dixie a Wrestling company to mollify her, her daddy bought her an NBA team to destroy instead? Or a furniture company? Or a squeaky toy? Or aanything else really?

I suppose my point is why did Dixie choose Wrestling as an outlet for her incompetence, when Panda Energy would have thrown money at whatever she wanted just to get her out of the house.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

It really doesn't matter. Nobody who is a fan of TNA knows who Jessica Havok is.

im not a fan of TNA but i went to high school with jessica havok and she was always really nice and i hope she does well in whatever is left of TNA

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

achillesforever6 posted:

TNA is getting Andre Davis since they are going to be booking prison shows now!

Can't wait for Adebisi to get booked.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

whatsabattle posted:

Can't wait for Nick Gage to get booked.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

whatsabattle posted:

Can't wait for Dan Quinn to get booked.

Tip the cap, stud.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

There was said to be panic and chaos backstage at the TNA Impact Wrestling tapings on August 6th, the second night of this week's tapings. The cause was the news that came out about WWE possibly moving SmackDown back to Thursday nights.

This combined with everyone expecting some kind of announcement regarding TNA's future with Spike TV caused people to worry. Regarding reports of Spike not renewing TNA's deal and TNA management denying those reports, there are many people in the company that talk like they believe management but others are more skeptical.

TNA officials reportedly held a meeting the next night that left some talents in an upbeat mood but officials did not give a clear answer about their future with Spike. Talents were told previously that they would be getting good news at this week's tapings.

It's no secret that SmackDown going to Thursdays would kill Impact's ratings and any chance of a deal they may have with Spike and other networks. Spike likely would not move Impact to Friday nights because of Bellator MMA. Sources at Spike have noted that there is nothing new between the two sides since the reports from last week came out.

~ WON

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

I Before E posted:

can't wait for Nick Gage to be booked.

Book Zandig to yell at him

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Sono posted:

Remove 2 letters for JVH. God is coming to TNA. Another WWE castoff, that'll put butts in the seats.

But according to Exodus nobody is allowed to look upon His face!

Oh wait, it's alright. TNA.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Assuming Impact sticks around, would Smackdown going to Thursdays really hurt TNA? I'm under the impression that the TNA audience is mainly diehards who will never watch any WWE programming regardless.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ZDar Fan posted:

Assuming Impact sticks around, would Smackdown going to Thursdays really hurt TNA? I'm under the impression that the TNA audience is mainly diehards who will never watch any WWE programming regardless.

The attempted "Monday Night War" disagrees.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ZDar Fan posted:

A significant portion of TNA's audience, something like 40% chose Raw over Impact in 2010 and that was with TNA loading up every show they could and bringing in all sorts of stars. The vocal TNA fans hate WWE (or say they do) but a big percentage of their casual viewers are primarily WWE fans.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

ZDar Fan posted:

I'd think the majority of the TNA audience are people who will watch any sort of wrestling no matter how bad. The actual "diehards" can't be more than a few thousand people.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

My brother's girlfriend is a nurse in a Pittsburgh hospital and said that Kurt Angle was one of her patients today. Did he get another surgery? Should I be asking her for hot scoopz?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Has anyone else here imagined a paralell universe where instead of giving Dixie a Wrestling company to mollify her, her daddy bought her an NBA team to destroy instead? Or a furniture company? Or a squeaky toy? Or aanything else really?

I suppose my point is why did Dixie choose Wrestling as an outlet for her incompetence, when Panda Energy would have thrown money at whatever she wanted just to get her out of the house.

Well, they saw how successful Ted Turner was, and they wanted to dfffffthahahahahahaha nope can't do it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

My brother's girlfriend is a nurse in a Pittsburgh hospital and said that Kurt Angle was one of her patients today. Did he get another surgery? Should I be asking her for hot scoopz?

not unless you dont mind her getting fired for violating patient confidentiality

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

John Cena posted:

not unless you dont mind her getting feast or fired for violating patient confidentiality

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

John Cena posted:

not unless you dont mind her getting fired for violating patient confidentiality

Hippa laws are pretty strict

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

John Cena posted:

not unless you dont mind her getting feast or her fired for violating patient confidentiality

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

HER FIRED!

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
TTHHEEERRREEEEEE HHEEERRREEE?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lotus Brony posted:

TTHHEEERRREEEEEE HHEEERRREEE?

you remember Hirojima? Remember when Pearl Harbor bombed the Germans? It's D-day all over again, baby!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

ask her to ask him how big batista's dick is

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

It's HIPAA, you jabroni :argh:

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Did anyone post this yet?

quote:

UK fans, get ready! TNA announces Fan Interaction packages for the MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour, along with the names of more international wrestling superstars who will be competing on the events in Glasgow, Manchester and London. Extra great seats, which were previously held off, are also being made available.

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley will be making his first ever appearance in the UK as an IMPACT WRESTLING superstar at the January 2015 shows.

