Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Drone_Fragger posted:

I like how they prop up lovely champions with crippling design errors (in veigars case his early game is so bad that most mids can autoattack him out of lane without problems up until like level 7) by releasing the best skins for them.

I mystery box'd myself Super Galaxy Rumble and I'd really love a chance to use it once in awhile but I just can't :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Drone_Fragger posted:

I like how they prop up lovely champions with crippling design errors (in veigars case his early game is so bad that most mids can autoattack him out of lane without problems up until like level 7) by releasing the best skins for them.

So true. Warmonger sion anyone?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The arcade theme owns and that reveal looks pretty great. Veigar would be a good selection for that, but Crane Game Blitz would be like legit a good option

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Has anyone ever had an issue where they could connect to custom games, but PVP games give you an error that says unable to connect to the server, this may be a firewall blocking the connection? I've (obviously) tried disabling windows firewall etc, not sure why customs would work but not regular games.

edit--it seems like I can only connect to one game and if I want to connect to another, that is, play 2 in a row, I have to restart my computer
edit 2--it isn't working even after a restart now.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 12, 2014

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

NTT posted:

The arcade theme owns and that reveal looks pretty great. Veigar would be a good selection for that, but Crane Game Blitz would be like legit a good option

Let's turn Darius' axe into an 'axe'. Guitar hero Darius.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Let's just Darius into axe.

Give him some personality to match draven.

"Darius supposes he can make time in his schedule to kill you"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

itsjustdrew posted:

Let's turn Darius' axe into an 'axe'. Guitar hero Darius.

Hecarim's already got that, so neat as that would be I doubt they'd go for a redundant design like that.

On that topic, we've got Hecarim with the guitar, Sona with her arcade controller, MF with the zapper light guns, and now what looks like Veigar with a Power Glove. Wonder what else they could go for for this that doesn't significantly overlap the others.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Roland Jones posted:

Hecarim's already got that, so neat as that would be I doubt they'd go for a redundant design like that.

On that topic, we've got Hecarim with the guitar, Sona with her arcade controller, MF with the zapper light guns, and now what looks like Veigar with a Power Glove. Wonder what else they could go for for this that doesn't significantly overlap the others.

Ok, i got this. Singed has won a teddybear from the claw game (his shield, i dunno, make it work) and his 'gas trail' is now the stupid fuckin' tickets from the point games.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Roland Jones posted:

Gotta be a racing wheel/gearshift setup.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Trying to redeem myself for last nights making GBS threads the bed: http://www.hitbox.tv/andichu

Why do you smartcast your mikaels but not Morg's black shield or any of her other abilities? Also curious why you built aegis and randuins into a all AD team and not zhonyas first?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Roland Jones posted:

Arcade Rammus. Rather than his model rotating as he moves in Powerball, he turns into a a pixel wheel which is animated by blocks shifting colors rather than the model actually rolling.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Poulpe posted:

"Thought you could ever stop playing? Guess again :unsmigghh:"
maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the only people sniffing challenger/Master are folks that like already are committed to playing this game 8 hours+ a day and have dreams of either being pro or a streamer/commentator/something if they aren't already.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Viktor doing the shuffle on a DDR pad :haw:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Why do you smartcast your mikaels but not Morg's black shield or any of her other abilities? Also curious why you built aegis and randuins into a all AD team and not zhonyas first?

I basically never build Zhonya on SupportMorg because I'd rather be harder to actually kill + active, since literally no one else build tanky. Aegis was for the super fed Ryze.

And as I explained in stream -- I smartcast everything, but the abilities all have range indicators.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 12, 2014

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Poulpe posted:

Rumble or corki maybe?

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

mushi posted:

maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the only people sniffing challenger/Master are folks that like already are committed to playing this game 8 hours+ a day and have dreams of either being pro or a streamer/commentator/something if they aren't already.

I'm technically sniffing Challenger, although being 10 LP away is probably realistically going to be a huge thing, and I only play 1-3 games a day, if any. I played much more last summer, though.

But... yeah. I don't know how some people can grind so much solo queue. It crushes my soul so quickly.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I basically never build Zhonya on SupportMorg because I'd rather be harder to actually kill + active, since literally no one else build tanky. Aegis was for the super fed Ryze.

And as I explained in stream -- I smartcast everything, but the abilities all have range indicators.

There is never no reason to not get Zhonya's on Morgana. It helps with the 'harder to actually kill' thing, and it helps you get your ult off.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Once you get in your groove it's hard to stop frankly.

E: always buy hourglass

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poulpe posted:

Will Fiddlesticks finally get his driver's license back?

