Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Matt Moore is such a blast to watch because teammates love the dude and he's old school as poo poo. He even says it in so many PC words - "you don't make big plays without taking big risks" which poo poo as a dolphins fan is awesome.

I rather out team blow up going for gold rather than up the gut on 3rd and 4 for the tenth time in a drive because our OC is retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Falcons and Texans join practice today. That OLine gets to be tested by Watt and Clowney. Sounds like they are holding up pretty well, going back and forth with eachother.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Shath Hole posted:

Falcons and Texans join practice today. That OLine gets to be tested by Watt and Clowney. Sounds like they are holding up pretty well, going back and forth with eachother.

They're doing a pretty good job of earning easy penalties, I guess.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
I remember that and vs the Jets, Tannehill looked befuddled gets hurt. Matt Moore comes in an bombs Marlon Moore for like 40 yards and his this "I don't give a rat's rear end" swagger.

I thought he was going to do that again last season against the Jets but... :cry:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well yeah, because Tyron Smith's been playing against Cowboys pass rushers all camp.

It didn't happen much last year either.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

bhsman posted:

They're doing a pretty good job of earning easy penalties, I guess.

You talking about hands to the face? There is a lot of that in actual games that doesn't get called, so whatevs. Matthews gaining that experience to go up against the best pass rusher in the league is so valuable that I'll take it for the rookie.

e:

I'm sure he will work on getting his hands lower, he seems to take his technique pretty seriously.

quote:

vaughn mcclure ‏@vxmcclure23 4m

Watt killed Mike Johnson

:lol:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 13, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

@HubbuchNYP
Tajh Boyd with at least four interceptions so far. He doesn't even belong on the Jets' practice squad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ozu posted:

lol

@HubbuchNYP
Tajh Boyd with at least four interceptions so far. He doesn't even belong on the Jets' practice squad.

That's rich, does Hubbuch know the names of the dessicated corpses currently being trotted out at WR?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Holy god man. I mean Boyd has a mother. "Doesn't even belong on the Jets' practice squad" is a terrible thing to say about a human being.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tajh Boyd is a legitimately terrible QB though, receiving options aside. His sole purpose is to make Geno and Vick look great in comparison.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shath Hole posted:

You talking about hands to the face? There is a lot of that in actual games that doesn't get called, so whatevs. Matthews gaining that experience to go up against the best pass rusher in the league is so valuable that I'll take it for the rookie.

e:

I'm sure he will work on getting his hands lower, he seems to take his technique pretty seriously.

:lol:

Hands to the face is one of the new points of emphasis this year, so he actually will get called for it because Goodell is a big dumb baby.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Hands to the face is one of the new points of emphasis this year, so he actually will get called for it because Goodell is a big dumb baby.

He probably would get called for it, which is funny because Watt is trying to go under his arm. It's face to the hands.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Yep. Like I said, I'm sure he knew he was high and will work to get those paws lower, but I like how he got to get that experience against Watt and Clowney. Should only help him this year. Man, that Texans DLine is loving scary.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chichevache posted:

I thought that this and the new PI rules were only being so heavily enforced for the pre-season. I wouldn't be shocked if they turned into this year's running back lowering the head where there are only like 5 instances of it called all season.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah it's kinda sick. Atlanta faired decently against Miami which has an incredible d line as well

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah it's kinda sick. Atlanta faired decently against Miami which has an incredible d line as well

Yeah, they did. I don't understand this new, strange world

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I thought that this and the new PI rules were only being so heavily enforced for the pre-season. I wouldn't be shocked if they turned into this year's running back lowering the head where there are only like 5 instances of it called all season.

