Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
NXT was enjoyable this week.

Sigma posted:

JJ Dillinger

It sounds like a punk band from Long Island, so it is the only good option.

Long Island....good....? I don't understand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Jason Jordan getting rid of the 'fro and coming out to a new slower, down-tuned theme leads the way for laying out Dillinger and turning heel. They aren't bad, but there's hardly any chemistry between them as a team. Having a feud between them would be better than being overshadowed by The Vaudevillians and Enzo/BIG CASS on the babyface side. Let The Mechanics play the role of tag team that jobs.

I guess you could also turn the team, they'll need another strong heel team after The Ascension get called up, and unfortunately I don't think The Legionnaires are that team, as much as I like French Stallion.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SignedSteenSigned

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

rovert posted:

SignedSteenSigned

So strange to see that.

Hope his first action is to beat up that Sammy Zayn guy. I get the feeling that Steen just doesn't like him.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

SignedSteenSigned

Even though I've known this was coming for almost three months now it's still bizarre to see.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Thauros posted:

Even though I've known this was coming for almost three months now it's still bizarre to see.

Try having to keep it a secret for almost a year!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bless:
https://twitter.com/FightSteenFight/status/499201281958100992

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kevin Steen will turn up in NXT, murder Sami Zayn and then leave the WWE the next night.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I don't understand what use they could possibly have for Kevin Steen when they've already got Bull Dempsey on the roster.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
FAT
STEEN
FAT

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Still the strangest friendship.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

NXT is so loving loaded right now it's insane.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

NXT is so loving loaded right now it's insane.

Yeah, they now have my three favorite wrestlers outside of NJPW as well as KENTA. I'm definitely going to have to give the show another chance when the new signees all start.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 12, 2014

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sami will make a save for Steen on an NXT show and get a package piledriver out of instinct.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm thrilled that Kevin Steen signed.

Sadly, I dread the "what will his new name be" and "when he gets to Raw he will get buried by Vince and Dunn" discussions. :smith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Shhh, don't worry about that. For now, look forward to Devitt and Kenta and Generico and Steen all on NXT. It's going to be amazing.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

...that would be fairly sick

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Del Raminos posted:

...that would be fairly sick

The story has legs too. HHH is sick of all these wannabe wrestlers and wants to get back to the good ol days. So he hires in all this top notch talent to run wild on male models and failed reality tv stars. Maybe even work in a battle for control of the company thing.

But it won't happen because WWE would rather spend money on writers writing in 9.99 jokes instead of doing some type of company wide, layered angle.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

The story has legs too. HHH is sick of all these wannabe wrestlers and wants to get back to the good ol days. So he hires in all this top notch talent to run wild on male models and failed reality tv stars. Maybe even work in a battle for control of the company thing.

But it won't happen because WWE would rather spend money on writers writing in 9.99 jokes instead of doing some type of company wide, layered angle.

Aligning them to HHH would be pretty smart as well since you just know that HHH would use his backstage savvy to make sure his guys are going loving over.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
NXT has always had good talent but somehow every time I try to watch their tv show its CJ Parker, Mojo Rawley, Bull Dempsey, The Acension and other boring garbage. It never comes close to piquing my interest.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Well it's a developmental show. It's not meant to only be the most polished A-tier guys all the time. It's also taped several episodes at a time, someitmes covering a whole angle in one day of tapings, so if someone is on one week you can be sure they'll be on the next week, too. They're not going to sign guys like Kenta and Steen and have them out on stage next week.

So yes, it sucks when we're stuck with Bull & Mojo as a loving tag team, but that's the nature and intent of the show. If it didn't exist to help lovely guys be less lovely, it wouldn't exist at all.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I understand its a developmental show, but maybe develop good talent and gimmicks. Even discounting the three new signees, they have Neville, the Vaudevillains, Enzo Amore, Kalisto, Sami Zayn and Solomon Crowe, all of which I barely/never see when I try to watch. They even have good WWE products like Jason Jordan down there, who can talk, has the look, the amateur wrestling background and seems pretty good in the ring from the limited time I've seen him, but they're not doing anything with him.

e: like, yeah, they need to develop the guys that have the potential to be good but haven't reached that level yet, but those are the guys that should be doing house shows and working at the performance centre. Maybe it's because I'm from Canada and NXT is aired in a decent timeslot on the same channel as Raw, but I expect a lot more in terms of talent and how the show presents itself. It has the potential to be great with a few minor tweaks.

Paulocaust fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 13, 2014

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Paulocaust posted:

NXT has always had good talent but somehow every time I try to watch their tv show its CJ Parker, Mojo Rawley, Bull Dempsey, The Acension and other boring garbage. It never comes close to piquing my interest.

With the exception of Mojo, haven't most of the guys you mentioned been in developmental/NXT for quite some time? Hopefully it's a "one last shot" kind of situation, especially with the new influx of talent.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

With the exception of Mojo, haven't most of the guys you mentioned been in developmental/NXT for quite some time? Hopefully it's a "one last shot" kind of situation, especially with the new influx of talent.

Mojo's been signed way longer than you think, he got signed like 6 months before the fcw to nxt turnover, he just debuted recently because he's hot garbage

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dango Bango posted:

CJ Parker's recently gotten a gimmick refresh and is starting to turn the corner, though his gimmick is still stupid and has no chance of working on TV. He's been in developmental since FCW as well. Mojo Rawley is basically existing now to put over Bull Dempsey at which point he'll probably be an NXT jobber for a while before getting cut because it ain't working. The Acension are probably gonna get called up once they lose the tag titles and again have been around since FCW if you can believe that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They should bring back the reality show for all the not good NXT talent can fight to the death or something.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

PWInsider reports that indie wrestling star Willie Mack will begin working for WWE soon after finishing up the signing process. We noted back in May that Mack was reportedly offered a WWE developmental deal at the same time Kevin Steen was.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Regal must've really loving loved PWG. I like him, but he's not a guy I ever envisioned in WWE.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I could think of several people I'd rather see get a shot, but good for him I guess.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Willie Mack loving owns. Good for him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Non-update on Willie Mack.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Willie Mack is built like Bray Wyatt. Chubby but very sudden. Should be a good fit.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

coconono posted:

Willie Mack is built like Bray Wyatt. Chubby but very sudden. Should be a good fit.

much cooler moveset too

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Willie Mack is a lot of fun and would be very good at 5-10 minute tv matches. He should have been the funkasaurus.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Yuriy posted:

much cooler moveset too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opSZMe2mKos

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm suddenly a Willie Mack fan.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If anyone deserves a shot, it's Willie Mack. That guy loving rules.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Willie Mack apparently rules, by that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Fat Guy Agility is the best pretty much.

• Locked thread