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Colonel Squish posted:

I'm technically sniffing Challenger, although being 10 LP away is probably realistically going to be a huge thing, and I only play 1-3 games a day, if any. I played much more last summer, though.

But... yeah. I don't know how some people can grind so much solo queue. It crushes my soul so quickly.
I thought being D1 99LP was like a tier of its own because unless your MMR is stupid high it takes forever to get into a challenger series. But I've never even sniffed diamond, and don't really keep up on the ladder, so I don't really know how long it takes to go from D1 90LP to challenger.

That's still pretty good. And playing 1-3 games a day is probably enough to maintain Challenger? I don't know anything so I guess I should stop posting about it.

I'm getting internet at my new place tomorrow so maybe I'll get to play a game or two :unsmith:

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

mushi posted:

I thought being D1 99LP was like a tier of its own because unless your MMR is stupid high it takes forever to get into a challenger series. But I've never even sniffed diamond, and don't really keep up on the ladder, so I don't really know how long it takes to go from D1 90LP to challenger.

That's still pretty good. And playing 1-3 games a day is probably enough to maintain Challenger? I don't know anything so I guess I should stop posting about it.

I'm getting internet at my new place tomorrow so maybe I'll get to play a game or two :unsmith:

I mean, technically it is, in the sense that you need to win 3-4 games in a row to go from 99 LP to Challenger series, so those people are far better than mid D1 players because they'll generally beat them three out of four times or something. At the same time, 99 LP is not a place a whole lot of people sit at because you either get your series and win it and go into Challenger or lose a single game or two and are back at 90-95 LP.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
AP Sej is loving fun as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Obviously, it should be Lee Sin rocking this bad boy.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Hellioning posted:

There is never no reason to not get Zhonya's on Morgana. It helps with the 'harder to actually kill' thing, and it helps you get your ult off.

You're assuming I'll remember to press it correctly ;)

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Androc posted:

Obviously, it should be Lee Sin rocking this bad boy.

Lissandra fits the look and the bill. She can shoot wireframe polygons at people!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Brannock posted:

Lissandra fits the look and the bill. She can shoot wireframe polygons at people!

Oh poo poo virtual boy lissandra's would be the best thing. All those dark faded reds for effects :allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

NTT posted:

Oh poo poo virtual boy lissandra's would be the best thing. All those dark faded reds for effects :allears:

Would ulting herself just be a puddle of puke from motion sickness?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I own every veigar skin so I HAVE to get whatever this is, especially if it's arcade. Imagine veigar saying "game over" when he ults lmao

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

chumbler posted:

Would ulting herself just be a puddle of puke from motion sickness?

Screen turns black from going blind.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Well poo poo. I might have found my "true MMR." And it's right below plat. :saddowns:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Learn a new champ

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

NTT posted:

Learn a new champ

I ADC almost every game. They're all the same champ.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Corbeau posted:

No man, some of them have guns, some of them have bows, and the best one throws loving axes! They're different.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Corbeau posted:

No, see, some of them make you ult BEFORE you start autoattacking, and others have you ult AFTER.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mushi posted:

Nah, a lot of D1 players stop playing seriously because they see Challenger as unreachable, and a lot of Challenger players stop playing because that's the end of the line, so there are lots of players in D1/Challenger who play very casually, like 4-8 hours a week. Although that probably won't be the case in the future with the upcoming changes.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

mushi posted:

nah you can hit challenger without spending a huge amount of time doing so, but you have to put in a ton of games to keep yourself there.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm not really getting this master tier thing. Is it effectively just the replacement for the current 80+ lp people?

Will this contribute to rank inflation.

How do you get demoted back to diamond 1.

Does this mean diamond 1 <80lp is now going to be spread over something 125% the current 'space'

Does master get a diamond 1 reward set?

Does master and challenger share an LP, if so why not just say gently caress it and bring back plain mmr for diamond 1+.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

I'm not really getting this master tier thing. Is it effectively just the replacement for the current 80+ lp people?

Will this contribute to rank inflation.

How do you get demoted back to diamond 1.

Does this mean diamond 1 <80lp is now going to be spread over something 125% the current 'space'

Does master get a diamond 1 reward set?

Does master and challenger share an LP, if so why not just say gently caress it and bring back plain mmr for diamond 1+.

It will probably inflate a little, but not by much.

They'll also probably add a new reward set to Master which means a new border and a new icon.

I'm curious about that last question too.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Hellioning posted:

There are a number of reasons not to get zhonya's on support morgana, all of them falling under the umbrella of something else being more immediately impactful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Hellioning posted:

There's so many negatives in this first sentence I can't actually understand grammatically what you are trying to say.

• Locked thread