MVP, Taryn Terrell, The Beautiful People and Kenny King have also been added to a Tour roster that already features Samoa Joe, Gail Kim, Bully Ray, Magnus, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Mr Anderson, Eric Young, Gunner, Abyss, EC3, Tigre Uno and Rockstar Spud.

In another major announcement, TNA today confirms that the company’s trademark six-sided ring will be used on all MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour events – the first time it will have been seen in Britain since 2010.

TNA President Dixie Carter said: “The MAXIMUM IMPACT Tour is a highlight of the year for the TNA Superstars who travel to these big events and meet the incredible fans.

“With an unmatched Fan Interaction experience, a roster of the best professional wrestlers in the world and the return of the six-sided ring, the shows scheduled for the 2015 MAXIMUM IMPACT Tour will be our best yet.”

Fan Interaction tickets for the January 2015 Tour go on sale on Friday August 15 at 10am – along with the extra great seats – and allow fans to meet some of their favourite wrestlers before each event.

The strictly limited meet & greet passes are available for all three shows and cost £35 plus booking fee. Those purchasing Fan Interaction tickets must also have a regular event ticket, which are sold separately, in order to gain access.

There will be eight TNA superstars at each meet & greet. Each wrestler will sign a maximum of two items per fan. TNA received positive press coverage and fan feedback last year after making a number of improvements to the Fan Interaction experience.

The MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour sees TNA visit Glasgow (Jan 29) and Manchester (Jan 30) before culminating in a huge double TV taping and Ultimate X match in London on Jan 31.

Bobby Lashley said: “This will my first time wrestling in the UK for TNA and I can promise you I’m more than ready. The bigger question is whether the UK is ready for Bobby Lashley?”

Taryn Terrell added: “I’m so happy to be on the Tour. I, alongside fellow Knockouts Gail Kim and The Beautiful People, look forward to bringing the rowdy UK fans the best women’s wrestling in the world and delivering some memorable matches.”

MAXIMUM IMPACT 7 Tour and Fan Interaction tickets are available via https://www.facebook.com/tnawrestlinguk, https://www.gigsandtours.com/go/tna2015gen, https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/TNA-Wrestling-tickets/artist/1008830 or direct from the tour venues. Full details of the UK events are:

Thursday 29 January 2015, Glasgow The SSE Hydro, https://www.thehydro.com

Friday 30 January 2015, Manchester Phones 4u Arena, https://www.phones4uarena.co.uk

Saturday 31 January 2015, London SSE Arena Wembley, https://www.ssearena.co.uk

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING is broadcast on Challenge in the UK and Ireland every Sunday night at 9pm, as well as on Spike TV in the USA and more than 120 other countries.

These right here. I think these will be the last shows TNA does.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

ZDar Fan posted:

Like others have said, if Impact on Thursday wasn't already dead, it is with Smackdown moving to its timeslot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smackdown is pretty a recap and a preview for RAW so it won't move impact's ratings that much. I'm convinced TNA's ratings are rigged at this point, anyway.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

Like others have said, if Impact on Thursday wasn't already dead, it is with Smackdown moving to its timeslot.

WELL YA SEE THIS JUST SHOWS US THAT WWE IS SCARED OF TNA AND :saddowns:
/tnamecca

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I saw the advertising for the UK tour last night. It was pretty funny for a while because I thought they were talking about Wembley STADIUM!!

Endorph posted:

ask her to ask him how big batista's dick is

What is this a reference to? I don't know if I can't remember or if I never knew to begin with.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Death Zebra posted:

I saw the advertising for the UK tour last night. It was pretty funny for a while because I thought they were talking about Wembley STADIUM!!

What is this a reference to? I don't know if I can't remember or if I never knew to begin with.
It's a running gag someone on The Board started for each Youshoot where the guest would get asked that question regardless of whether they know him or not.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I order to avoid unsavory confrontations with her former employees after the company folds Dixie will just "forget" them in the UK, Home Alone style.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I don't know if they'll be around that long after their Spike TV deal ends.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did WCW have shows booked and/or tickets sold for dates past the time they shut down?

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

triplexpac posted:

Did WCW have shows booked and/or tickets sold for dates past the time they shut down?

They had some house shows lined up, didn't they?

I watched the last Thunder when it came on, and Shavonie kept calling it the season finale, and kept talking like WCW would be back. I guess Vince hadn't bought them until the weekend or something.

*Edit* Holy gently caress, everything is on youtube now. Here is a blast from the past: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it292drMFS8

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 11, 2014

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Wade Keller says they just cancelled a bunch of late September House Shows.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Death Zebra posted:

IIRC it started as a riff on the whole Morrison/Melina/Batista bullshit and gained a life of its own as time went by.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HulkaMatt posted:

Wade Keller says they just cancelled a bunch of late September House Shows.

Can you cancel a show that no one bought tickets to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Can you cancel a show that no one bought tickets to?

Someone on TNAMecca (solid source) said TNA haven't announced ticket details for Bound for Glory yet.

• Locked thread