Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Happy day today. I was Bronze 5 on my main account and tanked it's elo. When I decided to do placements for S4 on this account I went 7-3 but still ended up in Bronze 4 because of elo was so low.

Today, after a total of 179 games in ranked I made it to Silver 5. :)

I know it's not gold or anything, but climbing out of bronze is a loving nightmare. Now hopefully I can continue to climb and make it to gold by Season 5. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Obscurity posted:

Happy day today. I was Bronze 5 on my main account and tanked it's elo. When I decided to do placements for S4 on this account I went 7-3 but still ended up in Bronze 4 because of elo was so low.

Today, after a total of 179 games in ranked I made it to Silver 5. :)

I know it's not gold or anything, but climbing out of bronze is a loving nightmare. Now hopefully I can continue to climb and make it to gold by Season 5. :shobon:

Good luck! don't set your goals too high, you might fail, aim for silver 3.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
at a point gangplank isnt going to win a 1v1 with anyone because he's terrible so you'll probably just want to do something stupid like load up on move speed so nobody can catch you

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Funny thing about this monetization is that big people on Ubisoft complained how Riot should've monetized more!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Bholder posted:

Funny thing about this monetization is that big people on Ubisoft complained how Riot should've monetized more!

Is that the Leigh Alexander article you're talking about? Cause it's funny as hell and worth posting.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/223071/Dont_monetize_like_League_of_Legends_consultant_says.php

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Verviticus posted:

at a point gangplank isnt going to win a 1v1 with anyone because he's terrible so you'll probably just want to do something stupid like load up on move speed so nobody can catch you

Gangplank rules.

I don't know ideally how to build Gangplank but Hydra into typical tank sounds fine. Maybe sneak in a Trinity Force if you're feeling like a boss. I'd point you to probuilds but it's just pages and pages of Regi and he's not very good.

e: Hydra>Statik>IE>LW>Trinity, maybe, and never teamfight, just clean up and split.

Colonel Squish fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 14, 2014

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Wolery posted:

What's a good build for Gangplank if your plan is to split push all year?

Hydra -> Shiv -> IE. Go fast boots. I assume your plan is to just split push and run away whenever anybody comes for you. This lets you clear waves basically instantly and run away fast like if anybody comes up.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Is ranked gone for everyone cause of disconnect bugs?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Interstellar Owl posted:

Is ranked gone for everyone cause of disconnect bugs?

Loss Prevented is turned on.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Wolery posted:

What's a good build for Gangplank if your plan is to split push all year?

Shiv/Hydra, Gauntlet if you are vs. a lot of AD. Honestly I just build whatever will win me lane out of those three items then try to complete the other one or two.

A lot of my endgame builds vs. a team with 4 AD end up being Tabi/Hydra/Gauntlet/LastWhisper/Thornmail/Randuin's, while a non-AD heavy team I go for something like Tread's/Hydra/defensive lane item/Shiv(early avarice)/IE/tank item.

Ult fuckers halfway across the map, tp in and wreck their faces with parrley slows and crits. Cause mayhem and just in general make the enemy team hate you so they try to kill you.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Colonel Squish posted:

Gangplank rules.

I don't know ideally how to build Gangplank but Hydra into typical tank sounds fine. Maybe sneak in a Trinity Force if you're feeling like a boss. I'd point you to probuilds but it's just pages and pages of Regi and he's not very good.

e: Hydra>Statik>IE>LW>Trinity, maybe, and never teamfight, just clean up and split.

All you need is 15000 gold worth of items and you are good to go. Gangplank cruising the high seas, cashing checks and taking asses.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 14, 2014

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

a medical mystery posted:

Is that the Leigh Alexander article you're talking about? Cause it's funny as hell and worth posting.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/223071/Dont_monetize_like_League_of_Legends_consultant_says.php

Conversion Rate :allears:

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Libertine posted:

All you need is 15000 gold worth of items and you are good to go. Gangplank cruising the high seas, cashing checks and taking asses.

Hey man there are 6 item slots I was just puttin the rear end on the build.

drat I just bought Gnar and tried to rush into a bot game but somebody else beat me to it. Thought I was on top of things...

Colonel Squish fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 14, 2014

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Gangplank had a cohesive kit in... was it S2? S3? poo poo, looking at the dates, was it season 1? Right after his rework, where his poison slow stacked 5 times. Then his kit actually made sense, even though it's exactly the same as it is now - his Q got him started with slowing the enemy, his W cleansed everything, his E gave him a speed and AD boost, and his ult did damage and slowed the enemy. His kit is built so that he's meant to be either a lane bully or jungler, who transitions into a sticky tanky DPS that can't be peeled away from.