I really loving hope so.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Yeah, they did. I don't understand this new, strange world

1 Free agent, 1 top 6 pick, benching 1 piece of poo poo, and 1 average player coming back from injury.... boom, rebuilt line. An average OL is all Ryan needed to pull some more W's out last year, but... they were loving god awful.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm pretty sure they've just stopped enforcing that rule altogether; reserving it only for the very sickest of hits.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sorry to steal Raiders fans' thunder, but practice was apparently hilarious today:

Jason La Canfora posted:

Vintage Greg Little - gets 3 steps on the DB down the sideline, wide open, ball hits him right in both hands... and you can guess the rest

The Cowboys D being openly taunted on their own practice field by the legion of Raiders fans in the near stands. Like on every snap

It's gonna get testy here again. F bombs flying between the Cowboys D and Raiders O. All kinds of trash talking in individual drills

Loud cheer of "Romo sucks, Romo sucks, Romo sucks," breaks out on the Raiders fan stands. Yikes. It's special drills. Tony not even throwing

Another fight. We gotta be getting close to a half dozen in these two sessions.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so proud of Dallas Raider fans. Couldn't ask for better ambassador's for the fan base. I'm tearing up a bit.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Volkerball posted:

I'm so proud of Dallas Raider fans. Couldn't ask for better ambassador's for the fan base. I'm tearing up a bit.

Maybe don't tear up so fast..

quote:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 2h

Raiders owner Mark Davis walked to the fields here with Cowboys owner Stephen Jones. Fans in stand openly campaigning to move Raiders to LA

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Volkerball posted:

It's in Oxnard.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
So the Vikings beat writers REALLY like WR Adam Thielen, an UDFA from last year's practice squad having a good offseason

https://soundcloud.com/1500espn/mackey-judd-hooked-on-a-thielen

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Raiders are perfect for Hard Knocks for all the wrong reasons.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@kmeinke
Eric Ebron just had maybe his worst drop of camp. Ball hit him in both hands for a wide-open TD. Drop.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
I would love the Raiders to move back to LA. It would be perfect. Then they should sue to the league.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I would like the Raiders to move to the sun (and then never return)

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Chris James 2 posted:

@kmeinke
Eric Ebron just had maybe his worst drop of camp. Ball hit him in both hands for a wide-open TD. Drop.

I like the "maybe" part. So many drops to choose from!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
:911:

Maclin been burning Revis the past two days, y'all :getin:

Eagles CB Carmichael still seems to be total crap, much like last year. Seems every big play in practice, it's always him giving it up. Hopefully Nolan Carroll is bringing it as much as camp reports have been making it out so Carmichael doesn't have to see the field too much.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

The Bears' Zach Miller (aka the wrong one), just beat cover 2 for TD catch in a preseason game, look out Jimmy Graham.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Parmesan Basil posted:

I would like the Raiders to move to the sun (and then never return)

shut up

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

That isn't very nice, Ross.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Filthy Casual posted:

The Bears' Zach Miller (aka the wrong one), just beat cover 2 for TD catch in a preseason game, look out Jimmy Graham.

The lesser Zach Miller on the Bear's roster hasn't had a full healthy season since 2011. I'm not really expecting him to beat out Rosario much less Bennett.

Bennett is the best TE in the league after the catch.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

DupaDupa posted:

The lesser Zach Miller on the Bear's roster hasn't had a full healthy season since 2011. I'm not really expecting him to beat out Rosario much less Bennett.

Bennett is the best TE in the league after the catch.

Me neither, but there's a good shot he'll be more useful than Davis, Maneri, Adams, Manumaleuna...

Wow, its like every position besides RB that caught passes was clown shoes before Trestman got here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

We need the Raiders, Parm.

Every hero needs a villain

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

89 posted:

:911:

Maclin been burning Revis the past two days, y'all :getin:

And then Maclin hurt his hamstring.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

We need the Raiders, Parm.

Every hero needs a villain

We already have the Broncos. We don't need two evil empires in this world.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Parmesan Basil posted:

By that logic it's the Broncos and Patriots.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parmesan Basil posted:

I can't believe after all the years we made your poo poo team look good, you repay us like this. There's starving fans in Cleveland who would love to have the Raiders in their division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LEGO Genetics posted:

By that logic it's the Broncos and Patriots.

The Patriots are cool though

• Locked thread