Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Alkydere posted:

poo poo like that is exactly why I have a hard time calling rubber bullets "non-lethal".

You shouldn't, they're called "less-lethal" for exactly that reason. You can die from one.

Keep that in mind the next time you see them firing to break up a protest.

:eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

axeil posted:

Looks like Fox 2 is the only one working now. Guess if poo poo's about to go down tonight they're gonna win a Pulitzer as they're the only ones who will be able to get it on camera.

Anyone tweeting about it?

Here's some of the more active ones that keep popping up.

@YourAnonNews
@WesleyLowrey
@Jonswaine
@elonjames

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I think the Fox stream is now down

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Can you imagine what the response of the public would be if citizens put up even one barricade of burning tires?

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

SedanChair posted:

Can you imagine what the response of the public would be if citizens put up even one barricade of burning tires?
"why don't they just comply?"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

How the gently caress can they threaten news channels to stop recording? poo poo just keep the cameras rolling. What're they gonna do arrest them? That'll be reported too.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

SedanChair posted:

literally advocating drone strikes? Technicals pickups of Concerned Citizens (sponsored by Bushmaster) on site?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rollofthedice posted:

I think the Fox stream is now down

Things are about to get very, very bad I think.

Bobnumerotres posted:

How the gently caress can they threaten news channels to stop recording? poo poo just keep the cameras rolling. What're they gonna do arrest them? That'll be reported too.

Arrest them and destroy their equipment. No one will ever know and they can just claim they were being "unruly and disruptive"

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Anyone else got nothing on the Fox stream?

Forearm
Nov 14, 2005
The police are attacking a peaceful crowd.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

axeil posted:

Things are about to get very, very bad I think.
Looked like everyone dispersed, i think it's over.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

i hope neo duckburg doesn't get murdered

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Damiya posted:

Anyone else got nothing on the Fox stream?

It could be technical issues as they're likely being hammered, but yeah it is likely they complied with the order.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, now I think it's back on?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Show all your conservative friends and family that Wapo video. If you believe that business owners have the right to not have their daily operation compromised by the government - if you believe in the existence of private property - you can't be on the police's side here.

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
Yeah back up

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930

Police are firing on protestors right now. Holy poo poo it's real.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

D_I posted:

Looked like everyone dispersed, i think it's over.

Twitter's saying people's lawns are on fire and they're using the LRAD again. I don't think it's over.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I think drone strikes are entirely appropriate against cops

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fox stream just came back up. Still on the police standing around instead of with the protesters.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

http://fox2now.com/on-air/live-streaming-2/ still up

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
MSNBC is running night vision guy's footage and talking to him. He says his name is Mustafa Hussein.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
KARG guy is on MSNBC right now.

Muffin Top
Jan 7, 2013
The KARG guy is on msnbc

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Von Sloneker posted:

MSNBC is running night vision guy's footage and talking to him. He says his name is Mustafa Hussein.

Do you mean this person?

seiferguy posted:

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

seiferguy posted:

That was 30 minutes ago.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Well, if you let the IDF teach your police "supression" tactics don't be surprised when your country turns into the West Bank.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Cheekio posted:

I don't think you need tinfoil for that one, they called for media to leave and the cameras to be turned off before they launched a cloud of teargas at the protesters.

I was wondering what was the logic behind this. "Please turn off the recording so we can brutalize you harder"? As if anyone's going to turn their recordings off for that poo poo

Zeitgueist posted:

You shouldn't, they're called "less-lethal" for exactly that reason. You can die from one.

Keep that in mind the next time you see them firing to break up a protest.

:eng101:

Oh I know. I consider any projectile put in the air by police heavier or moving faster than a softball thrown at a police ball game to be fully potentially lethal. The fact that someone invented rubber bullets as "Hey, it's a way for cops to shoot at people without killing them", knowing full well that there is nothing that can come out of a gun that is not highly dangerous.

Properly labelled they'd be "Maiming rounds" or something like that.

Muffin Top
Jan 7, 2013

nopantsjack posted:

Well, if you let the IDF teach your police "supression" tactics don't be surprised when your country turns into the West Bank.

What the hell is this true?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Nonsense posted:

Do you mean this person?

Supposedly. Mike Brown = Mustafa Hussein? I have no idea whats going on.

edit: doh, didn't even notice the name. Way to go, me.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This fox feed is useless. It's just cops standing around.

The Infowars dude's stream died.

Any other good ones?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

D_I posted:

That was 30 minutes ago.

Oh drat, didn't realize this was old.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Dirt posted:

Any other good ones?

Twitter under #Ferguson is pretty good.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

MSNBC's interviewee has said that the protesters have dispersed, no arrests attempted
Tear gas fired into lawns, houses

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Von Sloneker posted:

Supposedly. Mike Brown = Mustafa Hussein? I have no idea whats going on.

Michael Brown was the person killed that started all this. "I Am Mike Brown" was a statement of solidarity, not identification.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

nopantsjack posted:

Ferguson al Sumud

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Oh drat, didn't realize this was old.
The guy who shot that is on MSNBC now, he lost battery power after being pelted with rubber bullets.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dirt posted:

Any other good ones?

Well if it helps I did just find out that St. Louis can expect drastically reduced mold spore count in their allergen index tomorrow, but it's still just a little too high for comfort.
Also there's a race riot happening in the streets of the city, so expect backups.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
That Sharpton, always riling people up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Bobnumerotres posted:

well they've started shooting them too so

• Locked thread