Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Komet
Apr 4, 2003

What flavor of vinegar do you prefer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Wanvig posted:

Those helmets are sick, and I wonder where the hell UAB got the money for those

Pretty sure the University of Alabama's board of trustees is investigating this right now so it never happens again, as part of their ongoing "UAB can never have nice things" initiative.

Those are really good helmets though. Teams are going to have trouble getting 40 guys together on Mumble to beat them.*

*except GT. They've had UAB on farm since this pic was first posted.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Liberty has new gear as well. The red helmets look fantastic.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami Safety Rayshawn Jenkins out for the season after an injury in a practice yesterday. Thankfully we still have good safety depth, but that sucks because he was a ball hawk.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 14, 2014

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DJExile posted:

I like the blue uniform ensemble the best but I like that red helmet the best.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

DJExile posted:

lol at playing football for a school where it's against the rules to get laid

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Here, have a neat SOS thing to play with for awhile.

http://www.bcftoys.com/

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

whoa, this is cool

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Crotch Bat posted:

Holy poo poo, Marshall.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Raku posted:

lol at playing football for a school where it's against the rules to get laid

coughcoughBYUcoughcough

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
We have a tougher schedule than Iowa.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

For all the bellyaching about our non-con, Baylor still has a significantly better SOS than OU, despite their courageous challenge of mighty Tennessee. :colbert:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Well, based on their projected 2014 FEI ratings, anyway. I don't see any data on the site as to how well their projected FEI for each team matched the actual in previous years, so there's no telling how accurate it is.

It's fun to play with, anyway.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa's schedule owns. We'll probably wind up loving up and getting 7-8 wins anyway, but I would happily just beat up on lovely teams on the way to 10+ wins forever. I just want my Saturdays to start with watching my favorite team win. I don't care if it's against scrubs. We're not ever winning another national title anyway, so gently caress it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

Iowa's schedule owns. We'll probably wind up loving up and getting 7-8 wins anyway, but I would happily just beat up on lovely teams on the way to 10+ wins forever. I just want my Saturdays to start with watching my favorite team win. I don't care if it's against scrubs. We're not ever winning another national title anyway, so gently caress it.

This has forever been my logic. VT schedules these big games that Beamer has never been able to win for naught. Winning one or two would never change their reputation under Beamer and losing just perpetuates it. Schedule lovely teams and who the gently caress knows?

With the playoffs starting even an undefeated lovely schedule by a power 5 team is most likely making it and then who knows? Beats the gently caress out of seeing your team get embarrassed annually by a top 5 team every September.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

In non-injury related UGA news, WR/Split end Malcom Mitchell joins a book club with some nice old ladies!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
KU thankfully got Rice off the schedule, so that was an automatic loss off the lineup for once, and we replaced it with ACC cupcake Duke, wait, poo poo.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That's because, unlike Iowa, you guys don't get to play Iowa State.

Action Saxxon
Dec 21, 2004

Please be Baaaaack.

Spiritus Nox posted:

For all the bellyaching about our non-con, Baylor still has a significantly better SOS than OU, despite their courageous challenge of mighty Tennessee. :colbert:

Only thing more pointless than a preseason poll is a preseason SOS. Fun to play around with, but it doesn't mean poo poo. Wait until the end of the season and we'll see if Baylor's non-district schedule holds up. Baylor/Briles OOC is really indefensible.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Preseason SOS is pretty pointless.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Thoguh posted:

That's because, unlike Iowa, you guys don't get to play Iowa State.

You say that, but Iowa has a really tough time of putting Iowa State a lot of the time.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Preseason SOS is pretty pointless.

Preseason everything is pretty pointless.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Komet posted:

You say that, but Iowa has a really tough time of putting Iowa State a lot of the time.