Then his skills, but especially his passive and E, got nerfed progressively and he hasn't had a real corresponding buff until patch 4.5 when he got an armor boost.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

bewilderment posted:

Gangplank had a cohesive kit in... was it S2? S3? poo poo, looking at the dates, was it season 1? Right after his rework, where his poison slow stacked 5 times. Then his kit actually made sense, even though it's exactly the same as it is now - his Q got him started with slowing the enemy, his W cleansed everything, his E gave him a speed and AD boost, and his ult did damage and slowed the enemy. His kit is built so that he's meant to be either a lane bully or jungler, who transitions into a sticky tanky DPS that can't be peeled away from.

Then his skills, but especially his passive and E, got nerfed progressively and he hasn't had a real corresponding buff until patch 4.5 when he got an armor boost.

It's sad they ruined GP, he was good back then. Now he just feels like either he's ridiculously hard to play, when really he's just poo poo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Gnar's been released, or at least he is avail in the shop.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Jerkface posted:

Gnar's been released, or at least he is avail in the shop.

Oh god, I hate not being by my PC right now.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Guess I should avoid the game for a few days.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Invalid Validation posted:

Guess I should avoid the game for a few days.

Probably, until the ridiculously overpowered new champ gets nerfed.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

itsjustdrew posted:

Probably, until the ridiculously overpowered new champ gets nerfed.

How many games of Gnar have you played? I thought you could only learn about things in League of Legends by playing it.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
He doesn't need to read, and he doesn't need to play. He's just that good.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
For those complaining about how hard it is to get champs in League, I do not recall buying a champ with actual cash, and I have so many I wish I could actually turn some of them off (I mean make them disappear from the UI as a filter).

Because I'm just not going to be playing Olaf, and I really do not need to see him and 40 other champions I'm not going to be playing when I'm trying to figure out what I do want to play.

That's not really to complain about the UI (though it could use some improvements) - more to show that you can get a hell of a lot of champions just by the ordinary course of playing the game.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Gnar feels amazing. He's like everything bruiser Teemo ever wanted to be and more.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Colonel Squish posted:

Gnar feels amazing. He's like everything bruiser Teemo ever wanted to be and more.

I was on the fence and you convinced me to buy him. Don't let me down, Colonel Squish.

e: What are you building on him? I figure BorK into tank would be pretty good.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

I was on the fence and you convinced me to buy him. Don't let me down, Colonel Squish.

e: What are you building on him? I figure BorK into tank would be pretty good.

The recommended items were basically full damage, but 1-2 of his abilities deal damage based on his max HP so I'm not sure if his optimal path is full DPS or half and half.

I just followed their build and went BorK into Trinity and LW, then tank. It felt pretty drat good to turn into Mega Gnar, gain 200 health and then stun people into oblivion.

e: I think Q max first, W second?

Colonel Squish fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 14, 2014

fnox
May 19, 2013

Already had to dodge a game due to a Gnar autolock.

They should like block you from using champions in ranked until like a couple of days after their release.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

fnox posted:

Already had to dodge a game due to a Gnar autolock.

They should like block you from using champions in ranked until like a couple of days after their release.

Wha? Are you scared of a champion? hahaha

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

frajaq posted:

No, he dodged because he doesn't want somebody in his ranked game playing a champion he know that person has never played before.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
Never play ranked right after a new champ is released. Save it for a week.

fnox
May 19, 2013

frajaq posted:

I'd rather not lose 15lp if I can lose just 5 and avoid playing a totally lost game. You can't learn a champion in an hour, the only chance in hell we would have of winning is if the enemy top laner had even less of a clue of what Gnar does.

They do it for the LCS why the gently caress can't they do it for ranked as well, just give people a couple of days before the champion is actually understood?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So what all has been released today skin/champ wise? On vacation until Saturday with no PC access.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Top Gnar seems super easy to kill in little mode but my god don't go near him if mega Gnar is nearly ready/up holy poo poo.

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz

Etrips posted:

So what all has been released today skin/champ wise? On vacation until Saturday with no PC access.

Gnar, Dino Gnar, Riot Kayle, and Arcade Miss Fortune.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Etrips posted:

the patch literally just came out

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
15 minutes for a teambuilder game, cool I hate new champ day. I also hate that my friend has to buy every new champ immediately and play it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

15 minutes for a teambuilder game, cool I hate new champ day. I also hate that my friend has to buy every new champ immediately and play it.

15 minutes for a teambuilder game seems average to me unless you grab Marksman, Support and Jungler in advance.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Top Gnar seems super easy to kill in little mode but my god don't go near him if mega Gnar is nearly ready/up holy poo poo.

loving word, just had a sick game on him by repeatedly baiting people when I had transform ready to pop. lead them into a bush, transform, slam them into the wall, seeya later.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
People must be insanely excited about Gnar, there's a queue on a Wednesday night.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

yanthrax posted:

Gnar, Dino Gnar, Riot Kayle, and Arcade Miss Fortune.

How much is Kayle and MF skins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gonna do my part on the new LoL champion process and die repeatedly to this cute little bugger in ranked and blame riot balancing

• Locked thread