Eventually Mourningview will be forced to accept that it isn't the 1980s anymore and in the lifetime of current college freshmen Iowa State has won half of the Cy-Hawk games. I don't except that to happen today.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Thoguh posted:

Eventually Mourningview will be forced to accept that it isn't the 1980s anymore and in the lifetime of current college freshmen Iowa State has won half of the Cy-Hawk games. I don't except that to happen today.

Maybe that's why we beat them at football nearly half the time.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Action Saxxon posted:

Only thing more pointless than a preseason poll is a preseason SOS. Fun to play around with, but it doesn't mean poo poo. Wait until the end of the season and we'll see if Baylor's non-district schedule holds up. Baylor/Briles OOC is really indefensible.

Preseason coach of the year awards are the most pointless thing ever.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

I don't know that I deny that Iowa State beats us a lot, I just don't think it's because ISU is ever any good. I openly pine for the early 90s when we won by 50 every year a lot. Plus only half the time is pretty shameful. Northwestern blows that away.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

soggybagel posted:

Maybe that's why we beat them at football nearly half the time.

I dunno, I don't think what I say on the internet has much to do with how often Iowa wins.

Also Ferentz is 10-5 against Minnesota (his best record against any team in the Big Ten, actually) so I would maybe check that math.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I was making a somewhat obtuse simpsons reference.

The joke being Shelbyville residents bragged about beating Springfield in football nearly half the time. Which is obviously not something to brag about.

And I was drawing that connection to the Iowa Iowa state rivalry. Aren't they nearly equal in wins over the past twenty years or so?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm still sour about Baylor cancelling their Women's Basketball series with Tennessee the instant Brittany Griner graduated. The replacement game was against noted SEC powerhouse Ole Miss (12-20, 2-14 SEC).

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

AsInHowe posted:

Noted fat guy and idiot Jay Paterno is campaigning to be something that is unclear, possibly the title of 'biggest idiot in town', while giving speeches entirely about how great his dad's win total was.

http://www.votejaypaterno.com/#!speeches/cxc5

What an idiot.
This got buried at the end of the last page but holy crap there isn't a :jerkbag: big enough for that speech.

quote:

In a time when the NCAA is rife with stories of players taking money, of players demanding to unionize, of a basketball player being on the dean’s list admitting that he did so without ever having attended a single class….409 should be the NCAA’s shining city on the hill.

quote:

But I suspect I am Don Quixote tilting at windmills. I suspect that 409 represents an ideal, a truth that most of them could never see, and never wanted to believe in—including some people who made decisions at our own university.

quote:

What they could never understand, because it was never theirs to begin with, was that in giving away the honor that was won the hard way for the school—they gave away something that was obtained through difficult conflict, the road less taken of Success With Honor.

:barf:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dude789 posted:

I'm still sour about Baylor cancelling their Women's Basketball series with Tennessee the instant Brittany Griner graduated. The replacement game was against noted SEC powerhouse Ole Miss (12-20, 2-14 SEC).

I mean they also played the top ranked team in the country and eventual national champ non-con last year so you can deal.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean they also played the top ranked team in the country and eventual national champ non-con last year so you can deal.

I suspect that was because it was a home game and cancelling all of their good non conference opponents at once would look bad.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

VDay posted:

This got buried at the end of the last page but holy crap there isn't a :jerkbag: big enough for that speech.

:barf:

holy poo poo, that whole thing is incredible

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

wootmachine posted:

UAB's new helmets loving own.

They're finally embracing Trogdor as their mascot :unsmith:

Wylie posted:

Pretty sure the University of Alabama's board of trustees is investigating this right now so it never happens again, as part of their ongoing "UAB can never have nice things" initiative.

Bama wouldn't know majesty if it came up and bit them in the face

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 14, 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Players attempting to unionize: literally worse than a head coach covering up a child rape scandal.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Both will equally hurt the Wildcats in their goal of winning the Big Ten.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
This is a thing that is real.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

wootmachine posted:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

OU doesn't have to play itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

wootmachine posted:

It won't be real until I see a Deal With It gif version.

• Locked thread